VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

• 4 weeks later...

Kohls wins my award for queue line management! I went there yesterday and the store was packed with the check-out line wrapping all the way to the back of the store, probably a couple of hundred people long. Kohls had all the registers open with one person ringing things up and the other packing/bagging the merchandise at each station. They also had a worker directing people to the next available cashier. It took me only 8 minutes to get from the rear of the store to checked out and back in my car.

GA should hire a couple of Kohls employees to work the registers at the Best of the West Barbeque!

• 1 month later...
Has anyone ever been married @ GA ?

SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE HOSTS A WEDDING EXTRAVAGANZA TO SEVEN LUCKY COUPLES

Seven weddings on seven coasters beginning at 7 a.m. on 7/7/07

Six Flags Great Adventure

Jackson, NJ

wedding.jpg

Jackson, NJ – Six Flags Great Adventure and 12 other Six Flags U.S. parks will host seven weddings, on seven coasters beginning at 7 a.m. on the luckiest day of the century – 7/7/07. The couples will say “I Do” on coasters including Nitro, Medusa, Batman, Superman Ultimate Flight, Daredevil Dive, Runaway Train and El Toro.

According to the New York Times, more than 31,000 couples will be saying their vows on July 7, 2007. After seeing that many would-be brides were finding venues and vendors booked and solid for this popular date, Six Flags decided to allow seven couples to “take the plunge” at the park compliments of Six Flags Great Adventure.

Couples were selected by three radio stations in the tri-state area including soon to be newlyweds, Carl Walker Jr. and Karen Dae from Levittown, PA. “We were looking for a unique way to get married. When I heard the radio station was trying to find someone to get married on a rollercoaster, I though to myself, wow this is it,” said Dae, who’s been engaged to fiancée Walker for 5 years. These soon to be newlyweds will be the first to take the ride of their lifetime on Nitro at 7 a.m.

Following the seven ceremonies, couples and their guests will attend a complimentary all-you-can- eat buffet in the park’s Picnic Grove from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and will then participate in a “Just Married” parade through the park at 12:30 p.m.

# # #

There was also a marriage event held at Fright Fest one year.

Thanks! It weighed over 50 lbs and it doesn't seem like it until you pick it up. Since it was a charity auction the price was worth it for me. I think I'm going to frame the scream machine shirt that it came with.

Edited by rcji