VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2015 Speculation at SFGA

GAcoaster

Yeah I don't believe it either. It looks like their imaginations just went wild with ideas for future coasters (not that I mind that, it just doesn't make it true). Either that or their list was made in the early 2000s ;)

I honestly think a big(ish) new coaster will be coming next year, almost definetely in Old Country or Rolling Thunder(Space is pretty small though)

Heres why:

-There is plenty of new coaster space, space that is literally screaming "Give me a roller coaster now"

-Attendance is obviously dropping, and even though we are still the second most visited Six Flags park (SFMM is first), it won't be that way for long if our game isn't stepped up.

-Green Lantern was our last addition and even though its big, lets be honest its not good.

-SFGA makes Six Flags lots of mula compared to other parks, and Six Flags needs to keep it that way and to keep it that way a coaster needs to come our way.

-For Great Adventure 3 years without a coaster is 3 years too many.

Honestly yes lots of work needs to be done around the park. I honestly think the park needs a rehaul, from the broken down pathways to ugly unpainted buildings to the parking lot. It needs work. But redoing the park for little attendance is just idiotic. Now onto why I think this new coaster will be a wingrider..

-SFGAm and us are very alike and it just makes sense to keep the trend because it means success for both of us.

-We have the space for it.

-We are the B&M capital of the world, let's keep it that way.

-It'll attract a huge amount of success for the park.

-It'll without a doubt please the fans.

Now for those of you who are saying an Intamin Mega-Lite will be put in Rolling Thunders spot, keep dreaming, because nononononoonononononono. Six Flags doesn't do Intamin Mega that often, Ride of Steels yes, and that was a quick lived trend. Intamin Megas aren't Six Flags specialty let alone Mega-Lites. It's just not happening, at all. ESPECIALLY next to El Toro, that's just insanity, the park traffic is going to be absolutely gut wrenching to that area.

Whatever it is should go in Old Country/Chiller's spot. We have not had much in the way of new rides in that side recently. Maybe the new coaster would also be part of an upgrade to Movietown. Either retheme it as Gotham City (since everything there is Batman themed), and theme the new coaster (hopefully a wingrider) after the newest Batman Movie. Yes, it's another superhero theme, but a well placed one. Old Country doesn't need to exist as a whole and some should be demolished to make way for the new coaster and the rest incorporated into new movietown. An RMC would be too much like El Toro and I don't think our park needs another record breaking wood coaster. Like was said earlier, a wingrider is probably going to be a B&M, and would bring our count to 6. It is also usually a high capacity which a wood coaster usually isn't. El Toro has a pretty good capacity for a wood coaster, but it has 36 rider trains. Most RMC's are only 28 people per train and 2 trains.

• Like 1

^ I agree with the idea of using the Old Country area and the idea of turning Movietown into Gotham City (it basically already is). However my dream is to see a compact multi-launcher in the Chiller spot and the empty Old Country area. Something like Maverick but with higher capacity would be amazing.

Edited by RC98
  • Like 1

Now that its July, If a new major roller coaster is coming we should start seeing survey markings, ribbons for tree removal and what not. Next time I visit the park i'm going to keep my eye out. I love speculation but I wish some kind of information would leak already lol

Would love to see something in Old Country or expand Movietown into the closed section of Old Country. They don't need to touch the old Rolling Thunder spot as between KK, Toro and now the path to Zumanjaro they can't fit all that much over there. Why would they when they have a nice amount of space near Movie Town/Old Country for a new coaster?

Presonally I would love an

- Intamin giga or even megalite (not likely)

- RMC Woodie (more likely, but something small and compact like SFGAm's Goliath)

but I think we'll most likely get a

- B&M Wingrider. This is the most visually "WOW"ing coaster in the general publics eyes. The park loves B&M and they are solid, reliable coasters. It could potentially be installed in OC/MT and have sections that hang over the parks entrance similar to Gatekeeper, since thats kind of close by that area. SFGAdv obviously loves to put their big coasters near the parking lot where you can see them so I could see something like that happening. Also, though its more of an enthusiast concern, as mentioned we could claim the B&M capital of the world title.

