VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2009 Opening Day April 4th

rcji

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Season wasn't too bad. Get there at opening though, It will be decent for at least a couple of hours before the place fills up. Look around the Fountain, last year Shapiro was not there, but a few of his underlings were (Mark Kane's bosses) They will be the guys in the REALLY nice suit's. :)

Alright thanks. I went the 2nd weekend the park opened last year and every ride was a walk on except KK. That was a great day.

I went Saturday of that weekend as well. At rope drop, less than 10 people ran to KK. It was so empty that they had to wait for riders before they could load the train since even with only 2 trains running, the trains wouldn't have been close to being full. It was great having no waits at all that day.

Overall last season I had minimal waits. I tried to pick days I thought wouldn't be bad. The least crowded days were that day I just mentioned, Saturday April 26th, Coasters After Dark, weekdays in May and early June (usually Monday and Wednesday is when I went), Sunday June 8th, Sunday September 7th, Family Fall Fun Night (least crowded park visit ever), Friday October 10th and 24th and closing day November 2nd.

Moderate crowds were on July 15th (Tuesday), waits got to 20+ minutes in the afternoon

The 2 crowded days were Wednesday April 23rd, Spring Break week and Satuday September 20th (which was a BAFF day).

I'm planning on doing what I did last season, going to the park a lot in April, May and early June and maybe once or twice over summer break and then in September and Friday night Frightfest days, and going to Dorney during the week over the summer break and on Sundays for Haunt (reading past TR's, Frightfest is too crowded on Saturdays and Sundays)

Edited by Yoshi

• 2 weeks later...

I love this time of the year because it gives me something to look forward to. In just a little over a month I can start my season once again. It seems like only yesterday I’d be online trying to figure out whether or not the Chiller would be open and now more then 10 years after it has come and gone I really can’t believe how far the park has come.

I’m sure that many will be heading towards Kingda Ka, El Toro, or Superman but I’m a Batman the Ride kind of guy. Hopefully the weather is somewhat warm for early April.

Does anybody know if the park is having an employee preview night this year?

i have a quick question. Will the season passes be $89.99 at the gate on opening day? i remember freezing on nitro because i decided to stay on 4 times in a row cuz if nobody was in your row waiting, you were allowed to stay on.. but i liked it cold cuz most of the time its hot, so its a nice change, also it being the beginning of the season, its not busy as it is in october when its cool

i have a quick question. Will the season passes be $89.99 at the gate on opening day?

It should be. I just checked the web site and it still says $89.99 for season passes. That price should be the same at the gate unless that is a sale price and it ends on a certain day which I don't think it is.

Usually everything in the park is in tip top shape and cleaner at the start of the season, the busy summer season is hard on stuff in the park and by the fall there are more break downs, dirter than it was, and other problems. This kind of thing happens with most of the local parks because summer crowds are a mess. Last year on my first trip to GAdv the high was 40 and I could only ride Nitro once because it was so cold and Nitro is the coldest coaster to ride on a cold day I think. KK was closed down because of the cold temps and I had a hard time riding El Toro a second time. I hope it will be more mild this year because I am tired of being cold. Nothing is worse than going to the park only to find most of the rides closed due to the weather.

Edited by The Master

yea there is nothing worse than going to a park and the rides being closed due to weather, especially if its just cold, i say if the ride operates safely in low temps, than people brave enough to ride it should be allowed to.

I remember last year on the 2nd Saturday the park was open it was unseasonably warm, I think it was around 80 which was nice except it rained a little bit but then it was sunny out and they still had the coasters closed, something about lightning a mile away from the park. I was in Nitro's station when it closed down for around 15 minutes and people were not happy because people saw it as the ride being closed with nice weather.

I heard comments like, "now that they have our money they don't care about the rides being open"