VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

A Great Adventure on a Bizarro ride

GAcoaster

will the ride be open when the park opens for the day? or will the time be pushed back like medusa was? im pretty sure it will be open but i want to make sure before i go running back there and it not be open.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am so mad i missed the opening. I forgot the exact date!! i knew it was may 20 something. i actually thought it was going to be on sunday or monday. oh well. i'm going friday and sunday so i'll get my ride. i wonder if i should go on that 1st instead of kingda ka??

i am so mad i missed the opening. I forgot the exact date!! i knew it was may 20 something. i actually thought it was going to be on sunday or monday. oh well. i'm going friday and sunday so i'll get my ride. i wonder if i should go on that 1st instead of kingda ka??

kingda ka will be down for the next couple weeks

Those shots are great =)

I actually preffer Bizarro to Medusa. I can't wait to ride it again on Saturday...and night! =)

-Dainan "35 Bizarro rides and counting" Rafferty

I rode for my first time as Bizarro yesterday. While I did miss the coaster itself, I wasn't particularly blown away by the new stuff. Here's my constructive criticism... feel free to agree or disagree.

• One of the problems was that one of my speakers didn't work (second row, second seat from right). This made the audio effects quiet and unintelligible, and it also limited it to mono. (I'm sure they have various stereo effects to show off the sound system, but I couldn't hear it with only one speaker.)
  • From what I did hear, the audio just seems like a lot of screaming and dialogue. I think a cool soundtrack interspersed with a little bit of dialogue (like on X2) might have been more effective. I thought for sure they'd play the Superman theme, have it suddenly become "interrupted" by static and distortion, and then become the Bizarro theme instead. (Although, I guess they already did something like that on the Dark Knight... but interrupting regularly scheduled broadcasts seems like that's what villains do best.)
  • The rest of it was kind of interesting. The auger was pretty neat, and I like how it looked like it was spinning based on the way you roll over top of it. I'm sure all the new elements will be much more impressive at night than at 2 PM when I rode it.
So, my biggest thought is just the audio. (I can't help it though -- I've got a background in audio engineering.) From what I understand, X2's soundtrack has had multiple versions... so maybe they'll eventually do the same with Bizarro too and include some cool tunes.

I have ridden Bizarro many times (B-Roll Shoot) and it seems the the Audio is a "little" behind to me. I think we are supposed to hear "Were Going In!!!" right when you start going down the First Drop. When I rode it, it seemed a little early. It said it when you were still going up the Lift, not starting to go down. I think the Audio adds ALOT to the Ride, usually Lift Hill's are pretty boring, with Bizarro at least you have a "Story" to listen to. I would however like it better if said "Were Going In!!!" when you crest the Lift, then have the Music kick in during the Drop. Now it's the Music, then "Were Going In" Just my Opinion though. I just want a copy of the Music from the "Brake Run" It is still stuck in my Head.

Here's the update to my last review: I went back to take a spin on Bizarro at night to see if I felt any different about it. My first ride was extremely disappointing because BOTH speakers around me were non-working! In fact, the sound didn't play for anyone until the very end during the "Bi-zar-ro!" song (even then, my speakers still didn't work). Maybe it'll take a little time to work out the bugs.

I hopped right back on line and rode it again, this time with fully working sound. I'd have to say that the experience was just okay for me. I love the coaster itself, and I like some of the elements like the shield tunnel, flames, and auger of doom. I don't remember seeing any explanation anywhere about the auger, so even though it was cool looking, I wasn't quite sure what it was doing out there. The building facades just seemed a little too much like cardboard cutouts randomly placed along the track.

Most of all, I stick with my original review -- the audio track isn't really effective as plain dialogue since you really can't understand what is being said over the rumble of the ride and screaming of the riders. To their credit, what I did hear does sound like something out of a comic book: "Arrrrgh!!! Aiieee!!!" I still think that pumping some creatively selected and mixed music (with occasional dialogue) would deliver the most serious thrills.

That's my 2 cents... I'd be interested to see who agrees or disagrees, so feel free to discuss.

I really LOVE your pics, Tom. Very private shooting location there B) . Your favs are my favs as well, plus a few more. Nice Job, and good talking with you again at Media Day ;) !!!

I like the idea of adding effects. I think the "cardboard cutouts", however are very cheezy and I still think the whole theme is silly and inapropriate. They could have added music, flames, smoke, and buildings while keeping to the western theme of the area. If they wanted to re-theme a coaster for Superman's nemisis, why not Scream Machine, it's right next to Superman and could use some theming.

Yeah, I was actually saying the same thing on my last visit...

If I had to guess, the park doesn't want to invest large sums of money on the Great American Scream Machine because its time left in the park is probably limited.

According to some reports, the audio track of Bizarro now has random movie quotes added to it. NOT A JOKE.

It is fairly easy for the park to use multiple recordings and could even vary the soundtrack from train to train. That is what Disney does with Rock N' Roller Coaster.

If I had to guess, the park doesn't want to invest large sums of money on the Great American Scream Machine because its time left in the park is probably limited.

I thought the same thing -- Shockwave at SF Great America is already gone, so who knows how long the Scream Machine will be around. (Although, I hope it's not going anywhere anytime soon. I still enjoy it.) I would have actually liked to see Superman rethemed as Bizarro -- from a logistical standpoint, it would have made more sense if Bizarro "took over" Superman like it did in SF New England. Superman isn't really heavy on theming to begin with, so it might have been a cool change of pace... plus, it would have been cool to "fly" through Bizarro's twisted world.

I thought the same thing -- Shockwave at SF Great America is already gone, so who knows how long the Scream Machine will be around. (Although, I hope it's not going anywhere anytime soon. I still enjoy it.) I would have actually liked to see Superman rethemed as Bizarro -- from a logistical standpoint, it would have made more sense if Bizarro "took over" Superman like it did in SF New England. Superman isn't really heavy on theming to begin with, so it might have been a cool change of pace... plus, it would have been cool to "fly" through Bizarro's twisted world.

As a parking lot ride, Superman is a coaster that can be added almost anywhere there is a flat piece of ground. I still think Superman will soon be removed and rotated to another Six Flags park as a new attraction there for 2010 or 2011. Unfortunately, I can imagine a shortened Boardwalk section ending at the Parachute ride, or even worse, at Twister. :(

Even though it is a very popular ride? It seems to be at least one of the 4 most popular rides in the park and almost always has a line. I hope Superman stays for a long time. It isn't the greatest ride but it is so different than anything else around.

In the past many rides were rotated out even though they were very popular - Shockwave, Ultra Twister, etc.

Six Flags has said that the days of buying new multi-million dollar coasters (like all B&M's) are over. The only way the other parks will ever see this type of attraction is to import one from another park.

Hopefully we will also be on the receiving side.