VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2015 at Great Adventure - El Diablo (formerly Looping Dragon)

29yrswithaGApass

I discovered this at my local Home Depot tonight! All I can say is if Santa thinks it is a roller coaster, than it must be so! And if you want to dispute that, you are going to have to deal with the big man in the red suit. Just keep in mind he knows if you've been naughty or nice. :santa:

gallery_2_25_682724.jpg

gallery_2_25_257857.jpg

That's really cool. For a souvenir idea, Six Flags could get the same item or same type of item and get it repainted to look like Looping Dragon (or other designs for the ones installed at the other Six Flags parks) and sell it in the parks.

Edited by Yoshi

I really like that alot, i will have it. I can see the Park selling those with the other Christmas item's they always carry in certain shops. I have an old Carousel that spins and light's up as well, they will go Great together.

• 2 months later...

From the rendering on the first post, it looks like it will be near El Toro although the information from the park in that posts says Golden Kingdom.

Edited by Yoshi

I took another look at Phil's pics. There looks to be construction and a piece of the gate missing right across from Ka's station. That would be my best bet for where it's going to be built. Also would make it part of the Golden Kingdom. There's actually a good amount of land there. They could add more rides in that area if they wanted.

Unfortunately however, if that is the future site of LD it doesn't really help with all the emptiness between Toro and ZuJ'e que line

I think LD is going to be built where RT turnaround into the station was, right behind Splash water oasis. Doesn't look like they started making the foundation yet as you can still see some old lumber or footers lying around.

• 2 weeks later...

The Devil Is in the Details at Six Flags

Great Adventure Announces New Theme, Location for 2015 Looping Coaster

Jackson, NJ – January 14, 2015 – The devil is in the details for Six Flags Great Adventure's new looping coaster, set to open this spring. Originally announced in the fall of 2014 as "Looping Dragon," with an Asian-inspired moniker and location in the Golden Kingdom section, the park's 13th coaster was re-imagined by park management who opted for a more devilish theme El Diablo.

"The Jersey devil has deep roots in our state's history, and inspired the new theme for our upcoming thrill ride," said Park President John Fitzgerald.

The giant, fiery red El Diablo looping coaster will make its home next to the world's top-rated wooden coaster, El Toro, in the Mexican-themed Plaza del Carnaval section. It features riders sitting in “face-off” seats rocketing forward and backward pendulum style until the train gains enough momentum to complete a full revolution seven stories in the air. The coaster then kicks into high gear, completing full revolutions until it stops momentarily with riders suspended upside down, and then reverses direction for even more thrills.

"El Diablo is the perfect addition to Plaza del Carnaval, as it appeals to both thrill seekers and families alike. Rides like El Toro and Tango attract a wide audience to this area, which also provides ample opportunities for dining, shopping and relaxation from the excitement of the world’s largest theme park," Fitzgerald added.

El Diablo is set to open this spring, and will have a 48-inch height requirement to ride.

For more information on Six Flags Great Adventure and El Diablo, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

#

It seems like the renderings always included it in that location, but wording and planning considered if elsewhere. It'll fit nice in that area and I hope they connect the GK and plaza near there or atleast reopen the old path that is closed.

Edited by jdc12192