VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I guess what everyone is too dense to realize is that if anyone got a Planning Board member to ask the question "why make a new Building?", the answer will be from Park rep's under oath in the "Minutes" next month. What better way to get a straight answer from the Park than have it posted online in a few Week's......

I'll save you some time having to wait for the meeting minutes. It will be something like "we are constructing a new building because we want our new ride in the Movie Town section of the park and besides we don't have any other structure big enough for our new attraction that isn't in use."

What I fail to understand is how you are trying to make a new building the issue.

How is it an issue when you point out wetlands, it's not on or near any wetlands, it's on a already open plot of land with nothing built on it and no land to be removed. Your points are completely invalid and it's clear as day you just wanna start some drama.

It's not going to effect anything and it's clear you are just salty because it's not your ideal plan or what you predicted and are trying to make their life hell by stiring up unnecessary drama that will not effect any decisions, the park or change anything. The only thing you are doing is wasting your breath.

If it ended up going I'm boardwalk that would be another issue for people because it wouldn't fit. The park is damned if they do damned if they don't at this rate and can't please everyone.

People have been wanting a dark ride for years and was one of the most requested attractions, and now all the sudden we are basically unofficially confirmed to get one, it's the worst thing ever and doesn't need to happen.

• Like 4

Railer, if you're saying you don't spend any money on the park anyway (which is BS because you said you get passes every second year now), why do you care what they do with their money? Why are you trying to make the park lose out on potential new capital? I'm seriously concerned for you why you're investing your time into this that will go absolutely nowhere and as you say has no effect on you. It's a little scary, to be blunt.

I guess what everyone is too dense to realize is that if anyone got a Planning Board member to ask the question "why make a new Building?", the answer will be from Park rep's under oath in the "Minutes" next month. What better way to get a straight answer from the Park than have it posted online in a few Week's......

Just curious, since you are so obsessed with buildings being on the property with no purpose or use of any kind, why didn't you get your shorts in a twist about the Chiller station standing abandoned for 10 years in the same exact spot you are complaining about now? Wouldn't that have had the same "environmental" impact you are trying to argue now?

Oh, i really don't give a crap either way, i'm not giving them my Money anymore, that's all that's relavent to me. If complaining to the Board actually gets a delay, good, as it will cost the Park Money. If not, oh well. I'm not the type that complains about thing's i don't like, i forget they exist and move on once i am done with it whatever it is.

Then leave the group?

• Like 1

Then leave the group?

Railer isn't a bad and is one of the most active posters. Railers posts also seem to get a lot of conversations going and bring out some emotion at times. I don't agree with all of Railers posts but they are fun to read.

I'm glad he doesn't seem to take offence to some of the replies to his posts. We are all free to have our opinions and voice them.

So Railer, keep posting and I will be glad to see you at the park when the T-Rex is in the park. Everyone else, feel free to respond to all of Railers posts but don't take them personally.

• Like 1

Railer isn't a bad and is one of the most active posters. Railers posts also seem to get a lot of conversations going and bring out some emotion at times. I don't agree with all of Railers posts but they are fun to read.

I'm glad he doesn't seem to take offence to some of the replies to his posts. We are all free to have our opinions and voice them.

So Railer, keep posting and I will be glad to see you at the park when the T-Rex is in the park. Everyone else, feel free to respond to all of Railers posts but don't take them personally.

Yes, Railers posts are fun to read and to his credit he does find information about new attractions that were not posted by anyone else. I'm sure he will move on from this one soon and we can continue to guess what the park will do.

Edited by IBOK

OK, I have a question regarding the JL dark ride. I'm curious for opinions. I've watched a really crappy POV video, and to me it seemed much more like one of the Disney dark rides (think Toy Story Mania) than a "dark ride" like TDK is. To me, TDK is a rough little coaster with props and lightsee that you ride. A dark ride is one where you interact with the ride and a coaster in the dark is just that. BUT, as a mom of 2 kids of widely varying heights I'm happy we are getting a JL.

Thoughts on the definition of a dark ride ?

OK, I have a question regarding the JL dark ride. I'm curious for opinions. I've watched a really crappy POV video, and to me it seemed much more like one of the Disney dark rides (think Toy Story Mania) than a "dark ride" like TDK is. To me, TDK is a rough little coaster with props and lightsee that you ride. A dark ride is one where you interact with the ride and a coaster in the dark is just that. BUT, as a mom of 2 kids of widely varying heights I'm happy we are getting a JL.

