VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2009 Opening Day April 4th

rcji

I feel bad making a new topic on this but I couldn't really find where this can fit anywhere else. I just noticed on the park's web site they will open the 2009 season on April 4th (151 days from today)! But the calendar is obviously not up yet.

Edited by rcji

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to miss the last weekend of the Season because of Halloween, and the fact that my 3yr. old Daughter has an Ear Infection and Pink Eye. So believe me, no one will be counting down the day's more than me. I'm just happy I went to the Park more this past Season than I have ever gone before. I am only missing a few Entertainment Program's from the entire run of them this year. I have to go thru them and go after the one's I need on the Trading post. And it enjoyed taking all the pics. for everyone here, I hope you all liked them as well. It was my first Season Posting, but not my last. And I have few small places in my area that have some neat thing's and Amusement Rides as well to take shot's of for the off-season. But I can't wait for what's in store for the '09' Season at good ol' GA.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The buyout days don't look too bad if those are the only ones official at this point. I'm also excited to see that Halloween will be on a weekend this coming year for FF (yes sadly I am already looking forward to that most of all). Looks like another nice operating season at this point.

The buyout dates at GAdv are not as bad as Dorney, they are bought out most of September in recent years.

Yes, very annoying especially since Wildwater Kingdom now is open past Labor Day but only for those buy out guests. Those days in September were great since the park was empty but now they are all taken away. It's their loss though, I went to Great Adventure instead on 2 of those Dorney buy out days and had an awesome time (5 minute wait for KK on one of the days in the middle of the afternoon!).

Also because Great Adventure has such a longer operating schedule (not only opening a month earlier but they go to daily operations sooner too), I went to Great Adventure 17 times in 2008 versus only 13 for Dorney.

Yes, very annoying especially since Wildwater Kingdom now is open past Labor Day but only for those buy out guests. Those days in September were great since the park was empty but now they are all taken away. It's their loss though, I went to Great Adventure instead on 2 of those Dorney buy out days and had an awesome time (5 minute wait for KK on one of the days in the middle of the afternoon!).

Also because Great Adventure has such a longer operating schedule (not only opening a month earlier but they go to daily operations sooner too), I went to Great Adventure 17 times in 2008 versus only 13 for Dorney.

Yep, but WWK still has a longer season than HH which is sad. HH does not even open up everyday until June is almost over while WWK is open everyday in June. Both WWK and HH used to be open on weekends after Labor Day but in recent years HH closes on Labor day and WWK is rented out after it.

Isn't that Spring Break though? I am expecting it could be crowded. In 2007 during the week it was open (I went April 11th), it was empty, walk ons for everything except SUF due to 1 train running. I went last year (April 23rd) and it was jammed. 40 minutes to get into the lot around 12:00 and it started with 20 minute waits for BTR, Nitro and GASM and 25 minutes for Medusa. By 4:00, Nitro was into the switchbacks, Batman was into the garden area and RMT's line was out of the fort (no switchbacks used). I am hoping it will be like 2007.

Ugh that kinda sucks. I always forget to factor in spring breaks now that they no longer mean anything to me during the spring. I have a feeling though that even if that is the case it might not be as bad as it has in the past seeing just based on the way crowds seemed to be throughout the course of the season last year as a whole.

Either way, get there at opening and you will at least have a few good hours before the place fills up. Many times last year, I would be there at 10:00, and leave by 1:00 when the Park got crowded. A few rides, Lunch, shopping, and call it a day.

Last year getting to the park at opening did not work out to well. The park opened at 10:30 and all the busses would already be there and unloaded their hordes filling up the plaza before 10:30! Before last year the park opened at 10:00 and the busses were usually not in the parking lot yet, but alot of the rides didn't open till 10:15-10:25 so you would spend alot of your early time looking for a open ride.

Either way, get there at opening and you will at least have a few good hours before the place fills up. Many times last year, I would be there at 10:00, and leave by 1:00 when the Park got crowded. A few rides, Lunch, shopping, and call it a day.

Yeah I'm sure it wasn't as bad at opening on that day I went last year during Spring Break. I figured there was no reason to get up early since I was expecting it to be empty like it was in 2007. If I do go during that week, I am getting there at opening.

I hope the weather will be decent. Back in 04 when I went to GAdv for the first time for the year all the rides were closed, even the indoor rides because of the wind they claimed. There were alot of people walking around going WTF?

I hope the weather will be decent. Back in 04 when I went to GAdv for the first time for the year all the rides were closed, even the indoor rides because of the wind they claimed. There were alot of people walking around going WTF?

I think we all have had a day or two like that. Here's one of mine from last season.

gallery_208_401_355643.jpg

At least Taz Tornado was up and running. I'm sure that would make for a funfilled day.

I think the closed sign was put at the wrong spot. There is one below Taz Tornado where they put a white sticker over what used to say Hand Crank. Speaking of Taz Tornado, for all of the Flying Wave fans there is always Taz Tornado, a fun swing ride. :D