VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Spotlight Requests

Thrill-Pics

• 2 weeks later...

So many new rides, removals and events (both within and relating to the park) since prior updates. We really are lucky to have such an awesome site/community to keep a record of it all!

Edited by Tbone112499

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Coaster Justin said:

Again, I apologize

No need to apologize! We would love to find more material and do those :) 

No one finds those planned but never built spotlights more interesting than we do. Always fascinating to see what could have been and think about how that might have changed the park. Every time I look at the spotlight for the update entrance plaza it boggles my mind how that would have changed the park! 

You never know when someone will send us something that suddenly makes that happen...

• Like 2

On 2/10/2020 at 7:18 AM, GAcoaster said:

The challenge with all of those is not having enough material to really flesh it out properly. Often we just have one or two renderings and not much more as jumping off points. 

I always thought you guys actually interviewed the GM/President at the time to help you with those. Respect

Nope-- most of what we have is research through press releases, industry articles, and luck. It's always a lot of fun finding new pictures/renderings/information when we do research. Sometimes it's just something in the background of a picture starts a whole chase of new information. We discovered a couple of things over the years which were never in maps or brochures that way. 

• Like 1

And while we may not do formal interviews with GM’s for our content, we do rely on information compiled from input and Q&A with many Park veterans including longtime employees and members of the current park staff.  The park has been an invaluable resource for us and we are very grateful.

• Like 2

With proper animation, You guys could write a book on Fake Planned attractions.

"A 1000ft Tall Indoor Looping Coaster was planned for 2005, But sadly the budget went toward Golden Kingdom and Kingda Ka"

"A Wooden coaster was planned in 1977 called Spiderman Wooden Coaster, but was cancelled and the attraction was scaled down and sent to Kings Island as Beast"

I'm not insulting you guys, I'm saying you guys are brilliant writers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/9/2021 at 10:54 PM, Coaster Justin said:

I hate to sound like a broken record but,

Can we get another Spotlight? It's been almost 2 months

Cough cough Zumanjaro cough cough

• Like 1