VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Right Stuff Mach 1 Adventure

29yrswithaGApass

Which film presented in Great Adventure's simulator theater is your favorite?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which film presented in Great Adventure's simulator theater is your favorite?

• The Right Stuff - Mach 1 Adventure
    • Dino Island - Get Petrified
    • Dino Island II - Escape from Dino Island
    • SpongeBob Squarepants
    • Superstition - starring Elvira Mistress of the Dark

As part of this past Tuesday's construction tour we were taken into the simulator theater to see the new Green Lantern Trains. Here is the status of the theater:

- Former indoor queue area: All queue bars have been removed leaving a large open area which is used as a work floor for the new coaster's trains.

- Former preshow area: The multi-level platforms where quests stood and viewed the preshow TVs have been removed, leaving a large empty open area. All sound equipment as well as the televisions have been taken out.

- Former theater: Here as well, the multi-level platforms on which the simulators sat have been removed. The large format screen has been removed as well as all sound equipment. All that remains is a hollowed-out metal box of a building.

- Former post show area/season pass processing: Similar to the other areas, this room has been emptied except for the Green Lantern trains which are in storage. The vintage signs on the far wall which were hung during the season pass processing days are still present.

The entire structure has been stripped of any simulator and/or theater attraction. Only the openings for the various doorways which seem to be in mid-air now that the platforms have been removed remain.

No photography was allowed inside the theater area.

It's a shame to hear there is basically nothing left. I wish the removal of the old simulator ride parts had not be so far along when Weber took over and maybe they could have saved it.

• 3 months later...

Does anybody have any specifications as to the hanger building that housed the old sim attractions? Like i mean any sort of idea as to the floorplan? I know the seats/preshow have been gutted but whats left? What is on the second floor??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought it would be fun to bring back some great memories.

Dino Island: Get Petrified

preview:

http://www.simex-iwe...d=39&mcat_cid=0

Dino Island 2: Escape from Dino Island!

you can watch a preview from the movie here:

http://www.simex-iwe...id=1&mcat_cid=0

Elvira's Superstition

pre-show:

the ride (bad quality)

i found this behind the scenes video. its very interesting

Spongebob 3D!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU5n2P4j26Y&feature=related

I couldn't find a video for the right stuff. if anyone can please upload it.

I didn't even bother finding fly me to the moon. if you liked it feel free to add it yourself. im good on that.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

This item is in Six Flags' 2012 Annual Report. I am sure this refers to the discontinued project for the simulator theater building.

Loss on disposal of assets. Loss on disposal of assets decreased by $6.0 million in 2011 compared to 2010 primarily due to the write-off of a project that was terminated at our park in Jackson, New Jersey in 2010.

• 1 month later...

In the preshow film of the Right Stuff Mach 1 Adventure they said:

"If you find that supersonic flight is more than you can handle, just raise your hand and we will retrun to base immediately."

I never saw anyone do this. I wonder if it actually worked and if so, did they stop just that set of seats or the entire show. I would think it would have been just that simulator base.

Did anyone ever see the ride stopped for someone?