VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

today the park was the buisest ive seen it in the last 2 seasons, if i had to guess id say the parking lot was near 85% full, the whole lot near ka was full and the main lot 3/4 full, plus the pefred parking was 3/4

It was pretty packed, they said they had over 10,000 pre-sold tickets just for today.

That is why I never go to parks on a Saturday, the park would be miserable from being so crowded.

That's how I feel, it's no fun to be standing in line for 30+ minutes (I know lines were probably much longer than that for the major coasters) when I am used to going on slow days when most lines are 0 - 15 minutes.

I was at the park yesterday and I took a look inside the sim theater. They ripped out all the queue railings and are using the space as storage for prizes. <_< Seems like for every new ride GADV installs they remove at least two old rides.

I've been posting little note updates in the

AmusementPics.com 2010 Gallery

Here are a couple of updates from the past few days:

FrightFest Auditions were taking place tonight--

gallery_505_640718.jpg

New signs as you enter the park--

gallery_505_417407.jpg

Best of the West now feature Turkey Legs--

gallery_505_496522.jpg

The Log Flume has a pretty bad leak--

gallery_505_582639.jpg

There's a lot of gum on the pavement--

gallery_505_893485.jpg

All these ads in the park is getting disgusting. Someone goes to a theme park for a day of fun where they can forget the "outside world". All these ads do is greedily bring the world back in. Cedar Fair doesn't have ads like this in their parks, how come we have to have them?

The leak is new there, there's a small one slowly washing out the underside of the station under the stairs. It's been there a few weeks now and everytime we go more of the dirt is gone. It's a seam that's been refiberglased before, looks like the flume could use a new troughway!

anyone ever notice the benches with a roof over by the big wheel, im pretty sure there from day one, they seem outa place and i was wondering if there was a ride there at onetime that people who were waiting for others to ride gave them a place to sit?

anyone ever notice the benches with a roof over by the big wheel, im pretty sure there from day one, they seem outa place and i was wondering if there was a ride there at onetime that people who were waiting for others to ride gave them a place to sit?

It was part of something I just can't remember. It was one of the Mystery trivia questions while back. I think they said it was part of a waiting area? Dont hold me on it though. ^_^

As best as I can tell, the tan covered bench was added in 1977. The earliest photo we have of it is from June 1977. My guess would be that the bench was added as a convenience for guests waiting for riders on the Flying Wave and Traffic Jam rides.

Prior to the 1977 season, the Calypso was situated next to the Traffic Jam ride. It was moved further back for 1977 to the current site of the remote boats next to the Jolly Roger. The bench could have been added to help fill the void of the moved Calypso.

The seat was not associated with a ride - not even the Great Train Ride station which it resembles.

Here is a photo of the bench from 1990:

gallery_2_43_731760.jpg

As best as I can tell, the tan covered bench was added in 1977. The earliest photo we have of it is from June 1977. My guess would be that the bench was added as a convenience for guests waiting for riders on the Flying Wave and Traffic Jam rides.

Prior to the 1977 season, the Calypso was situated next to the Traffic Jam ride. It was moved further back for 1977 to the current site of the remote boats next to the Jolly Roger. The bench could have been added to help fill the void of the moved Calypso.

The seat was not associated with a ride - not even the Great Train Ride station which it resembles.

Here is a photo of the bench from 1990:

gallery_2_43_731760.jpg

Hmm. I wish all the benches were that elaborate throughout the park. Lol :P