VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2015 Speculation at SFGA

GAcoaster

MF would only be able to run 2 trains if it wasn't for the fact that it has a separate loading and unloading platform. If we get one (which probably won't happen), I would like it to have an mid course brake run so it could run 3 trains like Nitro does. I am vehemently opposed to separate loading and unloading platforms because it means that re rides are never an option. The Platinum Flash Pass double rides wouldn't work either.

MF would only be able to run 2 trains if it wasn't for the fact that it has a separate loading and unloading platform. If we get one (which probably won't happen), I would like it to have an mid course brake run so it could run 3 trains like Nitro does. I am vehemently opposed to separate loading and unloading platforms because it means that re rides are never an option. The Platinum Flash Pass double rides wouldn't work either.

Personally I'd rather have a better ride experience and faster loading than the slight possibility of re-rides on the rare day with walk ons. How often would you be able to get rerides on MF? Weekdays in May is probably the only time with even the possibility. Also, I would have no problem doing away with the reride option of platinum FP anyway.

I would be fine with it if they had the capability to unload at the loading station too and could do that early in the day, on less crowded days, or during ERT events. I heard that Cedar Point, as well as other Cedar Fair parks don't allow any rerides, even during ERT events, so it doesn't matter at Cedar Point to have separate loading and unloading. Of course, a ride like MF would be immensely popular, so it could just be a policy that there are no consecutive rides on it with the Platinum Flash Pass.

Edited by Nitro#1

I like how they organize the crowds in the station to reduce/eliminate empty seats. It makes me so mad when i'm in a long line and i see like 5 empty seats!

• 2 weeks later...

They get so preoccupied with new rides and the "next big thing" that they aren't concerned with fixing what they have. I think Zumanjaro can give us one season of no big attraction added. Maybe add a few flats, re-open old country, and fix how the park is run.

^ Exactly, I was thinking next year would be a good year to have another year like 2012 adding a flat package, maybe one of those aqua twist rides that has gone to other Six Flags parks, a classic wave swinger, and a frisbee would be good.

I agree a flats package. Fillling in spots that are sitting empty. And using what weve got. I read on another site that Jacksons Planning Board is starting to look into the parks tree removal. Someting tells me thier going to hold then to the originals master plan to get undercontrol.

I hope not the trees within the park! Thats what makes Great Adventure so unique! I love going to the back of the park around the lake and enjoying the nice scenery and eating on the back porch of Best of the West. I just thought how you can tell which park of the park is original because of the amount of trees. Look at dream street compared to the boardwalk.

No according to what Ive read its the removal of trees. A long time ago some agreement was made about keeping as much of the natural growth as possable. A inpact study was done with EPA in New Jersey and some local groups. Only removing what was need to install a ride or attraction. And I guess someone shoot off a red flag some were and now its being looked at more closely. Which is a good thing if it true. Example the complete remove of trees around nitro. That area was thick with mature trees some over a hundred years old. A very old oak tree was removed for the Glow in Dark parade a few years back. And that lasted one seasaon. The parade left but the tree cant be replaced. The trees not only help keep the park comfortable in NJs exterme heat then also acted as air purifires. I could go on put dont want to be called a tree hugger.

Edited by FlumeOp1974

My personal feelings is that we will see some new flats. But nothng major. RMC is busy with a lot of other projects. And will be building overseas this year. I think we will see a ot of rehab to older buildings much like this years rehab on Yum Yum. And Im hoping inproved landscaping around the park. And a few new shows. lol on that.

I was just looking up some info about the park and stumbled on this

http://rollercoaster.wikia.com/wiki/Six_Flags_Great_Adventure

Just scroll down to the part about future coasters. I don't think it can really be taken seriously but there are exact dates when the rides would open, their types, and their names.

Kinda interesting, not sure if I believe it though

• Like 1

^ I'm not entirely sure what that is about/where they came up with such a list, but don't believe a single word about the future roller coasters. Two $25 million B&M's in 2015? That would be a death wish for Six Flags. But some of the names are funny predictions :)

Edited by Password121