VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Right Stuff Mach 1 Adventure

29yrswithaGApass

Which film presented in Great Adventure's simulator theater is your favorite?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which film presented in Great Adventure's simulator theater is your favorite?

• The Right Stuff - Mach 1 Adventure
    • Dino Island - Get Petrified
    • Dino Island II - Escape from Dino Island
    • SpongeBob Squarepants
    • Superstition - starring Elvira Mistress of the Dark

I think they should change the movie they play in the theater during Fright Fest. Since the Boardwalk is rethemed to Circus Pyscho, a better themed film to put in the theater would be Funhouse Express.

Here's a link to a video of Funhouse Express

Luis L.

Edited by Luis L

Sounds familiar... is that from the jet flyover in the queue?

Yes it was played on the overhead sound system while you were in the building waiting in line. It stuck out too because it was a bit louder than the rest of the random dialogue that was played on that loop. Right Stuff was the best!

In response to Luis L, I think that would be cool to play in our 3-D theater during Fright Fest this year. Don't get me wrong, I love Elvira. But she's been around forever! Let's give her a year off and try something new that iWerks has to offer. That would looks interesting from the YouTube video.

I'm still not ready to see Elvira go I don't think, but if they were to give something new a shot I am more than willing to see what it would have to offer. One thing is for sure though, and that's that Fright Fest will definitely be offering us something besides FMTTM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If they ever change the film in theater to Hanna Barbera, they should do these changes.

In the queue, put the HD tvs to show HB cartoons

In the preshow, reconfigure it to be like the USF preshow

In the theater, add lights and strobes that do the following:

:04-:08 there should be orange flashing lights

:19-:21

1:25-1:29 Strobes flashing

2:13- 2:14

Luis L.

Guest warnerleroy

How I'd LOVE to see Hanna Barbera come to our park, it doesn't seem likely, and it would replace our beloved Fly Me to the Moon(sarcasm). Sad to say it, but the dreaded Fly Me to The Moon fits in better with the air/space theme of the original attractions and theming. P.S., that space parachute tower is scary as hell, not the height, just it just doesn't seem as safe as sitting with a seat belt and safety bar. Also, a wooden container from the gift shop that stills say Right Stuff MAch 1 Adventure has shown up at the Charatcter store on Main Street. If you look for the post that has Wile E Coyote at it with a huge boulder, about 3 feet away are shelves of t-shirts, on the floor next to the cownstairs registers, is the container, full of Six Flags baseballs

Edited by warnerleroy

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I saw a Spongebob figure in the ride storage area (not exactly sure what it is called but it's where a bunch of ride vehicles are stored and various signs and props) while riding Nitro today. Interesting they held onto it, I really hope they bring it back this season especially if Fly Me To The Moon isn't bringing the numbers they want.

I saw a Spongebob figure in the ride storage area (not exactly sure what it is called but it's where a bunch of ride vehicles are stored and various signs and props) while riding Nitro today. Interesting they held onto it, I really hope they bring it back this season especially if Fly Me To The Moon isn't bringing the numbers they want.

That's the one that was formerly in the window of the Six Flags Kids tent; it was removed because the nose was broken off.

They have all the "sponges" stored by the garage right next to Nitro's Helix and mid-course Breakes. I posted a pic. of it last Season and it was quickly removed from here. Darn Park Policy. Over on the other side of the Employee Lot they have some really cool Statues that I think were once in Batman's Que. Very Tall figures wearing Cloak's.

• 1 month later...

Check out the Right Stuff's Extras Album in our galleries for some recently added scans of a 1995 Six Flags Over Texas pamphlet promoting Texas' version of The Right Stuff - Mach 1 Adventure. Six Flags Over Texas was the only other Six Flags park to add this Great Adventure original.

gallery_2_199_847928.jpg

• 1 month later...

The music from The Right Stuff was the absolute best. I miss it.

BTW, the opening day I was there the sign for the moon landing had the wrong date. We contacted a supervisor and the next week it was changed- maybe others said something also.

You would have thought they would get that one right- they either had i think June 21 or June 29. Whatever it was it was wrong for a few days and we went back in 1 week and it was fixed.

• 1 month later...

At the National Aquarium in Baltimore they had a 4D theater called the Immersion Theater. Before the feature film they showed a montage of several Iwerks films including Dino Island and the Polar Express. The 4D special effects (water, bubbles, air blasts, smells, snow, etc) really added to the experience. I wouldn't mind seeing Great Adventure update our theater to a true "4D" experience and add a brand new film.

that whole section of the park lost its theme when mach -1 left, the whole section needs to be tied in together 2010 should bring a 4d sencery themed type show that can tie into the boardwalk theme, twister kinda fits because of the wood look, but the parachute tower ,superman and screem machaine make it difficult to do.