Thoughts on the definition of a dark ride ?

To me, the definition of a dark ride is any indoor attraction (thats not a coaster). If there is a coasters indoors, its just simply called an indoor coaster. In my book, the type of ride JL would be is an "Interactive Dark Ride" which I believe is actually the correct way to say it. A ride like Houdini would be a pure dark ride, and a ride like TDK or Skull Mountain would be an indoor coaster

I think now some may see what "the method of my madness" was with all this. Here is a reply i recieved this morning from someone that i did not speak with yesterday. It seem's the Park may have plan's to demo something still, i wouldn't mind that "Justice League" Facade sitting right where the Stunt Arena is.

EDIT I removed the Zoning Officer's name from the post, but it is one of the 3 that are listed on the Twp's site.

While this office can appreciate your concerns, the time to air such concerns would have been at last night's Planning Board meeting. And while I don't attend those meetings, if the application was indeed approved, you will have an opportunity to appeal any such decision, at your expense, through the Superior Court of New Jersey - Law Division- Ocean County.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

And as we speak, I'm told by the Planning Board Secretary, that no trees are proposed to be removed, and existing structures are proposed to be demo'ed to make room for new attractions.

Hope this helps.

Jackson Township Zoning Office

Edited by Railer
  • Like 1

......"and existing Structures are PROPOSED to be demo'ed to make room for new attraction's". As in, they are not demo'ed yet, but they got approval to demo more.

Yeah I read it wrong, perhaps they plan on removing the chiller hand building since it looks out of place now anyway

Observatory and old Photo Booth maybe? But what that does have me thinking now, is why not do this demo when had the Company in the Park doing the Station? Tell's me maybe this was sort of "last minute", and i bet maybe "Lightning Rod's" troubles did play a factor in us not getting that Launcher. As i've been saying the Park's priority is getting those "Old Country" Path's drawing good again to "thin" our Crowd's some. Maybe when the launcher fell-thru last minute, they decided to move up "JL", but into what was the priority to them, the "Old Country". It would explain alot.

I think now some may see what "the method of my madness" was with all this. Here is a reply i recieved this morning from someone that i did not speak with yesterday. It seem's the Park may have plan's to demo something still, i wouldn't mind that "Justice League" Facade sitting right where the Stunt Arena is.

EDIT I removed the Zoning Officer's name from the post, but it is one of the 3 that are listed on the Twp's site.

While this office can appreciate your concerns, the time to air such concerns would have been at last night's Planning Board meeting. And while I don't attend those meetings, if the application was indeed approved, you will have an opportunity to appeal any such decision, at your expense, through the Superior Court of New Jersey - Law Division- Ocean County.[/size]Thank you for your time in this matter.[/size]And as we speak, I'm told by the Planning Board Secretary, that no trees are proposed to be removed, and existing structures are proposed to be demo'ed to make room for new attractions.[/size]Hope this helps.[/size]Jackson Township Zoning Office[/size]

So your letter was about your concerns of not using a standing structure for a new JL ride, yet you are fine with them demolishing yet ANOTHER structure just because it keeps your T-Rex theory alive?

You, sir, are a special kind of crazy.

It would be a better fit to put JL in the Stunt Arena spot, though. The facade would look great there.

Not sure if you guys remember this or not, but a little while ago, a poster said they got a tour of the chiller spot, and that's the location of the 2017 attraction. And I believe it was JDC who said he's pretty reliable and wouldn't lie.

Not sure if you guys remember this or not, but a little while ago, a poster said they got a tour of the chiller spot, and that's the location of the 2017 attraction. And I believe it was JDC who said he's pretty reliable and wouldn't lie.

It was during the joker construction tour, and at that time(it was still early on) the park just basically said it was being considered as a location for 2017.

Do I think they knew then, possible, but they wouldn't flat out just say we're putting next years attraction here wether they knew then or not.

It was during the joker construction tour, and at that time(it was still early on) the park just basically said it was being considered as a location for 2017.

Do I think they knew then, possible, but they wouldn't flat out just say we're putting next years attraction here wether they knew then or not.

Nope, I'm not talking about that.