- or a simple, smaller GCI woodie like Goldstriker that is forceful and fun but not as intense as El Toro. We need a smaller woodie for folks that are turned off by Toro's height/speed/intensity.

Edited by boldikus

Well if it's in Old Country we wouldn't be able to see the markings, and Six Flags rarely gives hints before the announcement. However sites like Screamscape usually have some rumor by now but they don't this year, that surprises me more than anything else.

There seems to be rumors of Bizarro leaving every year. In all honesty, i don't see it going anywhere anytime soon.

Honestly its a great ride in a bad spot, possibly my favorite coaster. The feeling it gives you is great, I just miss the effects of course. But it really isn't bad, and if it was where superman is I bet it'd be as popular as Superman if not more, so I hope it doesn't get removed.

Just remember that unless something drastically changes, the ride and coaster count probably will not change from season to season. Expect that if next year a new coaster is coming that one is probably going as well.

Well there are only so many coasters that are "getting too old to maintain" to get rid of.

Bizarro's removal has been rumored for quite awhile, and fortunateky it has never happened. GAcoaster, just curious, were you speaking about the coaster count in general, or specific to something you may or may not have heard about Bizarro leaving?

I doubt that a major new coaster is coming in 2015 though. I think we would have heard something more at this point, and it seems that all SF coaster projects are booked for next year.

It's more a matter of popularity and maintaining staffing and cost of maintenance. The cost of labor and maintenance is higher at Great Adventure than just about any park (besides Walt Disney World), so unless there is some huge increase in attendance or profits out of the blue, there will be no real increase in attraction count.

Now, they could make other cuts that would save budget for staff and maintenance, but when they have coasters that would be HUGE new additions for another smaller market park but are just "middle of the road" coasters at GA, it makes sense to move them and also defrays the cost of building something new.

I'm speaking hypothetically with this, but all you have to do is look at the record for the past few seasons since SF came out of bankruptcy and see the same thing, lose a ride or attraction to free up the money for staffing and maintenance of a new one. Basically a one for one swap each time.

Just remember that unless something drastically changes, the ride and coaster count probably will not change from season to season. Expect that if next year a new coaster is coming that one is probably going as well.

why would they get rid of a rollercoaster to put a new rollercoaster when they have all that space now?

And why why would great adventure get rid of bizarro when its one of their top rides at the park.

Edited by jdc12192

And why why would great adventure get rid of bizarro when its one of their top rides at the park.

Although it is a great ride, it's no secret that Bizarro's attendance is lacking, a lot. When Bizarro "re"-opened in 09 it was a hit for I'd say two years. Then after that attendance dropped on it severely, and things have been removed such as audio and mist and I think fire now? which makes these rumors surface. It's a great coaster, but not a great attendance bringer. Now the thing is that it would be a horrible move to remove Bizarro for a new coaster because not for anything, Bizarro's spot is awful as it is. So even though it seems like its going I don't see it going.

And here's an optimistic view.... maybe the new coaster (hopefully) for next year is so just big, so amazing, so new, that Six Flags is keeping their mouth shut out of suspense. And also not for anything Zumanjaro the "new" ride just opened so announcing something new for next year when this year's new just opened is just kind of odd, so that could be another reason for waiting if (again hopefully) there is to be a new coaster.

Each time I went this year neither the fire nor the mist was working. The ride never has a line and I think that there are a few reasons why. As said,it is in bad spot, I mean, there is literally nothing around it, and there is no room in that area to put another attraction since the place for concerts is right next to it. Now really though, why keep a ride open that nobody rides? You are paying employees to work on a ride that can barely even fill a train. Take it out and build a new and more thrilling coaster. Now I like Bizarro and I would hate to see it go but getting rid of it is a logical thing to do.