VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Speculating about 2009

Yes that is what i was talkng about, it looks like an intense low space ride.As far as a theme im sure they can put some kind of escape from joker theme or a superman type theme. You might be right on the MTWE theory. Although the park could use a wet ride.I went on a newer version of the MTWE at seaworld in san diego. its 1\2 coaster and 1\2 super drencher, it would be a neat idea to stick something like this in old country or out by the log flume.

I was thinking today about the tony hawk rollercoaster.I think we could see one of these by 2010. I wish we could know whats comming in future years but im excited to see DK in action. We could all be wrong and GA might not get anything nex year and roll out something huge in 2010.

• Like 1

^ Has there been any new mention of Hurricane Harbor receiving additions in the next few years?

Actually, it was hinted on the off-season tour that Hurricane Harbor will be receiving something new for 2009. What better way to celebrate the water park's 10th season!

Wishful thinking, but I hope it's an updated version of Rollersoaker!

p4847.jpg

Picture from RCDB.com.

A water coaster slide like Typhoon Lagoon has would also be cool for HH. I think most likely it will be a tornado slide which is long overdue for GAdv's HH.

The water park definetely needs a new atrraction, and a Tornado slide is a logical fit. As far as the theme park my quess is we'll either get a Tony Hawk cooster and some flats or I would love that Dive Machine rumor to be true. Imagine the skyline with a 200ft. plus dive machine in the Old Country section of the park. That would make the view from the parking lot incredible with all those coasters in view.

So I have a question. Iwas reading the time line section today and if I read correct all of adventure rivers is gone? Or is part of it gone. i havent been to ga in many years as i live in az and havent moved back to nj yet. Well the tony hawk coaster would be neat but i really hope to get a new stlye free fall. Does anyone think that the incident at KK will stop a free fall type ride since most are run with cables and thats what caused the issue?

So I have a question. Iwas reading the time line section today and if I read correct all of adventure rivers is gone? Or is part of it gone. i havent been to ga in many years as i live in az and havent moved back to nj yet. Well the tony hawk coaster would be neat but i really hope to get a new stlye free fall. Does anyone think that the incident at KK will stop a free fall type ride since most are run with cables and thats what caused the issue?

Adventure Rivers is now completely gone from the park as the only remaining water attractions are the Log Flume and Congo Rapids. Everything else water is Hurricane Harbor which is really I think where the park wants people to go for water attractions.

As far as the Freefall type ride I do think the Kentucky Kingdom will stop the Six Flags chain as a whole from investing in any new Freefall type rides in the near future. Too much bad publicity still lingering from the event, especially in the aftermath with the family saying Six Flags never offered any help to them or anything. To put a new Freefall up at any park right now would probably cause a publicity nightmare because I can just see the headlines now of Six Flags installing new ride similar to that which injured a young girl, blah blah blah. From a business standpoint I think they will stay clear of that until the issue is more distant.

Good point, I did think that but wanted to hope for a freefall ride. Did you see the picture of the cable with the shoelace still tangled in it, i saw it on rideincidents.com i think that's the site. It's a little distubing, I hope the girl is going to be ok as she grows up. Anyhow enough dpressing talk. I did see that there's a water coaster for sale and its like a coaster with a wet ending. I think they need to add another water ride to the park just to cool off guests as they are in park, congo rapids you either get soaked or just you butt does from the seat and dont get me started on the log flume. I never got wet on that! Can you go back and forth from ga to hh?

To the best of my knowledge you might be able to go back and forth once with the re-entry to the theme park option that they have when you exti (getting your hand stamped). I haven't been to HH (shame on me) so i do not know if you could go back and forth and back again.

I have the 3 park season pass but they still sort of give me a hard time when I go over to GAdv after HH closes for the day. Probably because there scanners are set up so they only green light your season pass once a day which is bad when you park hop from HH to GAdv, they really should fix it.

They specifically tell you you need a hand stamp for park hopping with your season pass since it can only be scanned once a day.

Problem is the hand stamper is gone after closing time at HH. So I can't get my hand stamped to go over to GAdv after HH closes.

Wear wet proof gloves? :P

It is easier to fight with them, they really can't refuse since I am right.

Edited by The Master

I tell you what, after reading about all that is going on with X2 at Magic Mountain with the 4-D coaster experience, if that performs well and they can find a manufacturer suitable (seeing as Arrow went under I believe) something like that would also be pretty nice in the park.