VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2018 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I'm not sure if there would be much additional benefit by adding another coaster, unless it were a smaller woodie.

Now the question is what flat ride and where??

Id love a new woddie

The only real question would be its location. There's a pretty decent space near the former spot of the lake grandstand that could be used. I guess the only problem would be the loss of the firework viewing area and then the required tree removal.

The only real question would be its location. There's a pretty decent space near the former spot of the lake grandstand that could be used. I guess the only problem would be the loss of the firework viewing area and then the required tree removal.

There really isn't as much space as you think over there. It is a very thin piece of land that could barely fit Joker.

My bet for the location of the next coaster will be either in RT's old footprint or somewhere around Freefall's old location. The other option is removing a current coaster, which would likely be Bizarro.

They could also do something crazy with their land. They could relocate the slingshot, go karts and the swing ride and that frees up a lot of land while removing the simulator building. I would also like see them take a Hershey park take on how their coasters are laid out. Like above the midways or over water. They could also remove the arena next to Bizarro.

They could also do something crazy with their land. They could relocate the slingshot, go karts and the swing ride and that frees up a lot of land while removing the simulator building. I would also like see them take a Hershey park take on how their coasters are laid out. Like above the midways or over water. They could also remove the arena next to Bizarro.

that old simulator building is a blight

I was going to say the same thing about Hershey how they are able to fit in rides even without much space. It's the same thing with Grona Lund. Not much space with many coasters and they are still adding a B&M invert in a few years. https://rcdb.com/9352.htm#p=33107

I don't think we will be getting a major coaster anytime soon. Six Flags seems to be adding fewer expensive coasters in the past 6 years and with a park that already has so much variety in coasters, I think they are going to address other needs first.

I don't think we will be getting a major coaster anytime soon. Six Flags seems to be adding fewer expensive coasters in the past 6 years and with a park that already has so much variety in coasters, I think they are going to address other needs first.

I hope you are right!

So I heard a few days ago, I think on FB, that someone saw some kind of fence put up in HH. Can anyone confirm? Except for a massive expansion I couldn't see them starting anything HH-related this early but you never know. After the last two years of early construction clues this year has been very quiet.

We don't need a birth child of Joker and El Diablo. That would be a poor decision if they went with that in my opinion

anything new we get I hope isn't super hero named/themed.

2018 New Attraction Announcement August 31

Stay tuned as Six Flags Great Adventure announces a thrilling, worlds first attraction for 2018 via its website and social media at 5 a.m. Video, photos and a press release will showcase all of the exciting details of this new project, slated to open late Spring 2018.

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

• Like 1

I saw. I wonder what it is. Key point "Spring 2018". I feel like a slide would be marketed as summer. A giant discovery would be ideal but, what would it take for that to be "record breaking". All major coasters wouldn't really open in the market of Spring (again, sure they could, but what's better for a marketing standpoint and labor). I'm really stuck on what this could be.

I saw. I wonder what it is. Key point "Spring 2018". I feel like a slide would be marketed as summer. A giant discovery would be ideal but, what would it take for that to be "record breaking". All major coasters wouldn't really open in the market of Spring (again, sure they could, but what's better for a marketing standpoint and labor). I'm really stuck on what this could be.

SF and specifically Gadv has always used "Late Spring" in their marketing for at least the past 7 years, sometimes using it interchangeably with "Early Summer".

Every new SF ride for the past several years, "major coaster" or not, has opened late spring.

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

I didnt think we could get a coaster, and I still think those chances are slim, but the World's First and Late Spring 2018 have part of me getting excited. Although Late Spring likely means Memorial Day, why would the park already have everything planned out and why would the park announce themselves when and what they are adding instead of Six Flags corporate themselves. This could all mean nothing and it could just be me getting my hopes up but....

I didnt think we could get a coaster, and I still think those chances are slim, but the World's First and Late Spring 2018 have part of me getting excited. Although Late Spring likely means Memorial Day, why would the park already have everything planned out and why would the park announce themselves when and what they are adding instead of Six Flags corporate themselves. This could all mean nothing and it could just be me getting my hopes up but....

It means nothing. lol (Well, technically it means nothing has changed from their old ways)

They say "Early Spring" every single year. It's always planned out like this, and the park also always announces their plans at the same time as corporate.

I'm just waiting for Hurricane Harbor to finally get one of those drop box type slides. I feel like all of the water parks around here have one of those now. I remember when HH was suppose to get them on The Falls but opted to go with the joke of a slide King Cobra