VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2018 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I think people are also forgetting that this is a definite possibility.

I find that would be a really good fit, but pretending the "worlds First" applies to type of ride, how is that a worlds first? Now the teasers in the park point to a cyborg themed ride. That would be the worlds first cyborg ride

I find that would be a really good fit, but pretending the "worlds First" applies to type of ride, how is that a worlds first? Now the teasers in the park point to a cyborg themed ride. That would be the worlds first cyborg ride

There's no other ride like that. The seats do spins for the rides entirety. It's a worlds first.

A spinning coaster really appeals to families in the long run but it depends how thrilling it is. Think of Time Travler coming to SDC. To be honest, the whole spinning factor adds Family to it. You could market this as a thrilling coaster, a family coaster or anything in between to be honest.

I think we would have seen a Planning Board Meeting by now if we were getting Mack Compact Extreme Spinning coaster. There is nothing on the schedule so far. I am expecting a ride that sits on an existing concrete slab.

http://www.jacksontwpnj.net/documents/agendas/planning/index.php?dir=2017/&file=08-21-17.pdf

This isn't necessarily true. Referring to the 2015 agendas, Joker wasn't proposed until two weeks after it was announced to the public.

As of now I really have no idea what we are getting. I'm hoping they throw us a curveball and give us something out of left field.

This isn't necessarily true. Referring to the 2015 agendas, Joker wasn't proposed until two weeks after it was announced to the public.

As of now I really have no idea what we are getting. I'm hoping they throw us a curveball and give us something out of left field.

This. I'd rather have no idea what we are getting than having this happen:

1.) Expect Garbage

2.) Get Garbage

Happened with 2015 and 2016, might happen this year as well.

Edited by Tower

I'm sure Six Flags knew about it. I would find it very hard to believe that people in the industry don't know even a little something about what other parks are getting. Especially if two different parks are buying from the same manufacture and they both go "I want a record breaker in 2018" the manufacture cant promise them both the most loops or highest version of the same ride. Id think a legal issue would come to play at that point

Edited by Mrpq

I'm sure Six Flags knew about it. I would find it very hard to believe that people in the industry don't know even a little something about what other parks are getting. Especially if two different parks are buying from the same manufacture and they both go "I want a record breaker in 2018" the manufacture cant promise them both the most loops or highest version of the same ride. Id think a legal issue would come to play at that point

I guess with that we'll probably end up getting disappointed yet again with El Diablo 2.0. What a shame.

I guess with that we'll probably end up getting disappointed yet again with El Diablo 2.0. What a shame.

We all agree that we want a well rounded park. I don't think I agree that it would be a disappointment to have a similar but different ride that is available to smaller riders. It would help families by having more attractions they can use.

What ever ride comes, even if it's not my thing, can't hurt and could help open up a neglected part of the park.

The mondial blender seems very cool and it looks like it can put a lot of weird forces on the riders. I just see it being too many moving parts and it taking too long to load. I can see the too many moving parts being an issue when it needs repair and I could see it costing a lot more than it's worth

I'm not sure if you guys noticed this at all, or if I'm digging up another old discussion, but we all have this to consider:

Pretty much if you call Six Flags Great Adventure and dial the extension "3992" you get that message.

They mention the words "accelerometer" and "gyroscopes". This literally screams a mack spinning coaster. Time Traveler may have beat them to it, but Six Flags is capable of pretty much anything at this point.

I'm not sure if you guys noticed this at all, or if I'm digging up another old discussion, but we all have this to consider:

Pretty much if you call Six Flags Great Adventure and dial the extension "3992" you get that message.

They mention the words "accelerometer" and "gyroscopes". This literally screams a mack spinning coaster. Time Traveler may have beat them to it, but Six Flags is capable of pretty much anything at this point.

This was posted, but a lot of posts got deleted/lost from moving servers. Most of the recent posts in here were made with this in mind.