VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

• 2 weeks later...
This isn't a wanted topic, but just does anybody have anything like a character costume from the wardrobe department? Just interested if there is any way to get something like that.

You have already been informed in other threads that character costumes are destroyed before disposal.

Hey if you bought a flash pass knowing there was a huge storm coming then I have no sympathy. You can't really expect the park to force their employees into a dangerous situation for your benefit. I was surprised they even opened because the estimates for rain wind and flooding were quite serious with this storm.

You can buy the passes in advance on the internet at a discount rather than buying them in the park. People who made plans early may have taken a bath on em. Was just a passing thought anyways about the flash passers. Those people wont go for Ice Water for giving out a refund.

Last Sunday was the last day the Big Wheel will be running for the year. When I rode it last Sunday the ride ops kept announcing it was the last day for Big Wheel for the season. I guess next week they will start putting up Dead Man's Party's stage in front of it.

Edited by The Master

Here are a few videos that I found on You Tube shot at the park in 1994 :

Wild Safari

Wild Safari, Bugs Bunny Land rides with Magic Hands (but no BBGWRR water tower) and GASM

Bugs Bunny Goin Hollywood show in BBL w/ Daffy, Porky Pig, Foghorn and some ladies...

Dodge House, Sky Ride, Batman, Free Fall, Old Country, Main Street Fountain and Aqua Stadium

Just Do It

Out at Night: Gay Day at Six Flags

by Greg Niedt

Published: Sep 16, 2008

Fri., Sept. 19, 6 p.m.-mid., $45-$60, Six Flags, 1 Six Flags Blvd., Jackson, N.J., twistedlife.com

It may be the perception that members of the LGBTQ community prefer dance clubs and tea rooms to theme parks, but really, roller coasters and 100-foot drops are thrilling regardless of your orientation. Thing is, most "family-friendly" parks frown on a gay male couple clutching each other in joyful terror or two lesbians sharing ice cream and smooches at a concession stand.

And so, Out At Night: Gay Day at Six Flags was born. Says event founder Gage Kristofer of twistedlife.com, "Out at Night is currently the largest gay 'private' event in the U.S. It's a night where we can enjoy the park and be ourselves."

Proceeds from this year benefit the DVLF Justin Eng Scholarship, which is awarded to an LGBTQ student at UArts who needs assistance to pursue an artistic career.

The evening has been steadily growing since its inception in 2002, so buy your tickets now if you and yours want to shriek your way along Kingda Ka.

I never knew they had events like this at SFGA. Do they promote this through the park?