VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Jersey Devil Coaster - Now Open!

29yrswithaGApass

On 2/12/2020 at 8:00 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I think now more than ever they should change Bizarro back to Medusa.  It would be nice to have her and the Jersey Devil at opposite ends of the park especially for Fright Fest.  

Bizarro back to Medusa would be absolutely awesome! Not to mention that Medusa's color scheme was great! Hopefully we could keep all of the cool effects such as the fire and mist, as those were great additions to the ride! 

19990074.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EasternThrills said:

I think they’re the same, the seat back on the JDC is just taller. Here are the two trains side by side for comparison: 

I love to see RMC making minor improvements for our version! I also read on Reddit (someone had commented) that the wheel axes have been updated from the previous models to be more articulated, hopefully indicating that these trains will navigate the track even better than the first two Raptors!

Does anyone know if the station will include a moving loading platform (similar to WW: GLC)? I am really hoping for that, I think it would make the lines move a lot more efficiently and keep the queue moving.

16 hours ago, Gyrotron said:

I love to see RMC making minor improvements for our version! I also read on Reddit (someone had commented) that the wheel axes have been updated from the previous models to be more articulated, hopefully indicating that these trains will navigate the track even better than the first two Raptors!

Does anyone know if the station will include a moving loading platform (similar to WW: GLC)? I am really hoping for that, I think it would make the lines move a lot more efficiently and keep the queue moving.

Six Flags Great Adventure did say at ACE’s EastCoaster event that the ride will include a continuous moving station.

19 hours ago, EasternThrills said:

I think they’re the same, the seat back on the JDC is just taller. Here are the two trains side by side for comparison: 

29D58F4E-DDB2-42E5-AB76-99AD22A2D80A.jpeg

They do look different to me. On WW it's one continuous bar from the headrest, down and across your lap. ON JDC, it almost looks like the bar comes from the headrest, and then ends in a separate lap section, similar to something like Zumanjaro's restraint.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 12:40 PM, Six Flags FUN! said:

I think they might gonna start vertical construction soon between this week or next week (March). So we have to wait until RMC crew finishing up Iron Gwazi at Busch Gardens Tampa soon then early March RMC crew will come to Great Adventure to start building Jersey Devil like two weeks or three weeks.

Cool video. Off topic but I never realized how spread out Nitro’s airtime hills are compared to newer hypers like Mako. Interesting.

22 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

They'll better hurry up and start doing vertical construction this week or next week. The track and supports will be build in six weeks just like SFFT's Wonder Woman and CGA's Railblazer.

Logically, a coaster with 3000 ft. of track is going to take longer to build than a coaster with 1800 ft. of track.  I am curious if the station and transfer shed buildings will be delayed because Six Flags has them manufactured in China.

Edited by Medusa42

It has been a long time coming, but it's finally here. I am extremely honored to present the magnum opus of our JERSEY DEVIL COASTER construction updates; the recreated ride foundation plan for JERSEY DEVIL COASTER.

This journey started on February 1st, 2020, where I watched Great Adventure's second episode of "BEHIND THE ADVENTURE - JERSEY DEVIL COASTER" and noticed that the park had included blueprints in the update. While I was originally just going to let it sit and not do anything with it, I felt like I had to use it. Thus, I tackled the nearly one-month long journey from that day up until today, February 29th, 2020, and finished it. While it was slower at some points than others, recreating these blueprints by hand from scratch with every little detail was a challenge but part of the hustle. I am happy it happened, yet so happy it is over. I would do it all again if I could (I really wouldn't, this took FOREVER!)

Nonetheless, I hope you all enjoy this blueprint recreation. Of course, all credit given to Maser Consulting P.A. and their talented team, as well as Richard Maloney who is the lead engineer of this JERSEY DEVIL COASTER project for the original blueprints; as well as GADV themselves for revealing such a precious document.

JDC_FOUNDATION_PLAN.jpg

Edited by XENITH
  • Like 5

I know assembly of this will be fairly quick, but this made me laugh the other day in the "Great Adventure Connoisseurs" group on Facebook: 

Seaworld Orlando: Ice Breaker track layout completed today
Busch Gardens Williamsburg: Pantheon's last track piece installed today
Busch Gardens Tampa: Iron Gwazi has only a few track pieces left
Kings Island: Orion completed its first test run 3 days ago
Hersheypark: Candymonium last track piece installed last week.
Six Flags Great Adventure:

87510536_566469430620777_151391112642376

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, EasternThrills said:

It looks like most, if not all of the Transfer Track Columns are in place, the "Crow's Nest" support base are in, and the turnaround from the FBR is in place!

All 21 transfer + maintenance columns are in, as well as the columns on the turn into the transfer area, crows nest entrance/exit, and even the A frame support for the initial brake run!

• Like 1