VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Speculating about 2009

According to the last Flyin Phil update, the Old country fence is still where it was at fright fest, past the showcase, but that doesn't mean anything. It also looks like part of the fence around Chillers old site is down. I guess they were removing asylum stuff.

Edited by Chiller

• 3 weeks later...

I think it would be easy to add an old flat because you're not really building much. Just basically putting it in an old empty spot and plugging it in right?

Edited by GAcoaster
Internet shorthand

i think it would b easy 2 add an old flat cuz ur not really building much. just basically puttin it in an old empty spot n pluggin it in right?

First, please no internet shorthand.

Second, it's never that easy. There are many approvals necessary to add a new ride, and none of the old ones will be coming back.

I was able to get right on top of Musik Express and Autobahn last Season and they will need ALOT of work before they could come back and operate again. Musik was in seriously bad shape, I can only imagine how bad the stuff in the Boneyard is. Unless they have some indoor storage somewhere (and I think they do) They would probably be the only old Rides that could be brought back, anything else would need alot of work to the point that it wouldn't be economical.

I was able to get right on top of Musik Express and Autobahn last Season and they will need ALOT of work before they could come back and operate again. Musik was in seriously bad shape, I can only imagine how bad the stuff in the Boneyard is. Unless they have some indoor storage somewhere (and I think they do) They would probably be the only old Rides that could be brought back, anything else would need alot of work to the point that it wouldn't be economical.

The majority of indoor space in the boneyard is home to all of the frightfest props.

First, please no internet shorthand.

Second, it's never that easy. There are many approvals necessary to add a new ride, and none of the old ones will be coming back.

internet shorthand? saying "2" instead of "to" ?

QUOTE (southview2 @ Feb 27 2009, 01:39 PM) Yes^ Proper english.

Anyways, 2009, really looking forward to the fireworks.

ok no problem. I didn't even realize i was doing it. But its ok to say "kk" instead of "kingda ka" and stuff like that.... ok

They used to have fireworks every night during the summer a few years ago.

Well, yes and no: Shapiro started out the 2006 season by saying he wanted fireworks every night that the park was open until 10 or later. By the end of June, it was cut back to weekends only. The following two photos were taken June of 2006:

062606-033.jpg

062606-049.jpg

I was talking about before Shapiro took over and they had fireworks on most weeknights in the summer, not just weekends. But back then the fireworks were cancelled half of the time because of the weather. I can remember back in the early 2000s I would go to HH late in the day in the middle of the week then head over to GAdv and ride whatever had shorter lines before watching the fireworks near closing. But it is good to see them back at all. 2006 season kinda sucked with all those cut backs late in the summer, hopefully that won't happen again.

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...

It's the model that Disney is using right now...if you can find a sponsor you can add an attraction. Just find a company with deep enough pockets to sponsor something and it will happen. Now we just have to find a company that can sponsor Houdini... :)

• 2 weeks later...