VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 24- Add a Family Wooden Coaster

• 4 weeks later...

A coaster similar to White Lightning would be a nice addition. I thought the coaster was a lot of fun and just thrilling enough for everyone to like. With so many wooden coasters changing because of RMC, it would also be nice to see a new traditional wooden coaster built in the chain.

If it did go with a DC Superfriends theme, it go other the lake [35ft lift with drop over lake and bunny hop back] and RRR would be relocated to BBNP, probably (so they have 3 kiddie coasters). I'd more likely call that Poison Ivy than a Zamperla Discovery.

• 3 weeks later...

I think a mild RMC or GCI like American Thunder at St Louis would be perfect, even though it's considered a thrill ride, I find it to be on the same level as Rolling Thunder nothing crazy but yet still fun. Plus a twister layout would be a nice balance to our Out and Back and amaazing El Toro. One would fit great behind Looney Tunes Seaport and a retheme won't hurt.

Also, as far as family cousters go I also would love to see a spinning coaster and Pony Express or moto coaster. The one at Knotts Berry Farm was a blast and as a thrill ride lover I enjoyed it because it's unique and fun and Families Love it,

However, Wooden coaster definately.

• 2 weeks later...

The Scooby Doo coasters are cute, but the trains are smaller than regular trains. It makes it hard for adults to ride with their kids.

This is so true! I have to sit sideways in the seat for my legs to fit. Forget about trying to fit a kid with me if I had one!

I just rode Legoland's Coastersaurus last week. It was quite enjoyable for a family wooden coaster. My legs fit snuggly, but it was much better than many of the other kiddie/family coaster restraints.

https://rcdb.com/2746.htm#p=48827

• 2 months later...

After hearing how great Mystic Timbers is and some people claiming it is the best coaster at Kings Island, I'm hoping Great Adventure eventually gets a similar type coaster.

With the new rmc opening at KD in 2018 and invadr this year in 2018-2019 is the most probable time slot we would see an rmc-gci and come to think of it were the only major six flags park without an rmc or gci so with that in mind we will most likely see an rmc or gci, personally I would like to see a wood coaster that isint eltoro and see a stick to the terrain type of coaster come to the park

Edited by Mr.Anarchy

I remember years ago going to Dutch Wonderland when the kids were little, and their small wooden coaster seemed to pack a decent punch for its size. I don't know if they still have that coaster or not.

It's still there. It's called the Kingdom Coaster or formerly known as Sky Princess.

It's still there. It's called the Kingdom Coaster or formerly known as Sky Princess.

One time we camped right next door at the Old Mill Stream Campground. It was pretty cool to be able to just walk right to the park. We did the same at Knoebels. This week we are camping at Turkey Swamp Campground. It is about 10 minutes northeast of SFGA. I wish they had a campground adjacent to the park so you could just walk in.