VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Introduce Yourself!

GAcoaster

In just a short couple of weeks we've been fortunate to have about thirty new members join our forums! Welcome everyone! Please take a moment to introduce yourself or join right in the discussions. We have an exciting season ahead - both at the park and at GreatAdventureHistory.com! You picked a great time to join!

Hey everyone, my name is Michelle and we actually used to live right down the street from the park when I was around 8 years old. Most days after school were spent riding Lightning Loops with my father which began my love affair with coasters, even though now I've moved on to the big boys....Kingda Ka...*drools*...but there are just so many wonderful memories I have of the park and to finally find a site that details "what used to be" is so freakin awesome, I am so glad someone finally decided to do this! Can't wait till opening day!

Hi everybody! I got to visit Great Adventure for the first time in August of 2008. I was blown away when I came across GAH - I wish all of my favorite parks had such comprehensive sites dedicated to their history! You guys do a great job - your love of the park shines through. I've been scouring the spotlights the last few days and decided I had to join the forums if for no other reason than to say job well done! Check out my about me for my history with Great Adventure, it started long before I ever got to actually visit the place. Hopefully I can bring an outsider's perspective on the park, or maybe ask questions those who grew up with the park wouldn't think of. As I say in my about me, my experience with the park is limited, but my interest isn't.

Welcome to the site and forums. I am glad to hear you came away with such a shining impression of the park, and it is really nice to get that insight from someone who doesn't get to experience the park as regularly as most of us on the boards here. Definately take in as much as you can from the site because the information offered here is stuff many of us are still learning from on a regular basis.

Welcome Sigmund! It's great to have a long distance fan of Great Adventure join us and thanks for your kind words about the site. Great Adventure is a park we really care about as it has been such a big part of growing up for us. I am happy to hear that our pride in the park seems to show in what we do here!

Have fun exploring and stay tuned for more. MUCH more!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

We passed the 650 member mark!

What an incredible assortment of Great Adventure fans we have on this site! Age-wise we span at least six decades, with members from both far and near. We have current park employees as well as some that worked at the park BEFORE it opened! We have casual park visitors as well as dedicated park fanatics. We have former park entertainers and current Great Adventure and Six Flags representatives! We are excited to have everyone join us from our earliest site veterans to our newest members that just signed up!

Welcome everyone! :)

• 1 month later...

I love theme parks and coasters. Lived near Great Adventure my whole life - but finally getting into it now. We visit lots of attractions like Hershey Park, Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Universal...

Helping my son now with his own coaster site: http://themeparkrider.webs.com

Guess he got it from me! B)

Leaving for Great Adventure in a few minutes. Hopefully we'll get some good pics and vids to load up on the web...

From one Park "local" to another, Welcome!!! You will find a Great bunch of People here, with a deep Love of Great Adventure. The guy's that run this place have so much Park knowledge it can make your Head spin, and they are always happy to answer any Questions you might have.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hey my name is gabby. im 13 but have a little obsession with roller coasters and six flags great adventure ok a big obsession. im always on this site finding out all i can about great adventure and its coasters. ive been riding coasters since i was 8 and have been on over 75. ive been to many parks. and ive been going to sfga since i was 3. its funny when i talk about six flags and coasters with my friends they got me a nickname (roller coaster nerd) :P one of my friends gave me a quiz about six flags and coasters and i got everything and now she said because of me shes got an obsession. aha. well not one as big. i usually help my friends get over their fear of coasters. like once at sfga i made my friend ride batman. she loves coasters now. :D who could blame her? aha. well i love this site and love to learn things from here. ill be back on it... later... :alien: aha whats with all these random smileys!? aha i like them. :Z6::Z1: ! ok im good! bye people!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello! I've had an obsession for roller coasters, rides, amusement parks, and amusement parks since 2006. I've always wanted to visit world class parks such as Cedar Point, Magic Mountain, Great Adventure and other parks. I don't live in the United States nor have I ever visited, but I hope to visit Great Adventure and Cedar Point next year.

I came across this great site after being linked to the Super-Round Up Ride Page while I was looking for similar rides that have been removed (and there are no pictures of) at my home park in Canada. I looked around and saw the tremendous amount of effort put into the site, and I decided to join. All of the "spotlights" awesome to read!

Thanks so much for this great site! :)

Edited by Riptide

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good day to everyone here on GAH. While I am not particularly new to the site or to our beloved six flags great adventure, I have been missing in action to both for quite some time. So let me re-introduce myself here if I may.

My name is Chris, I am born and raised here in good old New Jersey. I have visited a wide variety of Parks over the years, but when all is said and done none treats me better the Great Adventure. Up until this year I had been going to the park on a pretty regular basis, however due to different circumstances, this season marks the first time in 5 years that I have not made it at least once. I am hopeful that will change before the operating season is over, so we will see.

To all the new members here you are certainly in for a treat a our gracious hosts have a plethora of information to share with you and are some of the most knowledgeable people I have met when it comes to Great Adventure. For those I have had the opportunity to converse with in the past I look forward to doing so again with you all, and for those new here I hope to get to know some of you as well :)

Cheer to all!

Chris