VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2015 Speculation at SFGA

GAcoaster

I hope it's not an impulse coaster. The most frustrating thing for me is waiting in a long line then finding out there's only one train running. It drives me crazy! These types of costers only run one train (for the most part) and often have long waits. It would be a nice fit for movitown though. If they don't add an impulse coaster, they should still re-use the chiller station.

When i went on the Wicked Twister at cedar point (same ride as possessed) the line moved quickly because they made sure all the seats were filled. Something that Great Adventure really don't practice. Maybe super long waits will change that.

Filling each seat was the practice at Great Adventure in the late 80's and early 90's. I had a few year gap in going to the park and when I went back in the early 2000's I was surprised that filling all of the seats wasn't the norm anymore.

^ I guess because it takes extra time to find and bring single riders to the train? If so a single rider line would fix that at any ride since they wouldn't have to locate single riders to fill the seats, they'd already be there waiting. For what it's worth they were filling seats at the Log Flume when I was there, asking for groups of 2 towards the front of the line.

Edited by RC98

They would need one more employee per ride but how it works at some other parks is that they have someone directing you where to stand. They ask how many and put people accordingly so each row lines up and fills up. But people are ignorant and sometimes stand where they want. I would imagine that happening at Great Adventure knowing the type of people we get. The cheaper alternative is for a single rider area at the station. Single seats are open and they take from the "pool" of people waiting.

I hope it's not an impulse coaster. The most frustrating thing for me is waiting in a long line then finding out there's only one train running. It drives me crazy! These types of costers only run one train (for the most part) and often have long waits. It would be a nice fit for movitown though. If they don't add an impulse coaster, they should still re-use the chiller station.

Impulse coasters can logicaly have only one train running.

We were talking about those impulse coasters, my post about them running 2 trains was a joke.

The part I was serious about was the Mr. Freeze loading like what's shown at 1:00, 3:40, and 4:50 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN0aCtc_wVA

Couldn't a similar dual loading system work for an impulse?

Edited by RC98

Yeah, i totally forgot about staffing issues. I always thought of a ride like superman but the station is vertical! Imagine a ride like that but launches vertically!! AWESOME!! It would require large staffing though. How about a vertical drop coaster like the Griffon at Busch Gardens! It's high capacity and there's nothing like that up here. I think if we do get a new coaster, it needs to be a high capacity ride.