VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Introduce Yourself!

GAcoaster

I was moonracker7 til my laptop computer messed up and account was sort of...locked. that's to RC98, I was able to fix things and use one of my conmen names, Pineracer witch is what I use for forums, twitch, and gaming. I am Lemurseighteen on social media and on YouTube. I accept any apologies I have to make for the last time.

Hello! I'm Angie and I love Great Adventure all the way. Although I haven't been to the park for as many years as many of the other people on Greatadventurehistory, I share the hard love we all have for the park. The rest of my family would never ride a coaster, so I roam the park alone, and I'll meet random people and make temporary friends! You might meet me at the park one day:)

Hi! Im Zak, and I love Great Adventure and rides in general. I go all the time, and love talking about it. I joined because I read the speculation topic all the time and decided to join to share my opinion. I especially love Kingda Ka, El Toro, and all Intamins in general. The way they push the envelope is just so inspiring. I hope to work for them one day, but it's just a dream. I look forward to posting!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I'm Zach! I love roller coasters an run a small growing youtube channel!(RADZADproductions) I hope to design roller coasters one day with my own professional company with my 2 friends with new amazing types of coaster concepts! I have already started by making some amazing coasters with the No Limits programs. I love great adventure and have been to other great parks too, an hope to go to some major ones someday. My favorite steel coaster is Nitro and my favorite woodie is El toro/ comet at six flags great escape. Look forward to being on this forums page!

I will introduce myself here, but you'll find me hanging out in the Old Fart Employee sections most of the when I sign in.

I am "Mayor Al" or really AL BOWEN, I am a retired Economic Professor, who 40 years ago found a second job at a Security Officer at Great Advrenture, Just as the Park opened for it's first season in 1974. That proved to be a lucky move on my part as shortly after starting at GA, I was 'riffed' by my primary job. In addition to the normal Security functions I wrote training programs for the department and created the first POLICIES and PROCEDURES MANUAL for Ed Gadberry the Director of Everything in Sight !! Those who knew Ed know why I gave him that title.

Another "Project" assigned to me was the coordination of training exercises with the Jackson P D and Our Security Dept. during the off-season. One in particular, day-long hostage exercise using the Western Fort Cable Car Tower (1977) as the hostage hiding place was a real challenge for all involved.

I have posted some photos and donated some relics from those early days. Last night...10/4/2014 there was a 40th reunion party in Lakewood. Many of the old guys were there. Some were not aware of this site. They are now.

In addition to my time at Great Adventure, my wife and I enjoy roadtripping a lot. linked to that is a love for G O O D BBQ, We travel often searching out good 'que' in out of the way places around the country. I am a MODERATOR on the ROADFOOD.COM website where travel and good food are linked closely. Add to that being an avid hunter and firearms collector, and railfan of the Western railroads, and you begin to get a picture of what this old guy is all about.

12711.jpg

I can share some fun "War Stories" of the exciting times we shared in those first four Seasons at Great Adventure...I am sure the Statute of Limitations has run out after 40 years, so running afoul of current 6 Flags rules shouldn't be an issue..

Watch for further entrys in the Security Forum.

I HAVE ENTERED A NUMBER OF STORIES FROM THE EARLY YEARS AS REMARKS UNDER PHOTOS IN THE SECURITY DEPARTMENT PHOTO ALBUM IN THE EMPLOYEE GALLERY...TAKE A LOOK OVER THERE. I will bring some into the correct forum here as I can, but adding photos here is more difficult.

Edited by mayor al

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone! I'm Desiree...and I'm from Toms River,NJ. I've been going to Great Adventure since I was a toddler (and my parents started going to the park when it first opened). I've gone to other parks around the country, but I can always be found at Great Adventure. I've had a season pass for quite a long time and will continue to do so (along with a season pass to Hurricane Harbor too). Right now, my current favorite coaster is Green Lantern and current non-coaster is the Skyscreamer.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello Greatadventurehistory.com

As a child I used to go to Great Adventure all the time. I loved it and it was one of my favorite places to go. Then in 2006 when I was eleven, my family and I moved to Virginia, and I wasn’t going to be able to go to the park I used to enjoy so much.Then in mid 2007, I went searching online about roller coasters, where I came across many theme park websites that I never knew existed. For me, all of these sites fueled a great interest in theme parks which I still have to this day.

My favorite one of these websites was the site Gadv.com and I found it incredibly interesting to find that there were so many people talking about Great Adventure, giving different stories, trip reports, and talking about the happenings around the park. One of which was whether or not one of my favorite coasters Batman & Robin The Chiller was going to be removed from the park.

Then in 2008, I saw on Screamscape this cool web page showing this “graveyard” of past Great Adventure rides (link to that here: http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Graveyard.htm). I followed the links to this site which became another one of my favorites especially since I could learn about the different rides and attractions that I never got to experience and the history of a lot of my favorites rides. It is then I created this account! Anyways time goes by, and today I still read almost daily the different theme park related websites across the web including this one.

