VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Speculating about 2009

I had a great idea for the entire Old Country area...

In the vacant area west of Dark Knight, where Chiller's main elements were, add a drop tower there and theme it to Batman.

Renovate the observatory into a small museum, and use open up Ice Works as a gift shop selling classic GADV memorabilia.

Use the Chiller station and queue for a new coaster which spans through where Asylum is now.

Create a path connecting Old Country and Fantasy Forest (Chiller's service gates through area between Mama Flora's and Mini Golf).

Reopen and re-theme Musik Express and Autobahn to Batman.

Rename entire section Gotham City.

Just my :TwoCents:

Hey Chris, you might like this topic

http://www.gadv.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15262

Ok Guys, so i got the rehire pack in a few days ago, along with the general application also came a letter from Mr. Kane. I will transcribe it here so you all can read it.

Welcome Back!

We Hope you enjoyed the Holiday Season and on behalf of the management team, i want to thank you for all your hard work, dedication and commitment to Friendly, Clean, Fast, Safe Service in our award winning 2008 Season! That's right, at the 3rd annual Golden Flag Awards Six Flags Great Adventure was awarded the top honor in the company: Park of the Year! The park has been challenged and tested for so many years and you were part of the team that put it back on top, and we could not have accomplished this without you! The 2009 season is right around the corner and I am personally Thankful to have the privilege to work with such an outstanding team.

Last season, we continued to build on our success in the way we approach out buisness. We met the challenge of delivering Friendly, Clean, Fast, Safe Service, we introduced ne products and services, and new employee recognition programs. This season we are taking it "Over The Top" by reaching our employee service goal of 9.0 on all guest satisfaction surveys throughout the year. You are continuing your journey with the #1 park in the Six Flags system.

You will continue to be challenged in 2009 as our Guests experiance the thrill of visiting Six Flags. We are reintroducing one of our most thrilling coasters to make it like no other in the park. (clearly this is Medusa) Also, be prepared to see some changes to some of our retail locations to M&M World, Cyber Cafe, and more. We are also adding to our exciting Glow in the Park parade.

Our brand is strong, and our commitment to bond with you and our Guests begins now. You are the connection and the bridge to transporting our Guests through their day and I cannot stress enough just how important you are to our opperation. I want to thank you in advance as we begin a new chapter in our journey together and at the end of the day, we will have even more stories to share as we complete another award winning 2009 season.

Our commitment to YOU will continue to grow as we develop more reward and recognition programs dedicated to improving your Quality of Life. With free passes for friends, buddy passes, $70,000 in scholarships, paid internships, the list goes on. With all of the excitment surrounding our park, we encourage you to TELL A FRIEND to join you in sharing in the fun, and earn $50.00 for each person you refer! I want you to make your mark as part of the Six Flags family, so join us for another amazing ride-as we ACHIEVE GREATNESS in 2009.

Sincerly

Mark Kane

Park President

After you get through the corporate rah rah, some stuff jumps out. The park is really going hardcore on customer service, and by the sound of it is basically going to bribe us with all sorts of cash and prizes to be extra super awesome nice to the Guests, which is cool.

Revamping some retail locations kinda came out of the blue, but M&M and thusly Mars is a HUGE franchise with limitless branding options, maybe they are trying to get their foot in to door to add revenue and fight Hershey.

The way he talks about TRCFKA Medusa makes me think there has got to be some sort of new car or major themed area in the works. cause a floorless roller coaster on a rail is old news at this point and that things like 10 years old.

So discuss, its not much, but i go for my rehire interview with security next week, and ill make a point to walk around as see as much as i can and report back.

Also, if anyone plans on applying and isn't a rehire, PM for my info, i want 50 bucks.

Well, I quess we are getting a new Float still, that is great news, and the new shop names mentioned must be a couple of the 6 re-themeing projects that were mentioned at the Jackson Board Meeting I went to a few weeks back. At the meeting they also mentioned a couple of the Kitchens in the park were being expanded.

Cyber-Cafe? Please explain.

From the Six Flags Magic Mountain website's description:

Offering a variety of sandwiches, fresh fruits (seasonal). Dippin’ Dots ice cream and other mouth-watering desserts. Plus espressos, cappuccinos and lattes, as well as soft drinks, coffee and hot chocolate.

And they also have computers with free internet access. It's pretty cool for a park to have that. We can do our PTR's straight from the park at the end of the night with a tall cup of coffee!

We can do our PTR's straight from the park at the end of the night with a tall cup of coffee!

As soon as I saw that, I got a chuckle thinking about someone doing that right off the bat. I can just see people sitting down in there typing out their reports and having something to drink.

Josh Davidson if you're reading this... when I was redesigning my old website, my number one priority was sending my chief editor hourly updates of park crowds and ride closures.

Get enough representatives to go to the park on a daily (or as close to daily) basis, and use the new Cyber Cafes to update gadv.com!

You can get creative with a meter showing how crowded the park is, and a current ride closures list.

I can see this place having a new topic of park updates, from the park. It will make me happy, there were a few times last Season that I couldn't wait to get home to post something that was going on at the Park. One that comes to mind was when Nitro broke down and had the Giant Crane working on the lift, I think I even left early that day to do the post.

I can easily see updates from the park, but that was already possible with iPhones & Blackberrys and things. While the idea of real-time updates on ride status and wait times, etc, it's just not practical. Every site that has tried that has started off great fro about a week, then the status boards remain unchanged for weeks at a time giving misleading information.

Perhaps it would be free for paying customers as in you would have to buy something from a list of items to be able to use the computer. While it woudln't be the nicest of ways to do it, at least the park would avoid having everyone waling in and just hopping on computers. With your purchase you could get an access code which would grant you a certain amount of time on the computer. A rather simplistic view of things, but anything is possible.

^That sounds fair to me, I know in the past when the park had free interactive stuff like this there would be people who would hog it for hours or fight over turns for it. That would happen if they did have truly free internet.

I'm guessing one of the smaller buildings that are currently used for something else. The miniature golf building would be my guess. That way they could have an outside counter for walk up coffee sales, and an inside portion (which is nice and dark) for the cafe/computers. I have a feeling the mini golf didn't do very well last season.

I was thinking one of the buildings in the heart of Dreams Street or something like that. It seems this concept would work well having people centralized in the park where they could go before they leave, when they get there, or even just to break up the day before moving on to another section of the park. Just a thought though.

That is exactly where i was thinking it will probably go. Behind the Wii Exp. Where the "Claw Games" are. Behind those games was prize storage last Season, removing those games would open up alot of space, and it would fit with with the front of the tent being the Wii Exp.