VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure History Museum

After stopping in a few times, it really warmed my heart to see parents with their kids sharing their memories of the park in there. I just wanted to let you know Harry how much you and everyone who helped you out with this endeavor appreciated their work from the entire six flags great adventure fan community, and not just this website. Hope to see more of you work in the park and the museum will be greatly missed. Every since I became a park regular and a member of this site, I had always hoped something documenting the history of the park would materialize. I was thrilled when the Main Street market added a few displays but it wasn't untill the museum opened that a place fully documenting the colorful history of the park opened. Well done and thank you-warnerleroy

After stopping in a few times, it really warmed my heart to see parents with their kids sharing their memories of the park in there. I just wanted to let you know Harry how much you and everyone who helped you out with this endeavor appreciated their work from the entire six flags great adventure fan community, and not just this website. Hope to see more of you work in the park and the museum will be greatly missed. Every since I became a park regular and a member of this site, I had always hoped something documenting the history of the park would materialize. I was thrilled when the Main Street market added a few displays but it wasn't untill the museum opened that a place fully documenting the colorful history of the park opened. Well done and thank you-warnerleroy

Thanks Warner and everyone! You guys really helped to make it a success.

Hm, looks like they got it empty faster then they got it filled :P

I emptied it (or actually packed things up) today. I have to drive into the park tomorrow morning before it opens to pick up my items.

Harry I was there last Sat. And when I walked in I felt a tug on my heart. Some many wonderful things to see in read. The walking back into the park..I stopped looked up Dream Street towards Big Wheel. And got misty. From that point you get a general idea of the Parks former glory. And for that I thank you. And I wondered did anyoen up the chain visit. And what was thier thoughts? Did they share or give input? I only hope they walked out and looked around. Walked away with ideas and new found love for something wonderful. Warner La Roy would be proud of your achivements. Thank you Again!!!!!

This was one of the greatest things I have ever seen in Great Adventure history at the park. There was just something about it that gave you a real feel of the park's history, something this site does great, but when it's in person, it gets real. Thank you Harry.

This ^

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thats awesome! The park should keep something like this open all year round, its a shame that many great pieces of history sit rotting at the park. I heard somewhere (i dont think it's true though) that they still have a freefall car, which would of been an awesome addition to the museum. Im guessing that Six Flags know about this website lol so maybe if we all talk about it, it will become an annual thing, but that's just a hope.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For anyone who may have missed it last year, there will be a very brief encore of the Great Adventure History Museum next Monday and Tuesday (June 22 and 23) during the afternoon with a possible preview late Sunday night (June 21st). It is planned as part of the American Coaster Enthusiasts Coaster Con but will be open to all guests. Like last year it will be setup in the red and white Dream Street Tent and several new/different items will be on hand.

Hope you get a chance to stop in!

gallery_2_35_102931.jpg