VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

^How could I forget! Regardless, Lightning Rod will attract the same type of crowds that every other RMC coaster atracts, plus an additional small percentage of the population that won't ride coasters with inversions but will ride the fastest wooden coaster in the world.

Come to think of it, and I know this is off topic, but the issue some people have with inversions is the feeling of being insecure of in danger. Wouldn't going 73mph and launching uphill on a wooden coaster (which some people also won't ride because they don't think engineers think things through...) seem much more dangerous than going upside down?

Come to think of it, and I know this is off topic, but the issue some people have with inversions is the feeling of being insecure of in danger. Wouldn't going 73mph and launching uphill on a wooden coaster (which some people also won't ride because they don't think engineers think things through...) seem much more dangerous than going upside down?

This would be logical... but nope. :P

I think there's a good portion of people who are more concerned with inversions than height/speed.

This may be a bit off-topic, but does anyone else agree that Great Adventure was way better back from 2001-2011? I mean, it may be just nostalgia as ive been visiting the park since i was 5 (2008)and remember the park as something spectacular. It was so clean and there were nightly fireworks in the summer and the glow in the dark parade! I don't see anything like that anymore! Mr. Six also makes me pretty nostalgic, as I remember everyone would always dance near the Main Street Fountain with him. In 2012, Great Adventure just kinda lost all that funk. I mean now there's a bunch of abandoned buildings (chiller, simulator theater, paintball building, Movietown Arena, etc.). I just wish that the park would look back to their old days, and try to make the park an overall better place for families, teens with their friends, and thrillseekers.

I didn't like the early 2000's. I had a few bad visits followed by such a horrible trip in 2002 that I didn't go to the park at all in 2003 to 2006. From 2007 to 2010 I didn't like the changes made by Red Zone but still thought it was better than the first half of the decade.

My favorite time for the park has been the last few years. There have been additions to the theme park every year and multiple additions to Hurricane Harbor and a good mix of thrill and family rides like Adventure Alley and Zumanjaro. Also the cheaper pass prices, the addition of the dining pass that saves a lot of money for a frequent visitor and above everything else Holiday in the Park being added. I could have never seen Red Zone even consider Holiday in the Park when they used to close for bad weather more than the current management.

• Like 1

Just wanted to throw out there at IAAPA, RMC had TRex Video animations running at their Booth, and a couple of Vid's popped up for them on Youtube. It is the same style animation that was used in the survey for the "Dueler". The Station is exactly the same, but the Track is a little different with how it look's "ribbed" now on the new animations. I know it's prob just a standard animation program, but it's just still another small clue pointing to the dueler being an RMC design. WIth the amount of Track that will be required for the dual circut, it is a job that will be starting soon, if is going to come to be.

Just wanted to throw out there at IAAPA, RMC had TRex Video animations running at their Booth, and a couple of Vid's popped up for them on Youtube. It is the same style animation that was used in the survey for the "Dueler". The Station is exactly the same, but the Track is a little different with how it look's "ribbed" now on the new animations. I know it's prob just a standard animation program, but it's just still another small clue pointing to the dueler being an RMC design. WIth the amount of Track that will be required for the dual circut, it is a job that will be starting soon, if is going to come to be.

Yep, I noticed it looked so similar to the survey animation as well. I definitelyvdoubt the likeness is a coincidence. However, if it were to come to our park, I doubt we will see any work done until May, depending on location (for instance, if Chiller was to be bulldozed, I'd expect some markings a bit earlier).

With the major adddition of TM, and SF's pattern of spreading the wealth, I kind of doubt a new coaster for 2017. I'm hoping the strong financial numbers for SF, and likely a spike in our own attendance, will break the pattern and have corporate spoil use in back-to-back years.

Our Park is definetly in need of, and worthy of, Six Flags spending the money for a new "anchor" attraction to get the Old Country/Movietown pathways open again to help with the crowds. The Lakefront being "re-born" will help this year spreading people out better in the Park, but there will be more people buying Passes also. But i think with our attendance numbers now as strong as they are, those pathways will be back open sooner, than later. Have to see how this coming season pans out up to when descions have to start being made.

Edited by Railer

The key word for me is "solid streets." This is absolutely RMC T-Rex track.

HOWEVER

Before you all think this is Great Adventure's 2017 expansion with no second thoughts, keep in mind two things.

1) Six Flags often uses surveys to plan for other parks or the chain in general. There's no guarantee this is for Great Adventure.

2) Six Flags is a very different company than they were in the Premier days. Gone are the days of two coasters without at least full year between them with a smaller/no addition. If this is for Great Adventure, look for 2018/19.

Other than that, I'd look for a T-Rex coaster in the SF chain by 2018, whether or not it's at Gadv, if the reaction was overwhelmingly positive by the general public to the initial concept.

• Like 1

Here is my RMC 2017-2020 plan for Six Flags! A lot of you may disagree but here it is.

2017- Georgia Cyclone and/or Le Monstre

2018- First T-Rex or Raptor at Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags St. Louis, or Great Escape and/or ROAR at SFA

2019 - ROAR at SFA (if not in 2018) along with another T-Rex

2020- T-Rex at the remaining Six Flags park without an RMC

As for things in the future, I would use RMC's new T-Rex (or Raptor) track and Build a ride themed to Mr. Freeze in Chillers station (wouldn't be reversed blast because I don't know if they would do backwards or shuttle, but the park needs a shuttle coaster)

• 2 weeks later...

One thing i was thinking that with "Total Mayhem" and then if the "dueler" did happen, i would say that we would climb back into the top spot for a Coaster Park again. Not only debuting the T-Rex System, but a dual circut, launched "mobius" version of that Track System would be the most cutting-edge design to come along in years. Our Park sort of started it all with RMC, i'd say even more than the "Texas Giant". Without "El Toro" there would be no "Texas Giant". To debut that System here would be fitting. But with the #'s our Park is pulling, i would not be surprised at all if it does come for 2017 along with a re-opened, and re-imagined Old Country/Movietown. And now especially with how strong Shows have been doing in Showcase, it's just another little thing all pointing to that side of the Park being next. And even with what they are spending this year on "Mayhem" and in the Harbor, they are pouring Money into our Park, and they are getting the returns for it. They will keep this streak going.

^I think you're really, really overestimating RMC's involvement in El Toro. That coaster was designed by Intamin and based off Colossos, another Intamin pre-fab which has been operating since 2001. RMC had previously been involved in many construction projects and had been doing retracks for a long time before El Toro. RMc only helped in the physical construction of El Toro, just like they are technically producing the track for Total Mayhem--not an RMC design, just the physical construction process.