VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great American Scream Machine

29yrswithaGApass

I like it better inside the park as well, this year when I went to add parking on Sunday of opening weekend there was a line at the processing center outside the park but since not everyone knew about the one in the park or where it was, I went to the one in the Boardwalk an hour after opening and didn't have to wait more than 30 seconds as opposed to a park like Dorney where it is done outside the park and even on a day before the park opened for the season, it took close to 15 minutes just to get our pictures taken and given the new passes (and that was with skipping the purchasing line).

I doubt the decision has anything to do with the roughness. GASM is now down to two trains; my hunch is that they've cannibalized the third train for parts that are no longer available, and have already run out...

As for your assumption that Chang will "beat up on ya" because of its similarity to Mantis, take it from someone who's ridden both.

You have a point when it comes to the parts about the trains I didn't know that.Guesse all good things come to an end some time:(

Man I miss this ride. It was my substitute ride for Magic Mountain's Revolution when I moved to Jersey many years ago. My daughter has learned to love it so we'll be going this Sunday to pay our respects. I've been on one standup coaster before (again at Magic Mountain) and thought it was ok. Hopefully Chang has improved on that.

You know it is funny that they will be putting a stand up coaster across from where old Shockwave used to be. Still GADV won't look the same without GASM.

Edited by The Master

I think the park is "dropping the ball" on the Scream Machine's final days. Why not promote it, with the 4th. of July weekend? Saturday Night Lights and ride the Great American Scream Machine for the last time. It would make for a "big" weekend. At least post something on their Facebook page.

It is amazing how much "love" the ride is getting now. Several months ago, some of the same people were wanting to assist in taking it down.

EXACTLY,that's what I've been saying,I've been reading stuff every day about how much of a "bad decision" it is for the park,and some are going as far as not coming to the park again (which we all know they will be back) but people are just ridiculous these days.

This jsut occured to me. up until GASM the park really had no theme, but they tried to change that with the addition of GASM with all the patriotic queue and the "flag effect" on the ground, but why did they put it at the end of the boardwalk? Why not just keep Sarajevo for another year and put GASM in Shockwave's spot, that way it could be accesed from Main Street and would fit in PERFECTLY with the areas theme. Then, next year Sarajevo could be removed and replaced with Shockwave and then that spot would later house Houdini and Dare Devil Dive later on in life. It actually makes scense......

The park was going to remove the Sarajevo Bobsled regardless of where they put GASM. It was time for that ride to rotate and they didn't want to have a major void on the edge of the park.

Management didn't use the Shockwave site until 1990 because of the expense in having to clear the site of the old Garden of Marvels remains. It was costly and left as one of the last in park locations to be redeveloped.

This jsut occured to me. up until GASM the park really had no theme, but they tried to change that with the addition of GASM with all the patriotic queue and the "flag effect" on the ground, but why did they put it at the end of the boardwalk? Why not just keep Sarajevo for another year and put GASM in Shockwave's spot, that way it could be accesed from Main Street and would fit in PERFECTLY with the areas theme. Then, next year Sarajevo could be removed and replaced with Shockwave and then that spot would later house Houdini and Dare Devil Dive later on in life. It actually makes scense......

Sarajevo Bobsleds had an Olympic theme. It's station was alpine-themed.

Not to mention Saw Mill Log Flume and Runaway Mine Train.