VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Introduce Yourself!

GAcoaster

Hi, I just joined after lurking a couple weeks. I've really been enjoying the forums.

I lived on Long Island, NY and visited Great Adventure in 1992, 1993, 1996 and 2003. Now I'm in Tennessee and don't know when I'll be back again but I have many fun memories from my trips.

My mom went to Great Adventure in the early 80's and brought back a postcard booklet that I still have. I was like obsessed with the picture of the giant teepee and was wanted to know all about the Haunted Castle fire.

I have some photos from my trips I'll have to put up here and there, I don't have a scanner, but I'll do that picture of a picture things,lol.

Talk to you all later!

Welcome all new comers. This is a great site to reminisce about GA memories and GA memories yet to be made. Enjoy!

Ben

Hi, I'm Joe.

I've been going to the park for years since I was little and am currently working there in rides, mostly at Kingda Ka but occasionally at Superman and when Scream Machine was open, I was sometimes there. I was also there operating it on its last day.

Anyway, I'm also very interested in the park's past and love seeing pictures of the park in previous years and seeing things that bring back memories from coming to the park when I was little.

So anyway, talk to everyone later!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I love this site - so many fabulous pics of GA from back in the day brings back memories. I started there in 1974, and was there even before opening day, polishing the brass on the carousel. Back then, the required uniforms were called 'costumes' and boy were they ugly! Each day, we would report to 'Wardrobe' before starting and they had very strict rules about jewelry, earrings, etc. I believe they were trying to compete with the Disney image. Keeping the park clean was very important. They had a grounds crew who spent all day just picking up trash, cigarette butts, etc almost as soon as they were dropped. I spent my whole career there in rides. The first summer, I worked in Kiddie Rides and can still hear those dreadful buzzers. The next summer, I worked pool for a while (where you would be assigned to wherever you were needed), which was great as it was always something different. The most fun was working the coaster, as a partner and I would start off the cars. We had a lot of fun with it, chatting to each other, saying things 'ike, 'Say, this is Car 5 - didn't they take it out of service last week when it fell off the track?' ...And with that, we would give the car a push and send them on their way!

I also spent a lot of time on Carousel, which is my favourite ride in all the park.. It's not the same as it was at the beginning, though, when the ride and the calliope were actually run by the original steam engine, and part of the job of the team was to give it a push to get it started. Now, the ride operator pushes a button to start it, and the music is recorded. Thanks for the memories! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I'm Darren. I am addicted to roller coasters, theme parks and anything that has to do with an amusement park. I have been going to Great Adventure for only a couple of years but I know alot about the park. I live close to Great Adventure so it is easy to get there when I go. I plan on going to Great Adventure for years to come.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

I first visited GA back in the seventies with my parents and sister. My dad was a big safari nut so we packed the car and drove from Scranton, PA to GA one summer day. I'll never forget the ostrich sticking his long neck and head into the car which freaked out my sister. And of course the baboons that climbed on top of my dad's Ford LTD! Do they still do that ??

I haven't been back since but am planning a trip this July with my own 2 daughters. We are looking forward to the safari, water park and amusement rides.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, I'm Patrick. I last went to the park around '96 but I'm going to be in the area next week and will definitely make at least one visit. I only wish that the Chiller was still there, it looked fun technical issues aside.

Yeah, the weather wasn't exactly cooperative when I was down there, so I didn't get to go. Hopefully I'll get to try again in August.

Edited by DoctorLantern1

I've been here for awhile, but I just though I should introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Eric from NJ and I've been going to Gadv my entire life. When I'm not at school, home, sports or with my friends, I'm usually riding a roller coaster somewhere :P. Some of you may know me as Nitro230 on GAOutpost or DiveMachine on GadvOnline. I like to play football, baseball and basketball as well as Kronum. I really like this site and think its really awesome to have a website with sooooooooooo much history about Gadv biggrin.gif

• 2 months later...

Hi guys my name is Shawn Ive been visiting the park since 1999 and always loved it i joined back in January and some of you guys may know me as gasmspiritblue. I always loved GA & coasters and i have always loved GA's bright past and future.I had a another account name as scout so i have really been here since 09.

Hi guys my name is Shawn Ive been visiting the park since 1999 and always loved it i joined back in January and some of you guys may know me as gasmspiritblue. I always loved GA & coasters and i have always loved GA's bright past and future.I had a another account name as scout so i have really been here since 09.

Please do not create more than one account.

I see your old account (Scout) was Last Active: Yesterday, 09:30 PM - what was your reason for creating another one?

I don't think i never made any post on that account at first i didin't really know that this sight had topics and pictures to comment on i think i put on 1 picture as a test to see how it worked.I made a new one because Scout is my dog's name and ever since January when i made this account i have been trying to erase my other one. I am really sorry about this.

I don't think i never made any post on that account at first i didin't really know that this sight had topics and pictures to comment on i think i put on 1 picture as a test to see how it worked.I made a new one because Scout is my dog's name and ever since January when i made this account i have been trying to erase my other one. I am really sorry about this.

Going forward, if you should want to change your name, contact a moderator. Thank you.

Hi! My name is Tom and I've been a fan of Great Adventure since my late dad took me there when I was nine years old. My favorite rides which are no longer running include the Enterprise and Lightnin' Loops. My best memories of visiting GA are when I visited there no less than five times in one season; that was in 2005.

Sooo...how are you? :)

Hi! My name is Tom and I've been a fan of Great Adventure since my late dad took me there when I was nine years old. My favorite rides which are no longer running include the Enterprise and Lightnin' Loops. My best memories of visiting GA are when I visited there no less than five times in one season; that was in 2005.

Sooo...how are you? :)

Welcome aboard!

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm Ben....I am a huge fan of thrill rides and roller coasters. I hope to learn a lot about these awesome scream machines!

I have been on every ride at great adventure currently, and most front row. This season has been my first one going to this park so I am still learning my way around a bit. I look forward to being on this forum and great website!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi I'm Ben....I am a huge fan of thrill rides and roller coasters. I hope to learn a lot about these awesome scream machines!

I have been on every ride at great adventure currently, and most front row. This season has been my first one going to this park so I am still learning my way around a bit. I look forward to being on this forum and great website!

laugh.gifWelcome to the site you will get great info from GAcoaster & 29yrswithaGApass have fun!!laugh.gif