VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 - The 25th season of Fright Fest at Six Flags Great Adventure

29yrswithaGApass

Some ideas for the anniversary of Fright Fest off the top of my head :rant: :

1-Keep the park open until midnight or later.

2-Get the Alice Cooper haunt to return or find a similar celebrity to endorse one.

3-Get the backwards train for B:TR again and theme the ride to "Man-Bat"-like a nightmare version of the character.

4-Have live actors hiding in Skull Mt. and The Dark Knight.

5-Have El Toro and Bizarro run backwards.

Some ideas for the anniversary of Fright Fest off the top of my head :rant: :

1-Keep the park open until midnight or later.

2-Get the Alice Cooper haunt to return or find a similar celebrity to endorse one.

3-Get the backwards train for B:TR again and theme the ride to "Man-Bat"-like a nightmare version of the character.

4-Have live actors hiding in Skull Mt. and The Dark Knight.

5-Have El Toro and Bizarro run backwards.

I'd say open the park earlier instead. #4 doesn't seem very safe for the actors. Bizarro was tested to run backwards, but it was found too intense, and this can also apply to El Toro too. Namtab seems cool for FF, as long as they run two trains.

• Like 1

Maybe Great Adv./SF could do like Cedar Fair did and have "secret rooms" in their haunts where you had to use a special upcharge "skeleton key".

"So our haunts are extra, but if you want to wait in a bit shorter line, you can pay extra ontop of the extra you're already paying for the haunts, BUT if you want to access secret rooms, you can pay extra on top of the extra on top of us charging extra for our haunts"

Cedar Fair doesn't charge for their haunts. I really like the skeleton key, but our park wouldn't make it good enough for it to be extra, and we're already paying extra for the haunts, so I don't think anyone would be happy with them holding out on things in the haunts.

Edited by YoungPup

• 2 months later...

Details on Fright Fest 2016 are now up on the Six Flags Great Adventure site. Click HERE to read about it.

Some quick notes -

The Awakening/Dead Man's Party will be held at a new location.

The park is open on Halloween (Monday Oct 31) from 5pm to 11pm

NEW Clown show

NEW Slash show

NEW Lizard Man show

NEW Breakout terror trail

$71.99 for a day pass AND you have to pay extra for trails? That's a joke. And last year the unlimited terror trail pass was like $20 (right?) at the park on the first weekend, but online shows it as $32. Are they really raising the prices of admission and trail passes, without actually adding any?

I'm banking on 2017 Passes going on sale for a decent price at the end of the regular Season. Trying a new thing where we go to the Park every year, but only Buy passes every other. Get 2017 Passes cheap at the end of this year, go for FF and HITP and all of next year. After 40+ year's of me going to the Park, i have no prob skipping every other Spring in the Park.

If they keep hitting capacity (or close) during FF nights, they should keep raising prices....

Universal's HHN was $72.99 in 2013, and they have much bigger crowds than SF. That's like saying if Apple keeps selling more iPhones every year, they should keep raising the prices. And I wasn't there one time last year during ff where they hit capacity. Making your ticket prices about as much as a park that puts millions into their attractions, is a complete joke. I love FF, but I hate that they charge for the houses.

Edited by YoungPup

$71.99 for a day pass AND you have to pay extra for trails? That's a joke. And last year the unlimited terror trail pass was like $20 (right?) at the park on the first weekend, but online shows it as $32. Are they really raising the prices of admission and trail passes, without actually adding any?

Did you bother reading the rest of the site? It starts at $77.99 for a day ticket with a terror trail pass included. Plus, there IS a new trail. Last year, a Season Pass Terror Trail sticker was $35. This year, it went DOWN to $32. The other 2 prices did go up slightly, though. ($25 to $26 and $20 to $22)

9YhJTLB.jpg

Did you bother reading the rest of the site? It starts at $77.99 for a day ticket with a terror trail pass included. Plus, there IS a new trail. Last year, a Season Pass Terror Trail sticker was $35. This year, it went DOWN to $32. The other 2 prices did go up slightly, though. ($25 to $26 and $20 to $22)

I did not see that option, and I thought last years prices were cheaper, and the new haunted attraction might just be The Asylum, just moved somewhere else. With that said, they're prices are still comparable to HHN, which is insane.

I want to say that's happened before, but it was on a Monday. Any recollection, Harry? Does seem to make a lot of sense since it's only a small minority that observes the holiday.

A small minority with a lot of clot and disposable income.

They make the decisions to open or not based usually on the school calendar, just like they make opening weekend decisions based on schools. If enough of the local schools are off they have the staffing to open and a crowd to come to the park.

Usually it's the Monday in October where Columbus Day falls that they are open. Almost every school in NJ/NYC area/Philadelphia area is off because of the huge Italian American population. For Great Adventure, they look primarily at the Freehold Regional HS district since so many of the employees and guests come from there. FR give the Jewish holidays off because they have a large Jewish population, and most likely the park will book large groups of Jewish organizations that day as well.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never even once tried any of the terror trails. Should have in my teens, too cool I guess in my 20's, had kids in my 30's, now around 40 I just might use this as my year to check them out. Looking forward to it.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never even once tried any of the terror trails. Should have in my teens, too cool I guess in my 20's, had kids in my 30's, now around 40 I just might use this as my year to check them out. Looking forward to it.

They're fun most of the time :)

^ Fair warning that if you've done haunted houses or trails elsewhere you'll likely find Great Adventure's disappointing and overpriced. They're still fun, but embarrassingly cheap and poorly executed for a park of this size and scale.

I don't know about overpriced. Overpriced because they're not included with admission/season pass, yes, but if they were out on a farm, I wouldn't say they're overpriced. Agree'd about if you've done other attractions elsewhere (Creamy Acres blows SF out of the water).

• Like 1