VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure History Museum

Was there last sunday and walked by it at 11:30. So I missed it but going again the sunday and will try and stop by with my kids

I stopped by the museum yesterday. Great job! It was great seeing exhibits in person rather than on this website. It was great that the park provided signs and other artifacts which really added to the "in person" feel.

Just a friendly reminder that this will be the last week for the museum. If you haven't had a chance to visit yet you have until Sunday to stop in and take a look around.

Thanks to everyone who did drop in and for all the encouraging words of support. This was our first attempt at an exhibit like this with a relatively short amount of time to pull it together. Next time we will have experience on our side so watch out! :P

The museum is something that must be a permanent attraction at GA. They should build another tent to house the collection of artifacts so that generations of visitors coming to GA have a clearer idea of what the park has meant since it opened in 1974. I'm sure Harry knows the ins and outs of the park more than any of those high up on the food chain who are running the park. Keep the museum in tact!!!!!!!

I hope i can make it to the park to see this! It should be a permanent part of the park. I wonder if vintage replica shirts, pins, postcards can be made so that it can sell things and generate some form of revenue. If they did that, then they would need to hire an employee to run the sales.

This past Sat I was at the park with a buddy, and when we were walking past the Museum, we stopped in to kill a few minutes. I noticed a few more items were added from the first time I stopped in a couple weeks ago. But the best was, my friend was looking at stuff on the counter where the employee was sitting, and he noticed a few SF yearbooks on the counter. He knew I worked at the park years ago, and asked me if any of them were from the yrs I worked. So I took a quick look, I noticed they had one from 1996. Well to make a long story short, I found a pic of me in it, standing at the Freefall operators panel. Cant believe its been almost 20 yrs since I worked at the park.

There are only three more days to visit the Great Adventure History Museum. It is your last chance to stop in and see all the things you may have thought you would never see again prior to the museum opening. Got all that? :P

Just Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and then it is Great Adventure history! At least until we do a Spotlight on it! :)

I've gone twice the past couple of weeks, and earlier today, however Harry there is one thing in te museum I have no idea of what it is. It's an artists rendering on the table next to the gondola ride carving and looks to resemble no area in the park, past or present, it does have a tent like structure, kinda looks like hyrdoflume's tent station but I still can't figure out when/what it is? Can you lend some insight?

^ I got it! Let's make a "Back to the Future" ride where you go on a trip to July 1974 for the park's grand opening- with other dates ranging through the decades up to today! Complete with a stop including rideable reproductions of Chiller and RT ;)

Edited by RC98

This was one of the greatest things I have ever seen in Great Adventure history at the park. There was just something about it that gave you a real feel of the park's history, something this site does great, but when it's in person, it gets real. Thank you Harry.

• Like 1