VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2015 Speculation at SFGA

GAcoaster

and your point is? bizarro has no problems at all. the coasters you named all had problems and name one problem bizarro had. i find it weird that everyone loves bizzarro and after one rumor everyone hops on the band wagon of "lets get rid of bizarro

Like was said before, it comes down to how popular a ride is. Instead of removing it, bring more people to the area. If you have to add a few flats or attractions to the area, that's a lot cheaper than removing it and having to replace it with another coaster. Maybe make the ride entrance closer. Move the wagon and props in the front. That whole area seems to be a product of poor planning. At the time, it was probably a good area to build it, but even when it was new, it had nothing close by to support it. Even the nearest bathroom is a bit of a hike. Where could they build that's close to the ride though?

maybe reconfigure the queue to fit more rides? or maybe add another walkway connecting with plaza del carnaval or golden kingdom, and put a couple flats there? or where the big patch of grass where the wagon is? can a flat fit there? but the smartest thing i would think is to put another good coaster back there. it could start behind runaway mine train, go behind el toro, and use the former rolling thunders land. kinda like the layout to leviathan or gatekeeper?

Edited by sixflagsdude101

I think it would be cool to see some thing like superman ultimate flight in discovery kingdom in the area where chiller was located. With a different name ofcourse but I believe that it would fit in really well in that area with the correct theming and some new flats around that area.

The last thing the FA side of the park needs is a new coaster. Currently, the Movietown section lacks a new coaster to bring in foot traffic, and the other side of the park needs some flats for balance.

Considering they have been planting new foliage in RT's vacant lot, I believe any new major attraction would be slated for the abandoned Movietown area. If we are to get anything huge, land clearing/site prep would need to begin taking place very shortly. Very curious to see if anyone with access to that area has seen any markers or land clearing.

I agree with adding things to movietown. Its an area they should concentrate on, but should they build in that area and lose bizarro? Or build up around bizarro and do something to movietown in the future? Movietown isn't going anywhere but then again, bizarro might not go anywhere either. I think work on staffing and management issues first while repairing parking lot, build up around bizarro to bring more people back there, then once the foundation is in place, build up movietown. I think building flats and attractions around bizarro would be a lot cheaper than building up movietown just because of all the buildings in that area.

Or just build up Movietown and keep Bizarro as it is until the time comes to expand there? IMO that seems most likely. The left side of the park is good right now, Movietown needs to be brought back up to the level of the rest of the park.

Edited by RC98

And besides capacity, except GL, which was over a decade old before relocating here, the park hasn't received a major coaster addition since Toro nearly 10 years ago. Considering the park's stature, I would hope they would do something a little bigger than that. Those rides are perfect for parks like TGE and SFA, though.

The park, IMO, 'needs' a midsize, family woodie to break in the kids too big for the Mine Train but too small for El Toro. So, basically, a replacement for RT.

That being said, being as how this park is a Six Flags property, instead we'll just get another 'world's biggest/fastest/tallest/etc.' something, and families will continue to go elsewhere.

What I wish for. A multiple launch coaster with two launches through chillers existing station. Preferably Mack. A far from likely idea but I like how it fits.

JC339S4l.png

i actually really like this idea!

The park, IMO, 'needs' a midsize, family woodie to break in the kids too big for the Mine Train but too small for El Toro. So, basically, a replacement for RT.

That being said, being as how this park is a Six Flags property, instead we'll just get another 'world's biggest/fastest/tallest/etc.' something, and families will continue to go elsewhere.

they have 4 mid-sized coasters. (is that a record?) we do not need anymore. but i would like to see something like fire chaser express

I've been saying forever now.. Intamin Impulse Coaster! Chiller's station is practically screaming for it!

tumblr_mm7892LItx1rmt3hro1_1280.png

Just look at Possessed in Dorney Park and tell me you cant see this at our park. We need another launch coaster, they have high capacity, they don't take up hardly any space, and they are fun as all hell!

I don't think a ride like Possessed that Wikipedia has the hourly capacity at 950 a hr. will be a good addition to the park. Just speaking of hourly capacitys, I hope the park adds a coaster that does like GASM or Gatekeeper type #''s. (1680 GASM, 1710 GK) type #'s

To compare, Full Throttle only is 800 riders per hour Wikipedia says, but SF still put that in SFMM. I don't think a 950 per hour ride is out of line for a park like us, and I must admit I find Possessed to be quite underrated too.

Who even comes up with these logistics?? 1710 riders and hour? that's pretty much a train every single minute is being dispatched.. I doubt that's enough time to empty a train, reload it, and do safety checks. And at this rate with Zumanjaro's constant breakdowns, and ka being.. Well ka, that 950 riders/hour sounds fine to me.

If they did add an impulse coaster, it would be great if it runs with the holding brake. Possessed does but V2 at SFGAM does not and I hear its not as fun without the brake (I have only ridden Possessed). I also like how depending on where you sit, the ride experience is really different. In the front you go up the twist and it's a little dizzying for me (not enough to stop me from riding though) and in the back, you hardly twist at all.

Possessed was possibly my favorite ride when I visited Dorney and I would love an impulse! But I honestly doubt we will get one, they just aren't the 'trend' anymore. The most logical thing to do is a wingrider but considering its already august and we've seen nothing then I don't see it happening.