VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2015 Speculation at SFGA

GAcoaster

and when he said "expect a change in the front of the park" i hope that doesnt mean Superman is leaving.

I hope not, but I doubt that will be happening. I always think of rides that could leave, and sometimes Batman and Superman are rides I think are possible. This applies mostly to Batman, but I always say, they wouldn't get rid of it, it doesn't take up that much room, so what else could they put there. I guess maybe if they got rid of Superman, a ride like Pandemonium, since it doesn't take up that much room. I also question what he means when he said that it would change the view when you enter the park. Is this when you are walking towards (like seeing GL and Superman) or walking into the entrance by the fountain.

OK, so, rumor is. Great Lake Grandstand and Fort Independence (dolphin/sea lion show arena) will be torn down, and a coaster going OVER the water (and under in tunnels as well) will be placed on the lake. They want people to walk in and see a HUGE ride right off the bat. Hope I don't get fired for that, but it IS a rumor... that I heard... from the full timers... ;)

Oh wow, I said something like that didn't I. :Brows: Oh look here it is haha :Spikey:

You know, I think it would be cool if they made a coaster on the lake where they had the fireworks, and I mean the entire coaster on the lake. although that's impossible, just a dream wish that would never happen.

I know I shouldn't be getting my hopes up though, cause obviously its a long time away, but that would he awesome. I know this is too much for you to say so ill say it to myself, I wonder what kind of coaster? Giga? That would be cool.

I don't know why but I feel like giga would be the KNLY type of coaster that they would be able to make go under ground, I don't know ow by I think that, cause I'm sure any kind can, if it isn't a giga, i would go for a wing rider. But I would love to see us get a ride like maverick at cedar point, since that was my favorite ride there.

Once again, some very good ideas for future plans for Great Adventure, with some real thought for something other than making it through the next season. Unfortunately, I've reached the point that I DO NOT believe their is ANY planning actually done at the park level or anything close to marketing planning, strategic planning, sales planning, or creative planning in terms of departments with real influence.

I think the closest they come to any type of planning is trying to figure out what "one" ride is most likely to generate increased attendance next season (forget about anything beyond that), regardless of what damage is done aesthetically to the park or whether or not the new ride has anything to do with theme or continuity). Rather than any kind of planning, it all appears to be about making it through "one more season. "

and when he said "expect a change in the front of the park" i hope that doesnt mean Superman is leaving.

They wouldn't remove one of their most popular coasters.

Well, whatever the new ride is in 2015, I sure think it has to be a roller coaster. If it isn't, well then that is some pretty awful planning.

There is a five-ten year plan for the park. There are many areas that could be improved before any major coasters are added. (Examples: more flats, more water rides). I would not say that a new addition besides a coaster is awful planning. Great Adventure already has 5 B&M's and 2 giant Intamin creations, which is a very solid lineup.

May I also stress that just because someone "works" there, that doesn't warrant something as a valid claim. I've heard plenty of employees state things that have been sometimes straight up retarded. Some of them even full timers. I don't believe for one second there will be a coaster over the lake entirely, but hey, you never know. I would suspect a compact coaster in Chiller's spot could be next, before we see anything done with Rolling Thunder's plot.

This just came to my mind and nit sure if it a good idea, but what if they were to build a new coaster where rolling thunder was and name it with a Spanish name just like El Toro? I think it seems like it would be good to place another there since that section is themed that way, so why not have 2 coasters with Spanish names? Maybe something like El Camino or Monstruo. The names are just things that just was quickly done, just an idea.

• 5 months later...