VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

I just activated my pass online, for some reason it didn't add a $5.00 processing fee like it did when I started to look at activating it a few weeks ago so that was nice to only pay $85.xx with tax. The parking booths still sell season parking right? I didn't want to buy the season pass parking online figuring I might have trouble at the parking booths with it.

Next year I'm renewing as soon as they e-mail the 20% off code from Funatics Rewards instead of waiting like I did this year and losing out on the 15% off code they sent me.

I recently found some old programs/postcards (they are already on this site) and part of the mystique about the park was the woodlands. You go around almost any corner of the park and you would find a batch of more rides to hang out on. Looking for the rides in the 70s at GA was like an Easter egg hunt in the middle of the summer (look at that home video of GA from 1974-75). That is what made the park so great.

That Dr. Claws kid is at it again on Facebook.

The whole "The Lady in the Lake" story is gone. Me and my production team are now doing a movie called "Alice in Wonderland". In the movie, there is a character we made named "Claws" he's evil. So, I think we are going to use "Claws" as the theme instead! We are hopeing he will be at Fright Fest this year before any coasters come. The rides I think are best for "Claws" are, (THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster, Bizarro, or BATMAN The Ride.) What u think?

I haven't seen any and I just bought a 12 pack of Diet Coke last week, I think this year they are having the $29.99 online promotion for Spring Break instead.

Yesterday when I went to Great Adventure (Only got on great american scream machine, el toro (last row, almost **** my pants), kingda ka, bizarro (awesome) and Nitro (last row, excellent ride) because the lines were so long ughh!!) I processed my Season Pass but didn't get a coupon book and I didn't want to wait in the long line just for a coupon book, Can I pick it up next time I come to the park and do I have to go to the Processing place for it, if not where else can I go to get it??

well you might be S.O.L next time you go to the park and try and get one, they only have a limited amount of books, you can try to hit up guest relations for one, or go in the exit and get in line for the book, it only takes about 8 seconds to get on they just scan your card to make sure you havent recived one already.

I thought I wouldve been told by the person who processed my pass where to go to get it.. I guess I was a little too excited and just wanted to start hitting the rides because it was early in the day and it was my first trip of the season...if I'm not mistaking the Bring a Friend Free tickets are in the book????? I told a few people Id be able to take them for free...I hope I won't be S.O.L when I go again if I am I'm gonna regret not getting the book :( if I had known I could go in the exit I wouldve I didn't want to look like an @$$

Edited by bvfcfirefighter

• 1 month later...

It's so great that they are already on daily operations and most other parks won't be for another 2 1/2 weeks. Other than the days with events like Student Council Day today the crowds are usually very light with short lines and that makes it one of my favorite times of the year to visit the park.

• 2 weeks later...

They probably wouldn't want to do that since it might keep people away. I agree it's a good idea though. Like when I went to the park on April 1st, I remember reading the park was empty the few days before Easter last year so I took a chance and it was the most crowded I have ever seen the park. Even to use a Funatics exit pass on Nitro took 20 minutes. If I had seen how crowded it was before leaving, I would have never gone to the park.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone know the story on superman? all i can tell is that there doing something to the ground under the first loop and some kind off fo0ting concrete forms are there to. Also it looks like the block brakes are removed. Security said it was only supposed to be closed for a week or so but now were on week 3? Anyone know the whole story, Also batman was closed today(6-13) till i left at 4, i heard them start it up and the lift didnt sound gooad at all

anyone know the story on superman? all i can tell is that there doing something to the ground under the first loop and some kind off fo0ting concrete forms are there to. Also it looks like the block brakes are removed. Security said it was only supposed to be closed for a week or so but now were on week 3? Anyone know the whole story, Also batman was closed today(6-13) till i left at 4, i heard them start it up and the lift didnt sound gooad at all

Superman was contaminated by kryptonite and will down for about 3 weeks. BTR should be back up and running soon...it was fine all day Saturday.