VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Parachuter's Perch

29yrswithaGApass

• 2 months later...

Yeah, he worked in Cash Control overnights back when the Admin Offices and Cash Control were over there. Cash Control was moved across the park the year after the Admin Building did and the old CC building became the Games office for the newly expanded Games area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

An odd thing I noticed about the parachute tower in recent years is that it has large floodlights mounted up top, but the park only seems to turn them on for FF. I don't think I ever seen them lit during the summer.

You know, it would be nice to have our Parachutes fly above trees. Not that I don't like the view as it is, but I think a forest underneath would be cool.

A forrest ANYWHERE would be cool. It was great when the park was a forrest, but trees are the enemy of Six Flags.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
icon_STOP.gif2012 - New Flat Ride Package or Medium Thrill Ride - Rumor - (6/14/11) Yesterday we talked about a possible flat ride package in the works for Six Flags Great Adventure, though now I’m told that is just one of a couple of possible plans under consideration. Another plan is to bring in a Sky Screamer style ride (Star Flyer) as we’ve seen already become instant hits at Six Flags St. Louis and Discovery Kingdom this summer. While they could drop this ride in just about anywhere, there is one rumor claiming that they may consider removing the old parachute tower for it as well, but again… nothing is confirmed. Just ideas being thrown around at this point, so stay tuned.

Screamscape posted a rumor that the Parachute Training Center may be removed for a Sky Screamer ride. The parachute are one of my favorite non roller coaster rides in the park. If removing a ride is what it takes to get more flats, then I could do without a new ride.

Six Flags would be stupid to remove a true family friendly ride like "Parachuter's Perch". It's a unique gentle experience that's largely extinct in the park. Come to think of it, Shapiro 2.0 will probably remove it based on its labor intensive operation. I'm still smarting over "The Golden Kingdom".

A Zierer Wave Swinger is more desirable than a "Star Flyer". One enhances the overall ambience and is family friendly. The other is a "Star Flyer".