VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Parachuter's Perch

29yrswithaGApass

• 1 month later...

When I went to Great Adventure in 2009, it was still white! But why does it have to be repainted?! It looks ugly with a capital ugly! Possibly the worst paint scheme of a parachute ride tower, ever!

med_gallery_2_43_89001.jpg

Boooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The old paint was a million times better!

An ugly paint scheme for a parachute tower, going green, Disney Channel getting much worse (Miley Cyrus: The NEW Face of Disney?! Where's Mickey?!), what else can can go wrong in 2010?! :cursing:

Edited by GAThriller

:huh: 29yrswithaGAPass, Are you serious??? The new paint job spoils the patriotic theme of the GASM, the Right Stuff Building and even Superman Ultimate Flight!! :mad:

Then

040905-059.jpg

Perfect combination of Carnival and Americana theme :D

Now

med_gallery_2_43_368214.jpg

The parachute's lost its patriotic theme and its Edwards Airforce Base Jump Tower Parachute Training Center thanks to the new paint job. :mad:

Just like Avatar screwing up Titanic, Hanna Montana destroying Mickey Mouse, the new paint of what was once a patriotic themed parachute ride into a boardwalk nightmare, now just messed up... :crying:

Edited by GAThriller

When they were painting the tower I had it in the back of my mind that I saw that color somewhere, but I couldn't place it. I now realize it was the color of SFOG's tower when it was being erected.

gallery_2_4_362065.jpg

That is red oxide primer.

the paint scheme matchs the park fine, the theme of the area is fun, boarwalk games=fun, roller coasters= fun, flay rides= fun, the p-aint on the tower is fun, i like it and i liked it more when the park painted six flags down each side, it gave the park a focal point!

:huh: 29yrswithaGAPass, Are you serious??? The new paint job spoils the patriotic theme of the GASM, the Right Stuff Building and even Superman Ultimate Flight!! :mad:

The parachute's lost its patriotic theme and its Edwards Airforce Base Jump Tower Parachute Training Center thanks to the new paint job. :mad:

Just like Avatar screwing up Titanic, Hanna Montana destroying Mickey Mouse, the new paint of what was once a patriotic themed parachute ride into a boardwalk nightmare, now just messed up... :crying:

The "Boardwalk" area lost its theme YEARS ago. Painting the Parachutes to match the buildings of the Boardwalk made sense. Once again, if it's paint it like that or remove it, I think everyone would agree it's better to paint than to remove another ride.

I understand. Thanks. :mellow:

Some changes are good

Some bad

Bad changes include

1. Disney Channel is neglecting the Mickey Mouse icon the company was meant to be and letting Hanna Montana be "the face of Disney" instead of Mickey
  2. Nickelodeon has gone too FAR with trash like iCarly and Spongebob, which both now have a very poor entertainment value
  3. All the former Paramount Parks lost their special, fun Nickelodeon and Hanna Barbera themed area for kids and replaced with the worst name for a kids' area: Planet Snoopy (which is the negative version of everyone's favorite Camp Snoopy) thanks to Cedar Fair, which is (in my opinion) the worst amusement company ever (except for theme parks Valleyfair! and Knott's Berry Farm).
With the parachutes being painted, does the GASM has to be painted gold and maroon, or purple and orange, too?

• 4 weeks later...
2.Nickelodeon has gone too FAR with trash like iCarly and Spongebob, which both now have a very poor entertainment value

I agree with I-carly, because if it were real, the web-show would suck. And for Spongebob, they were good up untill Stephen Hillenberg dropped out, then the writing suffered.

Anyway, I don't mind the color change, in fact, I think it looks rather fun. But, something else needs to be done. I just don't know what yet.... hmm

Anyway, I don't mind the color change, in fact, I think it looks rather fun. But, something else needs to be done. I just don't know what yet.... hmm

:mellow::mellow::mellow:

Okay. It's somewhat like the Knott's Berry Farm parachute tower in the late 1990's when they transformed the faded Roaring 20's area into The Boardwalk.

This is an OK change. The theme is...um..well fun. And better than iCarly or the DSi (i for infamous).

The only thing I don't like about the new version is it seems like the ride is a lot shorter now, I remember last year stopping at the top for more than a few seconds. Now it seems like as soon as you get to the top, 2 or 3 seconds later you are already starting to drop back down.

Yes, they are. In the 80's wasn't the Parachutes part of an American themed area? Right before it was renovated the chutes were red, white, and blue (obvioulsy) and you can see the same pattern in rides from the area now and then. And doesn't the chutes still stop like 10 feet off the ground now, or is it just a safety brake added at the end?