VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Introduce Yourself!

GAcoaster

• 3 weeks later...

I just realized I never properly introduced myself. I did in the park operations thread, but not in this one so it is only fitting that I introduce myself.

My name is Eric.

I worked at the park from '96 through '00 and was part time for '01 & '02. I started in Rides at Western Cables and through out my tenure I was the lead of the Log Flume, Mine Train, Western Cables, Big Wheel and Sky Coaster (The Record Breaking Crew, I still have the Shirt they gave us!). I also did a stint in the Ice house with Mike Savage and Chet (Former and Legendary Log Flume Lead) and was a lead in Grounds. I had a great time working in the park and have met some of the best people there, many of whom I am still in touch with today.

I am thinking about getting a season pass for next season and going back to the park for the first time since '02.

To GAcoaster and 29yrswithaGApass...Thank you for all your hard work. This site is amazing and I have really enjoyed coming to the site and forums to reminisce and learn what has changed at Great Adventure over the years.

^ Thanks Eric, for your nice comments. It's great to hear that you guys enjoy GAH! We couldn'be be happier with how the site is coming together and all the great members we have here.

Today we welcome our 450th member since introducing the Forums on November 1st, 2007 and we can't wait to share all the great stuff we have in the pipeline for GreatAdventureHistory.com. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there! My name's Chris, and I work in retail at Daily Planet Gift Shop. I'm new to this site's forums, but have been following the updates for some time now. I'm all over the internet, I used to have my own Great Adventure fansite, and I like coaster debate =)

I'm excited to finally be on these boards and I hope I have some fun along the way!

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone,

Carlos here from Weehawken, NJ. I just became a member of this great website/network! I've been going to Great Adventure since it opened in 1974 and I love it! This site is amazing and brings back great memories of rides no longer at the park. But with everything in life, change is always taking place. I can't imagine life without a season pass either! I can't wait for the 2009 season and to check out the revamped Medusa! Happy holidays to everyone.

Carlos :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, My name is Austen, I have been going to Great Adventure for many years and am a proud season pass holder. I have been reading the forums and checking out all the spotlights since the site started. I just havent gotten around to signing up to be a member until now. I love to take pictures especially at amusement parks. My top three favorite parks are SF Great Adventure, Hersheypark and Busch Gardens Europe. I look forward to posting on this site.

Edited by Chiller

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! Well I've been a member here for quite some time and have posted many things, however last summer my mind got side-tracked off stuff about gadv and onto strictly disney stuff. now thats changing so ill be returning! and ill bet there are many new people here that i dont know and they dont know me, so i thought id re-introduce myself! biggrin.gif So my names Dan Brookwell and I absolutely love theme parks and Disney is the best! happy to be back!

Welcome back Dan. Here's to a i'm-sure-it-will-be a wonderful 2009 for Great Adventure.

Ben :D

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings to all of our newest members who have joined us over the last several weeks and welcome to GreatAdventureHistory.com! We hope you'll jump right into our Forums, Galleries, and main site. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to us and have a great time exploring all the member-only extras!

I have been a Great Adventure fan since high school (25 years) but only went once or twice a year.

Since I am married with small kids, we have been going at least 5 or six times a season.

Anyway, I love your website, especially the history. I loved the video from the mid seventies posted by 29yearswithaGApass.

Hi, i have been going to Great Adventure ever since i was little. My family gets passes every year. I love this site and i love reading the history of Great Adventure and i enjoy reading the forums! :rainbowsmile: