VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2015 Speculation at SFGA

GAcoaster

• 3 weeks later...

At one point Gadv was the spoiled park now it's clearly Great America. While were over here losing coasters their adding wing riders and RMC two years later. Is that really necessary? Our flat ride void isn't complete in my opinion and theirs is pretty much perfect. We could use more before a new coaster. This must be how other parks felt during the 2000's when we were flagship.

^Where would you put Magic Mountain, then and now? MM has added multiple coasters in the last few years, so they seem like #2 in the chain in investments right now, and Great Adventure isn't anywhere near, IMO.

Edited by Password121

At one point Gadv was the spoiled park now it's clearly Great America. While were over here losing coasters their adding wing riders and RMC two years later. Is that really necessary? Our flat ride void isn't complete in my opinion and theirs is pretty much perfect. We could use more before a new coaster. This must be how other parks felt during the 2000's when we were flagship.

I wouldn't worry about Great Adventure being slighted. The past few years we have been getting millions of dollars in improvements and more importantly we have been getting what we need.

If it's not a mega coaster or record breaking ride people think we have got nothing. The various park improvements are easily overlooked when nothing crazy was installed. Also looks like the park is bringing in a new restaurant, Ready Fresh Go, a healthy choice for the meal plan and park guests looking for a healthier option..

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see Gadv get a lot more innovative. With RMC releasing crazy looking wooden rides our star player is becoming less and less unique, albeit its still an amazing ride. It'd be great if the park received something unique in the future that gives it the attention Ka and Toro had when they were announced.

Speaking of RMC check this out:

And here's the POV:

It was announced today and I found it on another forum. It's opening in 2016.

If our park could get anything even somewhat resembling this, I would love it!

Edited by RC98

A long RMC in Old County through the woods would be great for that side of the park. RMC coasters, to my knowledge (haven't ridden one) are more about extreme maneuvers and short bursts of extreme ejector airtime. I think that is different enough from El Toro, which is one of few prolonged ejector airtime wooden coasters. Yes, they would both be very intense wooden coasters in one park, but they would not be next to each other and it would revitalize that section. Just a thought, possibly even a dream...

I think the next thing should be a Sally Interactive Dark Ride themed to Justice League for the Movietown area.

That way you go from thrill (Green Lantern) to family/thrill (Skyscreamer, Deja Vu) to family (Safari Off Road) to thrill (Zoomanjaro) so the next thing should be family.

However Movietown needs a revamp- although I don't want more superheroes I'd rather see Movietown remade so it's not a neglected section of the park (as it's been since Chiller was removed). If a superhero ride is the only way to do that then so be it, it's better than having Movietown the way it is now. However that isn't the only way if Six Flags is willing to put effort into it...

If they added more rides to Movietown, I'd like to see non licensed ride names. I really liked how the names of some of the former attractions reminded you of things from movies like Stuntman's Freefall and Movietown Water Effect.

Edited by Yoshi

REally another coaster? Think of how many flats that would buy. Using the pads avilable and how many trees would be spared. Please no more tree removel. Weve almost have a parking lot now.

I think the next rides/ attractions will be on the left side of the park. With Rolling Thunders removal and Zumanjaro's extremely long line area, I think that area will continue to be redeveloped. What new ride? I would have to guess a big wooden coaster because we just lost one and there are no RMC on the east coast.

Edit: 500th post

Edited by Chiller

Guest Moonracker7

I see a wing rider in my eyes called Robin or Nightwing (character markings) because you already have Batman, they could also revamp old country with movie town into the Jokers theme park because authabon is renamed to something dodgems(joker themed), the music express could be named Riddler mindbender(Riddler themed). Bad news is the current dodgems would have to be moved to RT's spot and themed to the west. The white water ride would be themed to penguin(penguin themed) and nitro renamed Catwoman (painted all black).

• 1 month later...

From Screamscape today:

icon_STOP.gif2015 - New Coaster - Rumor - (5/30/14) The early buzz for Six Flags Great Adventure is that the park may tap Rocky Mountain Construction to build another custom crazy creation like Goliath that will soon open at SF Great America, but bigger and meaner. The only clue as to the location is that our sources says that they would like for it to try and dive underground, traveling under 'the lake' at some point. If this is true, then look for this new coaster to go in the back of the park, perhaps near the old water-ski stands, or possibly over where the log ride sits. This also makes sense as the backside of the park could use a new major attraction, as almost every other new addition for the last several years has been placed either up front near the entrance (Superman, Green Lantern, Sky Screamer) or in the nearby north-east corner where we can now find Kingda Ka, Zumanjaro and El Toro. Off the top of my head the only new addition in the last decade to go elsewhere would be The Dark Knight indoor mouse coaster on the dead western side of the park where The Chiller used to be.