VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Right Stuff Mach 1 Adventure

29yrswithaGApass

Which film presented in Great Adventure's simulator theater is your favorite?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which film presented in Great Adventure's simulator theater is your favorite?

• The Right Stuff - Mach 1 Adventure
    • Dino Island - Get Petrified
    • Dino Island II - Escape from Dino Island
    • SpongeBob Squarepants
    • Superstition - starring Elvira Mistress of the Dark

I never liked coasters or SFGA for that matter until I started working there. And when I started there it was Spongebob, so the only one I have been on is Spongebob. Yes I was there while it's been Elvira also, but as everyone knows during FF it gets crazy and I didn't have a second to go and experience it.

I guess I will choose Spongebob since that's the only one I've been on, but the ride still could have been better. Just from the name I think Mach 1 would have been the best. Besides the name, look around that area, it was themed amazingly, 90% of the theming is still there!

The wait is over! Today we proudly introduce our latest addition to the GreatAdventureHistory.com Attracation Spotlight series -

The Right Stuff - Mach 1 Adventure including all of Great Adventure's other simulator films - Dino Island, Dino Island II, SpongeBob Squarepants, and Elvira's Superstition!

Check it out, take the film survey above, discuss it here, and see if you've got The Right Stuff!

I have to say, I remember Right Stuff. I never rode it, but it always caught my eye. I also remember the simulators, but again never rode them. Infact, it wasn't until 2005 did I ever enter the hanger, working or otherwise.

I have to say though, it was my favorite as Superstition. Spongebob is.... :sleepysenorsmile:

Excellent Spotlight! Mach 1 was one of my favorite rides as a kid before I was large enough to ride coasters. It was amazing at the detail of theming and I miss all of the planes and sounds of that queue. It's a shame how bare it is now compared to it's glory days. I've seen all of the shows that have played in the theater and Mach 1 was by far my favorite!

In my opinion, The Right Stuff was the closest Great Adventure ever got to introducing a Disney-type experience. It was designed with all the key components of a Disney attraction - themed environment, entertaining queue, background music, lighting, smoke effects, props, themed employee uniforms, preshow staging area, automatic doors, quality sound system, large format movie screen, professional film production, and finally the ultimate Disney signature component, the mandatory exit path through a gift shop.

I've got two film replacement suggestions for the theater

1. The Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera

2. Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast

Luis L.

Luis,

Those are two good suggestions. Jimmy Neutron is still playing at Universal Studios so I am sure they have exclusive rights to that film. However, The Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera, which was Universal's first film when the park opened, is now playing in Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. There seems to be a good chance that we might someday get that film.

IMG_3784.jpg

I like how no one voted for "Dino Island - Get Petrified!" lol. Okay, so my opinions on each one.

The Right Stuff - Mach 1 Adventure

I've seen all of the shows, and this one was my favorite. I loved it when I was little, so when it came back in 03, I rode it a ridiculous amount. It captured me some how, unlike the other shows. This was the ultimate show, and it should come back. Along with it's theming...though there is no room for the plane now. I also remember waiting a ridiculous amount of time the first time I rode it. My whole family thought this was the best one. I was also very happy my little sister got to see it the one year it came back.

Dino Island - Get Petrified

Okay, I was 6 when I rode this, and it was the only time I did, and it scarred me! I remember the queue was cool, and the preshow was neet. I liked the show up until the end where it did get scary, and I didn't like it. Why I didn't close my eyes is beyond me, but it freaked me out for a while!

Actually, now that I think about it. I saw Dino Island last year in LaQua in the attraction called "Hyper Illusion", but it was just "Dino Island" translated to Japanese...we thought it sucked!

Dino Island II - Escape from Dino Island

I have mixed feelings about this show. I liked that it was in 3D, and that the show was very similar to Dino Island. My sister was 6 when we took her in it, and she cried :lol: . What bothered me was that there so called "Dino Island" was actually Madagascar on the map!

SpongeBob Squarepants

HATE IT! HATE IT! HATE IT! HATE I! Let's move on.

I saw it in French with OTSR's, even worse

Superstition - starring Elvira Mistress of the Dark

I like this show. But I don't know why we don't have the 3D version of it. I don't think this show would be good all year round. I like how it's seasonal though. I didn't get to see it this year, but I wish I did. This attraction is great.

-Dainan "Bring back the Right Stuff!" Rafferty

Edited by CycloneMan

[

I saw it in French with OTSR's, even worse

[

A simulator with OTSR's, wow! I hope we don't get that type of simulator.

Luis L.

B.T.W: Danian, do you agree with my film replacement suggestions. Also I agree that Right Stuff should come back.

Edited by Luis L

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the Mach I film. That was a good one. I saw Dino Island and it was OK. I never went to Spongebob. I guess I thought I was too old.

I did like when Mach I was first put in and they had the flight simulators for an extra fee. My friend and I spent too much money "flying" those things.

• 3 weeks later...

Several articles on The Right Stuff - Mach 1 Adventure have been posted to the Galleries including the grand opening of the ride, a teenage rider's review of the ride, and an article on simulator attractions.

Click here to go to the GAH Spotlight Extras Gallery for The Right Stuff.

I doubt by 2010 people will forget Jimmy Neutron. Even though no new episodes are churned out, the show is still doing well thanks to reruns

Luis L.

Outside of the people who watch Nickelodeon, no one is really that familiar with the character. I'd rather see a much more teen-oriented experience to be put into the theater. The kiddies have MORE than enough to occupy their time at the park. As much as I'd love to see The Right Stuff make a triumphant return, I know it's time has passed. Aren't there any more films that are available to parks?