VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

^ I had a free tix from ACE and it had to be used by this past sunday. So I used it this past Sat., and asked at guest relations if I can get my friend in 10 min early, guest relations said ok, and the rude security lady at the season pass 10min early area would not let my friend in. I waited with about 10 other guests who were in the same situation. It is very sad to see how disorganized the park is.

Edited by DANofNJ

^ I had a free tix from ACE and it had to be used by this past sunday. So I used it this past Sat., and asked at guest relations if I can get my friend in 10 min early, guest relations said ok, and the rude security lady at the season pass 10min early area would not let my friend in. I waited with about 10 other guests who were in the same situation. It is very sad to see how disorganized the park is.

Probably the same woman I ran into last Friday....there was no explaining that it was allowed with her and she probably would have tackled us.

After my friend was denied the early entry I went through and then passed my season pass to my friend and he went to a different guard. No pictures so they can't say a thing.

UPS SurePost. I ordered 5 items from Best Buy on Sunday and the tracking numbers show all were delivered and I only got 2 out of the 5 items. The 2 that were delivered were the ones transferred to USPS. I emailed customer service and hope they can take care of it.

^ I know what you mean. It use to be much easier to track packages from Amazon before they started handing things off to the USPS. Although, getting delivery on a Sunday without any additional charges is a plus. I even had some things delivered on Easter Sunday. I didn't request it, it just happened.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Youtube's copyrighted content finder. I just uploaded a video from the Wildwood boardwalk and it called me out for two different songs that were just playing in the background on the boardwalk while I was recording. I didn't even put them in myself! Not only that but it blocked the video in a country or two! (Not the US luckily). Most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. It's one thing if you purposely record in a song that's copyrighted (that I understand the block) but it's totally ridiculous when the song's faintly playing in the background and I didn't even put it in on my own.

What makes it even more sad is that this isn't the first time it did that. It honestly makes me want to just stop uploading videos all together, but for some reason I still do anyway.

Edited by RC98

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Printer ink, if I am out of magenta ink, why does it matter if I want to print something using the black ink cartridge only? The printer says the cartridge must be replaced before printing at all.

I know it doesn't relate to theme parks, but the one thing that really grinds my gears is this time of the year in stores especially Black Friday. In the last few years, some of the major retailers think it is okay to take away Thanksgiving, so they could make a quick buck. It just gets worse and worse every year. I just do not like the idea of Black Friday and having to work retail on Thanksgiving of all days. I worked in retail for over 2 years and thank God I do not anymore, in my first year, Target opened at midnight on Friday, the following year at 9PM, and last year, 8:00 PM. Guess what time, they are opening this year, 6:00 PM. Absolutely ridiculous. On the same subject, before I quit, I was scheduled to work on Thanksgiving from 9PM to 6AM on BF, then 3-11PM the same day. We get the short end of the stick and it is not fair.

Thanksgiving is all about one thing only--FAMILY, not a sale where you could get something online or 362 other days of the year. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a joyous holiday season. My advice is to spend it with your families, not in a line for something you can get any other day.

I don't like how the stores are opening on Thanksgiving either and I agree it's only a matter of time before the stores start opening on Christmas. It's the same thing with Easter too, it seems like more stores are open than closed.

^ True! And how about the cost of the cartridges? It's almost cheaper to buy a new printer.

Yeah the cost of the cartridges are bad too. I normally go to Costco to get them refilled for $7.99 for black ink and $9.99 for color ink,.

They seem to get the same amount of pages printed with a refill compared to a new cartridge. The only difference I noticed is when you put the refilled cartridge in the printer (HP), a box pops up on the screen saying that it is refilled and was it purchased as new. When no is selected it says that new unrefilled cartridges are the only ones eligible for rewards (that are basically worthless, like 15% off photo paper direct from HP).