VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Right Stuff Mach 1 Adventure

29yrswithaGApass

Which film presented in Great Adventure's simulator theater is your favorite?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which film presented in Great Adventure's simulator theater is your favorite?

• The Right Stuff - Mach 1 Adventure
    • Dino Island - Get Petrified
    • Dino Island II - Escape from Dino Island
    • SpongeBob Squarepants
    • Superstition - starring Elvira Mistress of the Dark

Outside of the people who watch Nickelodeon, no one is really that familiar with the character. I'd rather see a much more teen-oriented experience to be put into the theater. The kiddies have MORE than enough to occupy their time at the park. As much as I'd love to see The Right Stuff make a triumphant return, I know it's time has passed. Aren't there any more films that are available to parks?

You got point there Christian. The Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera seems to be a more appropriate movie since it has characters both young and old know like The Flintstones and Scooby Doo. If Hanna Barbera can't come here, just bring back Right Stuff.

Luis L.

Edited by Luis L

I remember going on Mach 1 within the first couple of years it was open, and I loved it. Any simulator is great to me but Flight is the best. I was never able to see the first Dino Island, but I remember the second one being pretty decent. I have been non Spongebob probably about 12 times at this point, mainly as a way to get out of the sun for a while on hot summer days. Elvira used to be a favorite of mine, but this year they completely took out the preshow to it and I felt that the atmosphere was pretty bad. I think it's about time for them to revamp both Spongebob and Elvira. I would even be open to a possible closure for part of one if not a whole season to give them a chance to do some retheming and bring in a new movie. After seeing the Mach 1 spotlight I miss how good it looked as the flight simulator, and those cargo crates painted yellow just don't do the trick for me as it stands now.

No matter what it is, with attractions like this change is can be a good thing. Personally I think the simulators need to keep changing over time just to keep them fresh and enjoyable. Don't get me wrong Spongebob was a fun little ride just like the others that came before it, but a change of scenery is always nice.

I have seen all the films and I like The Right Stuff the best, Elvira is a close second, Dino Island 1 and 2 are a tie for 4th, and Spongebob which I still like is last. I remember back when the building was very well themed, now it is just a big bare steel building. PKD also plays the old HB ride from Universal it would be cool if GAdv picked that film up and so would if they picked up the old Back to the Future ride film.

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They had a preshow for Elvira when I was there but the timing was all off. Instead of loading guests into rows and then showing the preshow (once) it seemed to be constantly playing until the safety video was initiated.

On rides like the simulator and Houdini, I feel the show really suffers when the timing isn't right.

I must have been there on a really off day since I didn't get any preshow.

But the preshow definately does make or break those types of rides because they set the mood and also are an aid in terms of giving the gues an idea of what they are in for once the ride has commenced. Without them, while the ride is certainly still entertaining, I don't think a person alwasy gets to full effect of the ride. The only reason I mentioned Elvira is because the preshow for that simulator really does at least explain to you what exactly you are riding once inside the theatre. Without it it just felt like we were thrust onto a random ride that Elvira just happened to be riding as well.

Maybe I'm just picky which is a distinct possibility haha, but that's my feeling.

Either way I'll be in there a few times so it's all good. No matter what the film that is showed, a simulator is fun none the less, but a trip back to The Right Stuff woudln't hurt haha.

Just out of curiosity what is the 2008 season pamphlet. Not familiar with it (or maybe I am I can overlook things easily sometimes)