VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Speculating about 2009

Well I was at the golden carousel awards tonight and Mr. Kane mentioned the theme parks plans are still in last phases of work, but he confirmed to everyone in a speech that HH IS getting a new ride. And that glow is getting a new float.But like I said, the theme parks plans have not been set in stone yet.

Thanks! Is this the repeat of the 9 years? I wonder if anything will come to the park ,or next year is only for H.H. I have a feeling well be learning soon.

Edited by warnerleroy

Something will be new for the Theme Park in "09" I don't see them going a year without anything new. Now, it may just be a Float, or a Float and something else. But they will need something to advertise for next Season. The Commercial won't say come ride everthing you did last year!!

But we have 3 parks, Disney has 4. Every year, Disney doesn't add something new to everypark, but maybe one and they'll advertise that. Maybe Six flags will do he same and just market HH's new attraction next year, but I hope the park gets something new too.

Edited by warnerleroy

^ In the mid 90s I went to the Jackson Township Planning Board meeting when GA submitted their original plans for the water park. The park made it a point to say that from a traffic perspective they expected most of the Hurricane Harbor visitors to leave property when they were done with the waterpark and not head over to the theme park. It seemed strange at the time but I think that happens a lot today.

If you have kids you are NOT going to Theme park after being at the Harbor all day,(if your a decent Parent, anyway) they just can't hang that long. The only time I ever did both was when I was alone. I would love to do a Morning at the Harbor, hit the Shower, get cleaned up, and go to the Theme Park for Dinner, but with kids they need a few hours of rest in between. Now, we have gone to the Water park in the Morning, gone back home, let them rest up a little and eat some Dinner and go back to the Theme Park for nighttime fun. It's one of the advantages of living close to the park. I have had many day's of going in the morning myself, and coming back later in the day with my kids.

Now that regular operation are over and FF is still a month away I think the best part of the season is going to be the listening for rumblings about what might or might not be on the way in all honesty. We are in that transition period now and specualtion is the best during these times :P

We have a huge "dead zone" in gadv- the area surrounding the old Batman and Robin. What's going on with that? It's an eyesore- last time I went they had that area closed off. I think they should replace the flats in that area and then have a few scattered throughout the park. Besides running costs, there's really no reason not to have them. Aren't most of them in storage or something? As for a new coaster, I heard a rumor about one faster than Kingda ka. I cant see that though. Really, how fast can you go? lol

Doubt we would see anything faster than Ka in the park. I know there is one going up in Europe that will eventually surpass it there, but that would just seem like overkill to me with two monsters like that in the park. I'm sure whatever is done will be in good faith and with good logical reasoning :)

• 3 weeks later...
We have a huge "dead zone" in gadv- the area surrounding the old Batman and Robin. What's going on with that? It's an eyesore- last time I went they had that area closed off. I think they should replace the flats in that area and then have a few scattered throughout the park. Besides running costs, there's really no reason not to have them. Aren't most of them in storage or something? As for a new coaster, I heard a rumor about one faster than Kingda ka. I cant see that though. Really, how fast can you go? lol

They will be slowly clearing out that area for the next couple of years so it is going to be awhile before that area reopens.

Edited by The Master

• 3 weeks later...

the Old Country section (around the Chiller entrance and Observatory) is in the middle of being re-themed. employees, and people going to the Picnic Grove are the only ones allowed back there

and yes, there's a roller coaster being built in Germany called 'Ring Racer' that goes from 0-134mph in 2.5 seconds.

Edited by coreyh710

the Old Country section (around the Chiller entrance and Observatory) is in the middle of being re-themed. employees, and people going to the Picnic Grove are the only ones allowed back there

and yes, there's a roller coaster being built in Germany called 'Ring Racer' that goes from 0-134mph in 2.5 seconds.

Well the escape from the asylum is there, so how are there only employees allowed, and when you say they are retheming do you say it meaning they have started and you have proof?

Do NOT compare us to disney, disney brings enough money in a year that they dont have to advertise a new ride every year, people love disney and go no matter what.

100% agreed. Not many people travel from outside the eastern zone to go to GADV. And since there are six flags parks through the U.S people will usually go to the closest to their home.

Edited by rcji

100% agreed. Not many people travel from outside the eastern zone to go to GADV. And since there are six flags parks through the U.S people will usually go to the closest to their home.

yeah true.. i met a couple in line for batman and they said they were from maryland and that sf america is soo boring that they drive up here.. I've been there twice and can vouch 4 them.. lol

so the question no is whats gonna happen 2 that whole section? its a big part of the park so something has 2 be added there.. i mean they wouldnt have a whole section closed 4 ever.. they started the batman theme there.. it was nice with the stunt shows, chiller and batman.. chiller was removed and now we have the dark knight, a new batman themed ride... so with this new birth of batman, should they stick 2 this theme or revise it 2 a DC comic theme.. we already have a lot of DC superheros. add some flats themed after some heros n stuff

I had a great idea for the entire Old Country area...

In the vacant area west of Dark Knight, where Chiller's main elements were, add a drop tower there and theme it to Batman.

Renovate the observatory into a small museum, and use open up Ice Works as a gift shop selling classic GADV memorabilia.

Use the Chiller station and queue for a new coaster which spans through where Asylum is now.

Create a path connecting Old Country and Fantasy Forest (Chiller's service gates through area between Mama Flora's and Mini Golf).

Reopen and re-theme Musik Express and Autobahn to Batman.

Rename entire section Gotham City.

Just my :TwoCents:

• 3 months later...

I know nothing like this is happening for '09' but I would love th see GA get a Custom Euro-Fighter Coaster. The angles that they hit on the first drop's and the turn's are insane. I have never been on one and really want to experience one.

As of the latest flyover by Phil, there seems to be nothing going on in Old Country. I doubt it will even reopen by the 2010 season and this is not just SFGAdv. There are rumors that SF wants to close down sections at their other parks like SFMM and SFKK. I think their plan is to run their parks as lean as they can for awhile but they are not coming out saying this but it's what's happening. :(

I had a great idea for the entire Old Country area...

In the vacant area west of Dark Knight, where Chiller's main elements were, add a drop tower there and theme it to Batman.

Renovate the observatory into a small museum, and use open up Ice Works as a gift shop selling classic GADV memorabilia.

Use the Chiller station and queue for a new coaster which spans through where Asylum is now.

Create a path connecting Old Country and Fantasy Forest (Chiller's service gates through area between Mama Flora's and Mini Golf).

Reopen and re-theme Musik Express and Autobahn to Batman.

Rename entire section Gotham City.

Just my :TwoCents:

Now we're hopeful for Chiller coming back. :D

It's too bad our hopes will probably go unfulfilled.

They wouldn't keep the Chiller building around if they weren't going to use it for something one day. Look what they did with Viper's Station. Gutting and re-fitting is cheaper than tearing down and re-building. I think it will be something someday, the only question is when.