VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Right Stuff Mach 1 Adventure

29yrswithaGApass

Which film presented in Great Adventure's simulator theater is your favorite?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which film presented in Great Adventure's simulator theater is your favorite?

• The Right Stuff - Mach 1 Adventure
    • Dino Island - Get Petrified
    • Dino Island II - Escape from Dino Island
    • SpongeBob Squarepants
    • Superstition - starring Elvira Mistress of the Dark

I loved the Simulator, however I agree that it is now outdated and not worth the investment to bring it back. The building would be better transformed or replaced with something interactive like a Justice League dark ride, down the road when the park is ready to make a costly investment.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree it was one of the only Disney type rides, so it always had one of the longest lines. But this is what happened to almost everyone. After standing in line for an hour, you make it up to the doors only to have the attendant stop you and have the doors close in your face. UGG Another 10 min till you made it in.

• 6 months later...

In the preshow film of the Right Stuff Mach 1 Adventure they said:

"If you find that supersonic flight is more than you can handle, just raise your hand and we will retrun to base immediately."

I never saw anyone do this. I wonder if it actually worked and if so, did they stop just that set of seats or the entire show. I would think it would have been just that simulator base.

Did anyone ever see the ride stopped for someone?

I saw it happen during Elvira once, a bitty lady raised her hand when the film was almost over. So we got to ride twice.

• 3 weeks later...

That was awesome!! Brought back a lot of memories. And although my desk chair is not robotic like the ones in the theater, I swear I could feel it moving! Pretty funny how the sights and sound of the video brought back the sensations that the simulator seats gave. Thanks for posting that!

"Altitude, altitude!!" Like 29yrswithaGApass, I often say that on flights too! lol

Edited by cingularpat

• 1 year later...

After seeing this pic of Justice League, i really think we will eventually get one in our simulator building. Almost look's the exactly the same, and it would be a perfect spot for it.

gallery_208_401_77921.jpg

I took a walk around our Simulator Building. No sign's of anything going on in, or around it, other than normal "park" operations.

Edited by Railer
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
9 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

If I recall, that was a two tape movie!

Yep! I’m pretty sure Right Stuff is on HBO Max, but it’s funny to have to get up mid movie and change the tape. With Right Stuff and Unforgiven, I have a little GA-inspired collection going!

• 3 years later...

I have ridden both simulators, although when I rode SFOT's they had already changed their film to Starship America.  It is a shame that GADV gutted theirs.