VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

• 2 weeks later...

Something interesting.....

Not including kiddie and up-charge rides, and assuming no additional rides are removed this winter, Great Adventure will have 12 adult coasters (50%) and 12 adult rides (50%) in the park next year. As a random point of reference, 25 years ago in 1985 the park had 4 adult coasters (14%) and 25 adult rides (86%).

The number of roller coasters in theme parks nationwide has increased dramatically since the '80s, but I don't think any park has 50% coasters!

Did you guy's notice the name "Butch" carved into one of the "Log Flume's" footer's. (last one in the lake behind Best Of The West). I was back there last week and noticed it for the first time. There are a couple of other names on it too. It was "carved" when the cement was still wet.

That may of well been ,Butch Dring the first Director of Animals in the Safari. He was all over the park as it was being constructed and could of wrote his name along with the others? What other names were there and I could ID them maybe?

• 3 weeks later...

This weekend is the last weekend to use your "Funatics" Rewards. Use them, or lose them. I am using most of mine tonight. 2 "Bring-A-Friend Free", 2 "Skip The Line", Preferred Parking and "2 "Skip The Line's", and 2 Soda Reward's. I might not use the parking one though. If it is really crowded I park in Employee parking because they now close the other Exit road on that side when the park closes. I NEVER wait an hour in line to get out of the Parking lot. We were stuck once this year after Saturday Night Light's. Park over there and you can get right out at the end of the night.

• 2 weeks later...

Shame the weather is going to cool off so much this Friday, not sure I can go because of it. At least it will warm up Saturday and Sunday. Seems like every Oct, Fridays are always the coolest days of the week and Sundays the warmest.

I'm still considering going tonight even if it is cold, I figure if I went Sunday of opening weekend in the low 40's, this weather won't be as bad the only difference is 90 minutes after opening it will be dark outside. As much as I would rather go tomorrow there is no way I am going on a Saturday or Sunday after seeing pictures of full queues with the lines overflowing 2 weeks ago

I keep thinking about how a week from today it will be the offseason, and it seems like it was just opening weekend in March. I hope opening day is early again next season since it is going to be a long 5+ months without Nitro :(

Ahhhh only 3 more operating days, gonna be a long winter, im going for sure sat night, any one else headed out.on the other hand i did notice that they have dug out whatappears to be the pad for tjhe lift hill base over at the green lantern site, atleast we got something good to talk about over the off season

Sadly it looks like the weather will cool down alot again this Friday, but since this is the last Friday I will just have to tough out the cold. Shame they won't be open Thurs when it is still 75. The worst thing is the long off season and stupid winter.

Edited by The Master