VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Speculating about 2009

The stunt arena isnt going anywear. 100 $ says theres a new batman dark night show late this year or next season. As far as a coaster next year dont hold your breath. Im willing to bet you are going to see some sort of flat or 2

I thnk a show almost has to happen right now, the arena is there, it is in a prime location with people being drawn into TDK, almost certain by next year some sort of show in the arena will have been worked out even if it doesn't last. As far as a coaster, the rumors about what type of coaster the park could get have been very promsing and the ideas out there are quite good. If we were to receive two or so flats instead though, and th park stayed focussed on keeping things running smoothly and rides being up at all possible time, well I would be just as happy!

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see more flat rides in Fantasy Forest and I have a feeling something will be done to Movie Town soon. The Dark Knight is drawing a lot of people to that corner of the park, and all you have is TDK and Batman.

I seem to be thinking more and more lately some time down the road, we will get a Tony Hawk coaster. Maybe not next year but by 2010. I think with our park being the biggest in the chain that we will have all the attraction's that are in more than one park. And we already have TDK, and the parade. I just think our park will represent what all other Six Flag's have to offer. And that also goes in line with the B&M Dive Machine going in two Six Flag's parks rumor. I think Tony Hawk is more likely though. I would love to see a Dive Machine using Chillers old building and the track in the picnic grove area. I think they will do something with that building cause' if they weren't they would of took it down. Look at what happend to Viper's station, who would of thought you could fit an El Toro in that spot.

how stupid would we all feel if GA didnt install anything in 09, i doubt it would happen but all you coaster lovers, dont hold your breath, were getting some sort of mega flat ride. with all the recent flat removals it is a long shot that were going to get a coaster, as far as old country goes, it will never return says an insider. look to see that area dorment till 2010 season, is a future site to something big. stunt areana rumors are just that, a new show in works for next season im sure.

You know, while I would love to see Hurricane Harbor get something new, it really doesn't NEED anything unless attendance drops off. As it is, the park gets capacity crowds without anything new since 2001, and if it came down to something for HH versus something new for the theme park (like a new Wave Swing), I'd rather see the money spent on the theme park.

• 4 weeks later...

Screamscape today is reporting it definetly looks like Hurricane Harbor will be getting a new attraction for 09'. He seems to think it will be a Tornado Slide and that is fine with me. Now we just have to wait and see if it's true.

HH got another slide tower back in 2001 and nothing since, I hope it is a Tornado slide since they are great but they probably should build a slide tower with two tornado slides instead of just one like the other parks to handle the crowds. Some of the slides already at HH have lousy capcity due to HH not running enough rafts on them.

Eh, this sounds more like a 15-year-old's wet dream. Kind of like the dive coaster, the ball coaster, and the 4D. If HH were to receive anything new, I think a racer slide complex or a master blaster water coaster would be the better choice. These rides are allot more fun and are better with capacity.

Dorney has those racing Mat slides, there eh. Tornados are a lot better, but I would rather see a Master Blaster but those probably cost a lot more than a tornado slide would cost. But I will be glad with whatever HH installs.

I agree that racers would be a great way to go. People love any type of racing slides for the most part, and the capacity on them is usually very good which is a plus for them. A Master Blaster slide though would be a really nice addition I think as it is a rather unique ride for a water slide and would contrast nicely with what is already in the park I think :)

One of the mat slides at Moreys' injured my arm so after that I just don't like mat slides too much anymore, especially tall, faster mat slides like the one pictured. Both Moreys' and Dorney's (which are tamer) have much slower moving lines compaired to inner tube slides. I rather have a inner tube than a mat.

Edited by The Master

We have a master blaster slide here in az, the ride count is bad because you have to waitg untill tube clears 2nd up hill.the lines are very long and the blast of water going up hill is quite violating if ya know what I mean.lol a racer or giant bowl is more fun and you don't need tonges to pull your bathing suit out of your butt.