VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Speculating about 2009

Guest warnerleroy
The park turns 35 next year. It's a "9" year and historically they always added something big in "9" year's. Other than that I have no clue to what the park will do, for now. I know something that this site might do, If you guys got the go ahead from Mr. Kane. And it is something that I have wanted for a long time. So I really hope it can happen. *R*

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^:PB):lol::rolleyes::lol::rolleyes::P^_^:P^_^:Z5a::clap::clap::clap::dizzy::drool5::thumbup1::w00t::w00t::001_tt2::001_tt2::BananaPiana::Outahea::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::cake-surprise::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph: :Mickeymorph: :Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph: :Mickeymorph: :Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph: :Mickeymorph: :Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph: :Mickeymorph: :Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph:

Edited by warnerleroy

Guest warnerleroy

THE PARKS 35TH ANNIVERSARY AND 4TH BIG "9" YEAR!

WHAT COULD NEXT YEARS PROJECT BE :rolleyes:

Edited by warnerleroy

Yesterday, I had the chance to visit SFNE for the first time in a couple years. I still came home feeling like I spent the day at Disneyland. The first ride I took in was the masterblaster-type water ride in Hurricane Harbor. It's fast, has lots of air, tunnels of pitch-black darkness, and crazy turns where water shoots at you to disorient your sense of direction. This type of ride would make an excellent addition to Hurricane Harbor. And the line moved quickly too.

always. Riding Houdini and Tomahawk were like visiting old friends. Flats, water rides AND coasters = more fun!

I understand WHY they have done what they have done, but they have overthought their decisions. They missed the point. But anyway, "maybe next year. Maybe next year."

Catapult is still nuts. I know people who wanted it to come here after the closure of SFAW. It has a 50'' and it's only 5 hours away. Something in me thinks it would have been a better fit at SFGAdv, but I try to ignore it! Nightwing was closed as it had been on my past 4 visits. Kontiki was open, but is still located in a corner of the park that nobody goes to. Our Matterhorn was a much better ride, but if nobody is riding it there...

The rock n' tug was in a kiddie section, where it belonged.

Time Warp (the inverted, inverting flying carpets,) the scrambler and Crime Wave never stopped moving. They were very popular even on a slow day.

Am I the only one on the website that thinks the regular park should get a water ride more than HH? :confused1:

Think about it for a sec...

2006: Riptide, Koala Canyon (technically)

2007: Water Effect

2008: ?????????????????

There may be some, but I would have to imagine that for most of the rides in the BY, there would just be too much needed to incorporate into getting them running again to make it worth it for the park. You have to figure that if the park was not able to do the upkeep on rides that were still in the park even through last season, the extra work needed to repair those who haven't run in years would be even worse.

I hope not. One of the things the park has realized over time is that people don't really want to do a "sit down" show...they want something they can walk past and watch for a few minutes and then move on to the next ride. A cirque show is expensive to produce and would never draw crowds.

Personally, I would much rather see a sit down show instead of catching something in passing (especially in Showcase's air-conditioning). I use to love sitting the Great Lake Grandstands overlooking the lake in the summer. I think a Cirque-style show would do well and appeal to a wide range of age groups.