VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Disney Parks News

29yrswithaGApass

13 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

But they'll be replaced with a new "membership" program, just like Six Flags and Busch Gardens are doing. It's a way to change the levels and perks being offered, and change it to a more stable revenue stream and a tax savings for Disney. 

I prefer a plain season pass and at least SF still has that option. The SF membership does cost more than a plain SP, and it is also more of a hassle. I prefer to pay full upfront to avoid financing costs from installment plans which is what memberships really are. It will be some time before DL can roll out a membership program due to CA's strict COVID restrictions. Who knows what kind of payment shenanigans Disney's membership will have as they are a scaby company. 

Since installment plans allow more people to afford expensive items and services at an additional long run cost, it would be counterproductive for Disneyland's growing overcrowding issues. The membership payments will likely be quite high to offset this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, EPCOT's new entry music loop is so wrong. They had a great loop of music WRITTEN FOR EPCOT, but traded it in for music from mostly non-Disney movies. Half the songs are from a Netflix series...

They made progress with the return of the fountain prisms, then they add this music, just days after this horror:

I like the IDEA of these Flags, but the execution feels lackluster. Twelve Flags Over Florida...

https://blogmickey.com/2021/03/closer-look-at-new-pavilion-logo-flags-at-epcot-main-entrance/

Is that ring actually off-center from Spaceship Earth and The American Adventure? My father was a civil engineer and always made it a point to say how everything was in alignment perfectly thanks to surveying experts. That off center ring reminds me of our stupid paintball building which is also out of line with the other structures that were perfectly placed. 

• 2 months later...

I think it sucks that Disney is keeping their park reservation system in place even after things get back to normal.  This is just a major inconvenience for guests and pretty much eliminates any sense of a spontaneous visit to WDW.  Gone are the days of waking up on vacation and deciding which park you want to go to - instead you now have to decide many weeks in advance.  I think for many the answer may be let's go to Universal.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 5:20 PM, Yoshi said:

I guess there’s enough people out there that can afford it who are also big Star Wars fans. It will be interesting to see how successful it is.

Depends, the hotel is sequel trilogy themed which isn't popular with many old guard fans who would likely have the money for it. Disney likely expected the ST to have been more popular than it ended up being. There will likely be some Disney park shills who would be willing to spend the money.

Edited by The Master

• 2 months later...

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt-disney-company/news/10nov2021-your-dining-portion-sizes-may-be-getting-smaller-at-walt-disney-world-as-the-company-looks-to-cut-costs.htm

Disney considering making portion sizes smaller at restaurants to cut costs.

I have been eating at Regal Eagle when I go to Epcot and I noticed they already reduced the size of the side items with a kids meal. The first 3 times I ate there since September, the sides were in a tray type container. On Monday, the sides were now in much smaller paper cups.

More cuts for more money.  I wonder how long it will be before housekeeping goes back to a daily schedule of cleaning the rooms and making the beds. I am sure they aren’t in any rush to having it done every day like all hotels should. Once again, no reduction in room rates for the inconvenience.  

I agree, just like the trams that are sitting there in the parking lots or how they haven't brought back shows like Fantasmic and no parades except during the after hours party but they can pack 70 people in a small pre-show holding room at Rock N Rollercoaster.

When I walk past the ticket booths and see it's $139 for a 1 day ticket or $500 for a 4 day ticket, I think about how much more expensive it is to visit with so much missing but I guess it doesn't matter since last month the parks have been very busy.

The Disney parks are textbook examples of inelastic demand. Tons of people will still flood the parks despite rising costs and declining value. Personally I am fed up with the Disney parks and not planning on visiting them anytime soon. 

12 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I agree, just like the trams that are sitting there in the parking lots

Yeah, that's kind of ridiculous since they actually hired enough staff for the trams months ago.

I'm hearing Fantasmic is getting a much needed full rehab. 

In the mean time, the Halloween and Christmas events (which are only 3 hours and cost more than twice as much as the old parties) have been sold out.  

That’s good to hear about Fantasmic.

I was looking at the Christmas Party dates a few days ago when trying to plan which day in the next few weeks I wanted to visit on a non party day and couldn’t believe how many dates were sold out. I didn’t realize some night were $249. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The preview trailers Disney released for the Star Wars hotel are really getting roasted by fans. The reception was so poor for the first trailer with actor that plays Adam Goldberg that Disney pulled the video. People are probably so partly due to the high price. You can buy a nice used car for the price of that two night stay.

Edited by The Master