VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2015 Speculation at SFGA

GAcoaster

I hope they turn on the AC in the staircase leading up to the Batman station. I was in there one time on a warm but not hot day and it felt like a sauna!! Hopefully if that's all we get, they can focus on better security and management for a larger expansion in the future. I can go a season or two with no or few new rides if it means a better park experience.

I just got an email that says stay tuned for a big announcement on 8/28. Wonder what it is?

From the email:Display images to see great pictures of the park!

On Thursday, August 28, we’re making a big announcement, and we promise it’s going to be amazing. Check for a special newsletter that day with all the exclusive details about what’s ahead. Plus, check our Facebook page early if you want a few clues! We can’t reveal the surprise yet, but we can tell you that it’s going to be no exception to all the great surprises and thrills we’ve brought you over the years. Stay tuned and keep guessing

The info on the newsletter does not surprise me at all. All signs have pointed towards one more year without a coaster, which is not a bad thing at all. Great Adventure could use some more flats, another water ride, a dark ride, and general park improvements above anything else. As for the "big" and "amazing" parts, of course they're going to hype up an announcement. They would never say, "a mediocre, inexpensive attraction that you may experience next year."

^ I would think that if they're calling it an amazing announcement and "no exception to all the surprises and thrills" that it would be something decently thrilling. This isn't the management that tried to compare a wild mouse in a box to El Toro and Ka.

My other thought is if they would do a ride package, sort of like a controlled war on lines filling out the park's remaining needs in one year. Maybe an aqua twist for a water ride, a classic wave swinger and one other ride for family rides, a frisbee for a thrill flat, and a new show or two thrown in as well. Since none of these would require much preparation nor are of a large size that could be why we haven't seen anything yet.

Edited by RC98

I agree. I think there's other words or phrasing they could've used if it was just a 'meh' addition. It has to be something thrilling wether it be for thrill seekers or families or like RC98 said, a large package of multiple attractions.

I think one good way of getting Bizzaro popular again is adding another season pass entrance near Bizzaro like they did a few years ago before they added Kingda Ka. If they are moving the baboons next to the Zumanjaro queue, that opens up a lot of space for a season pass parking lot which they also used to have. I think the only problem with Bizzaro is the location, if it were up at the front of the park it would be very popular. I doubt Six Flags would do it but its just an idea

I think the park should bring back the Season Pass entrance. They should also bring back the season parking line at the parking tix booths. Im so sick of being behind some unorganized out of stater who doesn't have his paper parking tix, or money, or credit card ready at the parking booth. I have had a few instances where it took over 10 min for a car to pay. Some idiots even had their money in the trunk.

^ Hopefully it is. One would be an aqua twist (water, circular water fixture shown), one would be either a spinning flat ride (oval/circle) or possibly something with airtime ("0" as in zero g?). The dragons I have no clue. Either way I'm glad there's finally something from the park in the way of teasers.

I think one good way of getting Bizzaro popular again is adding another season pass entrance near Bizzaro like they did a few years ago before they added Kingda Ka. If they are moving the baboons next to the Zumanjaro queue, that opens up a lot of space for a season pass parking lot which they also used to have. I think the only problem with Bizzaro is the location, if it were up at the front of the park it would be very popular. I doubt Six Flags would do it but its just an idea

bizarro had a full queue today with the line passed the actual first set of switchbacks