VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Justice League: Battle for Metropolis to Debut in 2017 at SFGA

29yrswithaGApass

Game-Changing Thrill Ride to Debut at Six Flags Great Adventure in 2017 –

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis

JACKSON, N.J. ─ September 1, 2016 ─ Six Flags Great Adventure, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, announces the addition of JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis to its world-class lineup of thrill rides in 2017. This multi-sensory, interactive dark ride received global recognition as the Best New Product by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions, was named one of the Top Ten Amusement Park Attractions of the Year by USA Today readers and named Best New Attraction by Theme Park Insider.

“This ride is a game-changer and without question one of the most innovative, interactive and exciting attractions we have ever undertaken,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President Neal Thurman. “The world-class game play and cutting-edge technology will have guests fully engaged in non-stop action.”

In a high-stakes clash between good and evil, guests will become members of the Justice League Reserve team and engage in a full-sensory journey to save the city of Metropolis as they battle alongside Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Supergirl and Cyborg against Super Villains Lex Luthor and The Joker.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis features:

· 4D ride experience with wind, fire, mist and fog effects, plus life-like animatronic characters;

· Sleek, six-passenger, motion-platform cars that twist, tilt and spin while going through hairpin, 360-degree turns, all synched to the action on the screens;

· Intense virtual loop and barrel roll, giving riders the head-over-heels feeling;

· High definition, 3D animation that fully immerses riders into the city of Metropolis; and

· State-of-the-art, real-time gaming elements including 600 virtual and tangible targets.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis is expected to debut in the late spring of 2017. For more information about next season at Six Flags Great Adventure, visit https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/newfor2017

Six Flags Great Adventure is also announcing the start of 2017 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year – savings up to 70% on 2017 Passes. September 1 through 5, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to both Six Flags Great Adventure and Hurricane Harbor, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends. 2017 Season Passes provide unlimited visits any operating day for the rest of 2016, including park admission to Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®, and all of 2017.

Passholders may also purchase a Premium Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2017 All Season Sport Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Premium Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.

BATMAN, SUPERMAN, WONDER WOMAN, THE JOKER, GREEN LANTERN, THE FLASH, SUPERGIRL, CYBORG, LEX LUTHOR and all related characters and elements © & ™ DC Comics and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s16)

About Warner Bros. Consumer Products

Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.

About DC Entertainment

DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world.

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.2 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 54 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com

VIDEOS:

gallery_2_35_46075.jpggallery_2_35_43896.jpg

PICTURES:

gallery_2_1102_863212.png

gallery_2_1102_1770101.jpg

gallery_2_1102_4088746.jpg

gallery_2_1102_2071761.jpg

gallery_2_1102_2726224.jpg

gallery_2_1102_315582.jpg

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

I hope the actual ride is as good as the "artist rendering"-I like the idea of aiming at actual targets as well projected ones.

I only went on once but I don't remember there really being any actual targets. The joker is really the only actual set piece on the ride, there are other props but nothing that I remember being anything other then just set objects.

Does anyone know the difference between our JL ride and MM JL "second generation" ride besides this...

This will actually be a "next generation" version of the popular Six Flags dark ride experience featuring a spectacular new finale scene, new game targets as well as the addition of popular super-villain Harley Quinn.

You think this could be on all JL rides for the parks next year...

Im curious to see where the entrance for this is going to go. Will they reopen Old Country completely or have the entrance towards the end of Movietown, behind Dark Knight?

Most likely will be in the Chiller's old location. Excited for that section of the park to really open up again. I hope they get rid of the whole catering area so they can have some more space to work with. Either way, they'll have to do a bit of an overhaul of that section.

Really excited for this new edition. I haven't gotten the chance to ride one of these before so I'm glad they're adding one at our very own GA. We've been lacking dark rides for several years now so it's about time they gave us one. I do hope this means that a new coaster is incoming, because let's face it, we haven't gotten a good coaster since El Toro.

I don't understand why only MM is getting the extra stuff. I get that the extra pre show room is probably more costly, but if they're adding Harley Quinn and a new finale, it's probably just some basic differences with the videos. Why couldn't they spread that out to all three parks?

• Like 1

I don't understand why only MM is getting the extra stuff. I get that the extra pre show room is probably more costly, but if they're adding Harley Quinn and a new finale, it's probably just some basic differences with the videos. Why couldn't they spread that out to all three parks?

Harley Quinn is a new animation, which is kind of significant considering there's only 2. (Joker and Cyborg)

I hope they get rid of the whole catering area so they can have some more space to work with.

They definitely use the catering area a lot and it brings in lots of huge groups and thus money. That's not something they're going to get rid of.

I have wanted a dark ride for years and when other parks started getting Justice League, I was hoping Great Adventure would add one as well. It looks like it will be a very impressive ride for a regional park.

• Like 1

No Super Loops, No Kids areas, Mexico is getting nothing basically (VR which is nothing, a new event which is something cool; might be the water park but that's hours away from it), Great Escape is getting something cool, Both the NO DC parks are getting rides that use the same name in the chain [bonzi is not trademarked i think but Titian is]. Minus St. Louis, La Ronde, Fiesta Texas, Mexico, and Great Escape-there are only DC themed rides: 3 Jokers, 3 JL, Wonder Women Themed Frisbee, and a Wonder Women themed Skyscreamer.

Sentence: S&S 4D freeflyers are just like Movie- the squeal is worse than the original.

They definitely use the catering area a lot and it brings in lots of huge groups and thus money. That's not something they're going to get rid of.

I mean I guess. Maybe it's just me, but walking in to the park that area is always empty. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like a new coaster would draw in a much larger audience