Over the years, I have posted on here and at Gadv.com from time to time when I have had an opinion about something, but without me being able to visit the park and give a true perspective, I personally find it hard for me to add anything of content to the topics of discussion. However, I always do enjoy reading about the updates from the park, and the different happenings involving this site.

Thank you guys for reading this, I will see you around!

Edited by bobbyd

Thanks for posting!Do i say welcome or welcome back :) Don't worry about feeling like you can't contribute, just like in school, theres usually no wrong question contribution so feel free to chime in when you feel you can.

Nice to see a not so active member is still active on the site even though we don't see many post from you. A lot of the times i feel like 'lurkers' tend to disappear from the site so its nice to see you are active.

Glad you enjoy the site and thanks again for posting!

Hope you can make it to the park soon!

• Like 2

Even though great adventure has been always the closest park to me I never went that often as a kid cause I didn't get really into roller coasters until my middle teenage years.

Once I was hooked with roller coasters I started traveling around the country with my parents to different theme parks but still never really went to great adventure.

I don't honestly remember how many times I have been to the park so I'm iffy on which of the rides that are no longer there that I had been on.

I know some time after nitro opened that my friend invited me to his family members corporate party that had rented the park out for the day.

In 06 or 07 I honestly don't remember which year but two of my friends and I decided to finally get six flags season passes. Well turns out only my one friend and I drove down there and only went to the park once. So it turned out to be a waste because they could never go.

So about 10 years after that my gf and I decided to go all in and get gold season passes and gold dining passes plus the picture pass for this year. In the previous years we had made a trip to Hersey Park, then did a weekend of Busch gardens Virginia and Kings Dominion. Then earlier this year we did the Disney and Universal Parks.

We figured we wanted to both go to great adventure since it had been so long for both of us and with the passes being so cheap we decided to go for it and travel to the other is flags parks. We already went to over Texas and are making plans for the one in Maryland, new England and upstate NY.

I stumbled onto this board looking for information about the season passes and was happy to find such an active forum. I really forgot how fun great adventure is and I've already been down there 3 times this current season and can't wait to go again already. I'm hooked.

Edited by SatansHockey

Welcome to the jungle ese

Kidding of course

I stumbled onto this site too. Offers a connection to the park I never felt before. Pardon the pun but it's a great adventure here.

Not sure how the world operated before the Internet, message boards, and dare I say... The iPhone.

Might be late but, Hello! My name is Griffin, Great Adventure has always been my favorite park since I first went, and I wanted to get into the action and speculation. I found this amazing website to share my thoughts! I've been in love with rides for a while, and now recreate them in Minecraft with the awesome server I work with. Another game I love to play is agar.io, rather addicting. I'm always exploring the rollercoaster enthusiast community and love to travel.

- Fgcassady

Edited by Fgcassady

Official welcome to Satanshockey! This goes for you and anyone else, if you got a question or need help feel free to post or ask someone on the GAH team!

Never to late Fgcassady, considering I'm not sure if i ever wrote in here either lol. Maybe I'll type something up tonight.

• Like 2

I haven't posted anything here yet, but I always had interest in visiting Six Flags Great Adventure my whole life. Last year was my first season visiting; the first time hearing about the park had to be the Mr Six commercial in 2004. My first time visiting this site was about a year ago when I found the Medusa and Batman & Robin spotlights. I seldom looked at the forums before being a member only reading the trip report log and spotlights. Some of the other parks I visited before 2015 include Disney World, Universal Orlando, and even Dorney Park (mainly for the water park)! I saw the giant sign for Kings Dominion on I-95 twice, but it was past 10pm both times, so I never got a chance to see I305, the Eiffel Tower, and the other tall rides from outside the park. I am also a big coaster enthusiast seeing over 200 theme park photos per day.

Well i just went through and Iwas correct, I have not officially introduced myself.

Hi all! Im James, 23, from Nj.

Long time visitor of GADV. Growing up, and still living ~10 minutes away, it was just part of my life. From going as a child, to after school or every weekend, or even multiple times a week, I was always there. As far back as I can remember I've been into rollercoasters and still am today although i find i can't ride them as repetitive as i used to be able to. As a constant visitor I eventually started working there in 2011, and have worked a few various jobs in a few departments.

According to my profile I joined back in 2012, but I feel that time, and time before that I was just a lurker. I was a member on a few GADV sites and want to say they- or one of them- lead me to here. I don't think i became a decently active member until a few years ago and recently as of 2014 was made a moderator here on the site!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi I'm Joe.

I'm 14 years old, and I moved to the area in 2008. I've been going to the park since 2010 and had a pass since 2011. I live about 20 minutes away from the park ,and it's been a huge part of my growing up. I remember it being a huge rite of passage for me and my friends to reach 54 inches, and making a huge deal out of going on Kingda Ka the first time. Everyone got the same shirts the first time we went on, and it was a really memorable experience for all of us. I just recently became an active member of the site, and I really enjoy all the interesting discussions and different points of view.