VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

What I have been surprised was that even in cooler temperatures, like the 50's as it was a few days when the park was opening during the week, it looked to have a 30 minute line at points.

I saw some of the boats in that area you can see from Nitro (to the right of the first drop) and a few boats were in the area next to the turntable in that other trought but not being used).

I'm just glad it is open even if it isn't at full capacity. I have ridden it every visit so far this season and it is my favorite non coaster ride in the park. The only thing is I wish they would turn off the sprayers until it gets warmer out on a regular basis like maybe from mid May to early September have them on. They haven't been working right (but not closed) but I was always worried I was going to get hit with one of the sprayers when it is so cold out.

Edited by Yoshi

On Sunday when I was there they were doing the same thing with the flume pushacar said happened on Saturday. I got in line at the end of the day and the queue was still about half full and it still took 50 min. There was only one log in the sideline next to the turntable. I agree with Yoshi that the sprayers should be turned off in cooler weather so people don't get sick.

Having worked at Log Flume I can vouch that it is difficult to continually place groups of 2 and 3 together in one boat. You have a lot of people with 'strong convictions,' to put it nicely, that refuse to be seated with others. Once you get one group that is not grouped, then no one wants to be grouped. I originally asked if they minded being grouped with others and that got old real quick. After that I would then direct them to a boat without offering them an option, this worked well and only occasionally someone would balk and ask to be alone. Also, quite often one of my supervisors would attempt to be inconspicuous and watch the boats as they were leaving to make sure we had at least 4 people in each boat. As for the silver queue lines, they were used quite often in the summers on days with large crowds. There are barriers that can be moved to block the path at the entrance and behind the station to allow the queue to be continuous. It would sometimes become a bother because people would come from behind Best of the West to get on line only to find the path cut off.

At around 6:30 last night, Kingda Ka had the most perfect rollback I've seen in a while. A train full of riders shot up, and it perfectly balanced at the top of the tower for at least three seconds before it slowly started moving and cascading backwards down the tower. It was beautiful (if only I was on it)

I don't understand why people have a problem riding with strangers on the flume as long as you don't sit with a stranger in your section (since there is that divider in the middle of the boat). The bobsled or rides where you are riding in a stranger's lap I can understand.

I prefer to ride without strangers but it isn't a big deal to ride with strangers on the flume. I usually get the back of the boat and others get the front half with that seat back/divider.

I'm also curious why all the boats still haven't been added. I know it's early in the season, but why not operate at full capacity from day one (especially when it requires nothing more from the employees working the ride)? Perhaps it's simply because they haven't had the time to bring the extra boats over, but it seems like with the forecasts for last Saturday and Sunday the park should have made it a priority.

Edited by pashacar

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...