VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2015 Speculation at SFGA

GAcoaster

Most people here are blaming location for the low ridership. Wouldn't a new coaster in that location have the same effect? Yes i get people would flock to a 'new' ride but as Nitr0o stated, when Bizarro was 'new' people flocked to it and then ridership declined. Who's to say a new coaster would be popular for the opening and then decline also?

I honestly don't get the rumors about Bizarro being removed, don't they come up every year?

Now the thing is that it would be a horrible move to remove Bizarro for a new coaster because not for anything, Bizarro's spot is awful as it is. So even though it seems like its going I don't see it going.

This is exactly what I agree with. As long as someone's riding it (I know I will at least) and it's not burning a hole in the maintenance budget, there's no reason to get rid of it. It's certainly not occupying prime real estate in the park. Edited by RC98

Mid-July and nothing has come down the rumour mill? Only one this year was the RMC out by the lake but that seems to have (thankfully) died. I was really hoping for a new coaster next year, but not an RMC. Inverted woodies are such a gimmick.

GA Coaster has a great point, from a business perspective they have to watch their spending. If Bizarro was on the 'chopping block' I could see it being honestly for a Wing Rider; a large one similar to Gatekeeper (size wise) in Old country going around or close to the park entrance. We would loose a coaster but get one that offers a new, but similar experience that the gp will love and stampede to that's in a great location. Then, Bizarro could be another parks big new attraction while Gadv maintains their B&M record. Just something that could be a possibility. Then build a Giga going out into the old baboon area in Bizarro's old spot(j/k I could only wish).

If a new coaster was put in bizarros place, the entrance for the ride could be closer to the arena instead of all the way in the back. I think the only time i waited in line for it was when it was reopened. I almost always get right on. I like it because it was the first of it's kind.

• Like 1

If a new coaster was put in bizarros place, the entrance for the ride could be closer to the arena instead of all the way in the back. I think the only time i waited in line for it was when it was reopened. I almost always get right on. I like it because it was the first of it's kind.

It's funny when I went last Monday I was surprised to see that Bizarro had a full line! All through the cattle shoots and almost out of the que line! It was crazy to see! I was kind of proud of Bizarro tho lol

It's funny when I went last Monday I was surprised to see that Bizarro had a full line! All through the cattle shoots and almost out of the que line! It was crazy to see! I was kind of proud of Bizarro tho lol

Today Bizarro as usual had an mostly empty station, while rides like El Toro, Superman, Kingda Ka and other rides had lines over an hour long.

all this talk about bizarro leaving does not make sense because why would the park get rid of one of their best coasters? I cant see the ride leaving and if it does the management team is pretty stupid.

The ride is also built by B&M which means low maintenance costs.

Edited by sixflagsdude101

I think a dark ride may be in the works. Screamscape reported the scooby doo dark ride at six lags st Louis is closing, leading to speculation that it's going to be replaced by a copy of the justice league dark ride Sally corp built for warner brothers studios Australia. Considering the last few seasons the park has been filling holes in the ride lineup, a dark ride could be an addition. Plus, the closed off portion of movie town would be a perfect site for one, and since the areas closed off it explains why we haven't seen any construction markings. Plus, when six flags usually unveils a new type of ride, they usually unveil it in more than one park, so my money goes on either a copy if the justice league ride or a new ride system using the scooby doo theming from St. Louis.

all this talk about bizarro leaving does not make sense because why would the park get rid of one of their best coasters?

That is an opinion though. I love Bizarro but face it, if it was one of their best coasters it would have get long lines like El Toro, Nitro, and other big rides. Not saying nobody likes it, but it is clear that it is one of their more unpopular coasters.

That is an opinion though. I love Bizarro but face it, if it was one of their best coasters it would have get long lines like El Toro, Nitro, and other big rides. Not saying nobody likes it, but it is clear that it is one of their more unpopular coasters.

but i dont understand why everyone suddenly hates bizarro when not to long ago we did a poll on the best looping coaster in the park and who won that? BIZARRO.

Today Bizarro as usual had an mostly empty station, while rides like El Toro, Superman, Kingda Ka and other rides had lines over an hour long.

Full queues and lines longer than an hour on weekdays? It sounds like crowds have really picked up lately maybe because of Zumanjaro. I haven't been to the park in over a month and earlier in the season it was nothing like that and even on a Friday in June, there were hardly any lines.

