VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Spotlight Requests

Thrill-Pics

• 4 weeks later...

This request might be a little strange, but I would really love to see a spotlight on the Boneyard. I am always wondering about it, as I've seen it mentioned in several ride spotlights. I've only seen one or two arial photos of it, and it would be really cool to see some from the ground. Obtaining such photos would be a challenge though I think, as it's not an area open to the public. :tongue_smilie:

So I had a dream last night I was hovering over Nitro and then I ended up in the boneyard. So it made me want to also request some sort of spot light or pictures of the area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are the SPOTLIGHTS focused on physical locations and items like rides and buildings etc? Or can they include People- (individuals or groups)? or perhaps a concept---like The Changing Map of the Property. I have often wondered what force made the decisions that controlled the placement of "THINGS" within the Park? Why was a ride here and a hot dog cart there The anchors at certain places made sense to me, but the hundreds of other things that seemed to be scattered at will, yet took planning and resources did require decisions to be made. I would like to know more about how that was done.

And since we have shared the info here, apparently often those decisons were changed over the years and places were redesigned and relocated, sometimes more than once.

Edited by mayor al

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to this spotlight. It was during the 2004/2005 offseason that I became a coaster enthusiast and Kingda Ka was the first coaster that I followed the construction of with all the online updates.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had an idea watching the Otter show today for a Spotlight or two. Why not one on the remaining dolphins we had? I know ones name was "Banjo", forget the name of the other one. But the one that died was around 14yrs old i think, that was a long time of entertaining Guest's and definetly worthy of a Spotlight. And you prob have alot of shot's of just those two from their final years in the Park.

^ Thank's. I just did some searching and found some stories when "Cody" died, i remember it being in the local Papers when it happened. I always remember the name "Banjo" and "Rip" something (Riptide??) as names for Dolphins that were in the park one time or another. I may be mixing up some of our Sealion's name's with Dolphin names too. With 4 decades of coming to the Park it can get a little "blurry" sometimes with the timeframes and names. But for creatures as smart as they are, that entertained so many Guest's over the year's i think they earned a "Spotlight". Or at least incorporate it as part of the coming "Dolphin Show" Spotlight.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the Spotlight requests. One of the best highlights of the entire web page. Any chance a spotlight on the construction of Fun Fair might be doable? Thanks in advance.

If only we could! That is a Spotlight I would love for us to do too but unfortunately we don't have any construction photos of this area. Fun Fair is a strange thing. It is the one area of the park that seems to have the least number of photos taken of it. I have a theory - guests were too busy riding all the rides packed into this area to even bother taking out their cameras for pictures. The vast majority of early photos of the park seem to have been taken at the Safari, Aqua Stadium, and Great Arena. All of these were areas where guests could actually sit for an extended period of time and catch their breath (and take photos).

If anyone has photos of Fun Fair we would love to see them.

• 5 months later...