It does not make any sense to get rid of Bizarro, it is one of the coolest rides to ride after dark with all of the neat special effects. Bizarro is one of the most underrated attractions at SFGA. The only thing I hope for 2015 at SFGA is a new coaster in the Chiller area (behind Dark Knight). We will find out August 28th. For those of you that are ACE or even non-ACE members, next year's Coaster Con will be held right at Great Adventure. ACE is always looking to expand and we would love to have many of you at ACE's premiere event.

Full queues and lines longer than an hour on weekdays? It sounds like crowds have really picked up lately maybe because of Zumanjaro. I haven't been to the park in over a month and earlier in the season it was nothing like that and even on a Friday in June, there were hardly any lines.

The parking lot really didn't look that busy when we were leaving though. El Toro was going into the 2nd switchbacks, so it was probably closer to around 40 minutes, and Kingda Ka obviously is gonna have a long line because of Zumanjaro slowing down the amounts of dispatch. And IO saw the line for Superman and looked really long. SORA had about a 30 minute line when I got on and and looked like at least an hour when I got off. But no line for Bizarro.

Instead of a new coaster, I would really love to see a dark ride added into the old simulator building while relocating the go karts or Dare Devil's Dive, or behind The Dark Knight at chillers old station. It looks like SFOT and SFSTL are getting some type of new indoor attractions so it could be very possible one is in store for us. Its strange we haven't seen any board meetings scheduled yet. We'll know for sure in just a little over a month!

I don'T see the need to remove Bizarro. It is unpopular mostly due to its location, and a wing rider would suffer a similar fate a few years after the newness wears off. Instead of removing it, the park should build up around the coaster with some flats, maybe a coaster and a refurbishment of FA.

I don'T see the need to remove Bizarro. It is unpopular mostly due to its location, and a wing rider would suffer a similar fate a few years after the newness wears off. Instead of removing it, the park should build up around the coaster with some flats, maybe a coaster and a refurbishment of FA.

that is what i am saying. instead of getting rid a perfectly good coaster, build around it to make that back of the park more popular because 1. it is a dead end and 2. there is only one ride back there

But, that's probably not going to happen. Once again, it's not a case of "if it was more popular..." it's a case of ride count, age and marketability. IF (and it's still just an if) they remove Medusa/Bizarro it would be to relocate it to another park and it would be most likely because another, newer, bigger, gimmicky-er coaster was coming (a launched wing rider, an iron horse, etc).

I was on the sallycorp website n then I went on YouTube to watch a lot of their rides and it really made me realize how many SF, Cedair Fair, and international parks have dark rides by them. I really would love to see some sort of dark ride for next year. It's been so long now that we've been without our simulator so I agree that now would be a great time to start focusing on themed family rides rather than record breaking thrills.

You know, I think it would be cool if they made a coaster on the lake where they had the fireworks, and I mean the entire coaster on the lake. although that's impossible, just a dream wish that would never happen.

Ninja at SFOG is on the water but it doesn't seem like it.

Instead of record breaking rides, maybe some unique rides. When I went to coney island, the steeplechase coaster you sit on "horses" hunched over like you're racing, and the restraints go on your lower back. It's small and compact but really fun. Also, the soarin eagle, you lay down! I went because they're unique. Medusa was unique because it was a "first of it's kind" and now it's not. Even though it's still a good ride. It seems to me that parks with limited space are investing in high thrill compact coasters. Except we're not limited on space.

Instead of record breaking rides, maybe some unique rides. When I went to coney island, the steeplechase coaster you sit on "horses" hunched over like you're racing, and the restraints go on your lower back. It's small and compact but really fun. Also, the soarin eagle, you lay down! I went because they're unique. Medusa was unique because it was a "first of it's kind" and now it's not. Even though it's still a good ride. It seems to me that parks with limited space are investing in high thrill compact coasters. Except we're not limited on space.

Exactly so why should a park that has no limited space keep removing their good coasters?

Exactly so why should a park that has no limited space keep removing their good coasters?

The coasters they have gotten rid of (like rolling thunder, gasm, the chiller), they didn't just get rid of them for no reason. Rolling Thunder had high maintence costs, gasm was very rough, and the chiller was down more than it was operating.